Tired worn out cant pray

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by grge, Sep 20, 2004.

1. grge

grge New Member

anymore. I just can't pray anymore. My words have dried up and God seems to have forgotten me. I'm tired and weary down to my bones my very soul aches.

I need time away.
    georgia
  2. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi,

I am so sorry that you are having a really hard time. It looks like you are going through a dry spell. That is when you pray and feel that He isn't listening. David, writer of most of the Psalms felt that way. He felt the way you do, and even brought that before the Lord. Psalm 102 is one of such prayers. I go through that, and is now is some situations, but God has not left or forgotten us.
    When Jesus was on the cross bearing out sins, God had to turn away. He could not look at sin. Jesus said "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me" Jesus went through that for us. But God did not forsake him.
    I will be praying for you. That things will be better for you. If you feel that you need to take time away, take it easy. There are times when I go to pray, all I can say is "I don't understand, but Lord you know. I can't handle it anymore" Just place it in His hands.

May the gates of heaven open up for your prayers soon.

readalot
  3. cinnabarsib

cinnabarsib New Member

I remember my Grandma told me so many times people are in so much suffering emotionally or in physical pain, it is up to the ones that can to pray for them~so Georgia I will be keeping you in my prayers dear one~~~~~~~~with love,sib
  4. Freedom1

Freedom1 New Member

Georgia I know how you feel to a point. Sometimes it seems fruitless to pray anymore -- especially if we have been praying for something for a long time and it has not materialized. Then the doubts come in and we wonder have we been forsaken. It does get tiresome, and I, too, feel I rather not even keep praying/droning about it. I do, and I am sure you do too, thank God for the blessings that we have, realizing that there are folks even in worse circumstances. --- Yeah, you are right that thought lasts for a small period of time then, of course we cannot help but revert back to our own needed circumstances. Well, I have seen how you diligently pray for others and we will now pray for you. God we pray that you will renew Georgia's strength be it in health and/or in her desire to pray. God remove the 'dry spell' showing Georgia your grace and giving her the much needed answers that will remedy her situation and please give her peace of mind. Thank you God because Georgia is not alone in feeing this way. God please release and restore the hope in all of us.