TLC for ourselves.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gapsych, Mar 8, 2009.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I think we all have days when it feels good to do something special for ourselves. Let's start a list of what you do for yourself that makes you feel better, especially with this DD. The ideas do not have to be expensive or I would be listing a trip to California to see my daughter.

I just took a long bath in epsom salts and while I was in the tub I had my terry cloth robe warming up in the dryer. It was heaven and I felt so relaxed that I took a refreshing short nap.

I am someone who detests shopping it as it has always worn me out even before this DD and don't need to spend a lot for myself, so sometimes I go to the dollar store and and buy something for myself like some stationary or a nice a flowerpot to plant some flowers. Be careful if you buy mugs as they may contain ingredients such as lead which will leach out if microwaved. However there are other uses for them. I might buy something like some crayons for my grandaughter or thongs for wearing around the house or some slippers.

I don't do this often as it is easy to spend more money since everything is cheap and you forget that those dollars add up!!

If I go grocery shopping, I reward myself with a small chi tea latte as there is a coffe shop there.

What do you do to give yourself some TLC that is doable on our budgets?

[This Message was Edited on 03/08/2009]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Well, the first thing I do is have my secretary reserve a limo for the evening. Then I, oh wait!
    I think this is the wrong board.

Well, OK, I was listening to some new CDs this afternoon. These are live opera performances
    from the 60s and 70sd. One box; 7 operas; 14 CDs; $1.43 @.

Just suits my budget.

Chi tee latte is a drink? I thought it was a martial art.

3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Today pink nail polish, tomorrow plastic surgery. Especially, in California, LOL!!

Smiley face here.

BILLCAMO New Member

at the Full Moon that's coming on count as TLC ? ;>) LOL :>)

Blessings ,

5. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Only if you are not howling at it!!! LOL

ETA You haven't noticed more facial/body hair have you? Just checking.

gap[This Message was Edited on 03/08/2009]
  6. jole

jole Member

since my phone calls are free on weekends, I talked to two of my daughters, which always makes me feel better. I love all of my kids sooo much, just can't talk to them all at once. Will talk to the rest next weekend!

Oh Bill, it's 1 a.m., I can't sleep as usual, and was looking at how pretty the moon cursing or howling here..LOL

BILLCAMO New Member

the moon is pretty!

Some people , including myself , have experienced a large increase in pain levels during the full moon cycle. When I'm howling , it's definitely not AT the moon. ;>) LOL :>)

Fortunately , there has been NO increase in body or facial hair ! ROFL

Blessings ,

[This Message was Edited on 03/09/2009]
  8. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Well, I know this is kind of bad for you but I love to go to the tanning booth at the beginning of Spring, however, I do cover my face. I just love the heat on my body and for the 15 minutes that i am in there it is heaven. My pain goes away and it is so therapeutic, plus you get a nice bronze color for summer. LOL I wish it wasn't bad for you because I would go everyday if I could. They should make those beds without the harmfull rays in it then I would go everyday. Oh, and the cost is only $2.50 per session.

The other thing is to walk my dog, I love that time to myself just walking and looking at nature and saying hello to all my neighbors and the bonus is the exercise and my loveable Jack loves to go for walks. The cost for this is FREE.

Good Post Gapsych!!!!