TMJ and Tennis Elbow

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MJJBunny, Jul 30, 2003.

1. MJJBunny

MJJBunny New Member

For the last 4 months I have had both TMJ and what was diagnosed as tennis elbow. Of course I don't play tennis and don't remember doing anything to cause this pain. I've been wearing an elbow support for two months with no relief.

Has anyone else had these problems?
  2. averilpam

averilpam New Member

is just a convenient name as the condition is usually caused by repetetive movements of the arm/elbow.
    I have it in one arm, I believe it came on from repetetive movements at work, but has been aggravated by continuing to work, lift and carry etc.

It keeps improving then I do something to wrench it and it gets worse again! Mine only really hurts when I turn my arm in certain ways, or try to push, pull or lift. It shows no sign of going away, and I've been off work for around 8 weeks now.

I was offered steroid injections into the elbow but I don't want to do that, so I'm just living with it.
    Pam

ps I don't know anything about TMJ, sorry
  3. iconracr

iconracr New Member

I wore had "hardware" in my mouth for 8 years.

I found a good DR that helped and finally it is the least of my problems.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For years before I was diagnosed. I used to play tennis at least three times a week in my younger days and had to ice up my elbow after every game.

We are more prone to a whole bunch of associated conditions with our illnesses. Lucky us!

Love, Mikie