tiredbutwired ? dr. lapp

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibolady, Aug 30, 2002.

1. fibolady

fibolady New Member

just finished your nice reply on dr. lapp. do you mind sharing what medications you are trying after seeing him. i understand that everyone is different, just kinda wanted to compare to what i have tried in the past. he sounds like a wonderful doctor. did you have a long wait to get an appointment with him and do you have to be referred by another doctor.

hope you are doing better and have more energy this weekend to enjoy the long weekend with your loved ones!

warm regards, fibolady
  2. fibolady

fibolady New Member

just finished your nice reply on dr. lapp. do you mind sharing what medications you are trying after seeing him. i understand that everyone is different, just kinda wanted to compare to what i have tried in the past. he sounds like a wonderful doctor. did you have a long wait to get an appointment with him and do you have to be referred by another doctor.

hope you are doing better and have more energy this weekend to enjoy the long weekend with your loved ones!

warm regards, fibolady
  3. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

I do not mind answering any questions.The first time I called I got in within 2 weeks.I just got off the phone with them and I am in for Sept 27,02 and she said she had 1 opening in November.No you do not have to be referred by another doctor.He does treat the symptoms with meds but he is very open to what you feel comfortable with if you do not want to try something he has no problem with that.Like he said they use low dose of prozac etc.for fatigue and because they found that people like us have low serotion and dorphine{SP??}10 mg. he gave me and told me to think about it it was up to me.I was not comfortable with antidepressants YET but he said they do not just use it for depression.But I am on provigil for fatigue,Beta-blocker because of tilt-test,nadh from prohealth,B-12 shots,doxycycline,nystatin,probotics,cal/mag,ambien,klonopin,multi vitiamin,vit.c and e,potassium and am trying trazadone 50mg for sleep.I do not take ambien klonopin and trazadone all together.Ambien has stopped working for me I have insomnia and can not sleep in less I take meds and I tryed EVERYTHING natural!It is to soon to say because my darn chest and the thing with my legs feeling like noodles when I try to stand.But I do love how my brain feels awake from the provigil[he gave me samples}.I use to be dead against taking meds only natural but this is where I am at right now and I feel I need to be comfortable intil I get a handle on things.I do find that the hydrtheraoy helps since we have a pool.Love,Tracey