TMJ headaches.......HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Jan 10, 2007.

1. haven't been bothered by tmj headaches for yrs. But now my neck/shoulders , behind my ears, top of my head, sides of my head, sinus area and in front of the ear hurt so bad. It is getting ridiculous, it has been going on for a good couple wks. I dug out my nightguard and am having it checked out for proper fit today. Is this what type of pain you have when yours flares up and do you wear it mainly at night? It is affecting my whole head I swear and I feel like I am losing my mind. This is just stressing me out so much, I know its making it worse but how can you not stress out?
    I know alot of fibro patients are affected by tmj. Any advise is appreciated, I know avoid stress and eat soft foods.
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

you can wear the splint 24 7 for awhile ive been wearing mine for 3 years like this you can also do trigger point therapy and massage your face my face hurt everyday but this helps alot charlene
  3. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I also have bad TMJ - talking and chewing are even difficult at times.

But I also get the most terrible cluster headaches. They aggrivate my TMJ which makes them tremendously worse but they are not primarily due to the TMJ.

I get them in 6-8 week episodes and they come daily - completely debilitating. I take Relpax and O2 to combat them and it helps but they are relentless.

Maybe it's worth researching just to see if this fits your symptoms. Just google cluster headaches.

Blessings,

Sofi
  4. I just found out I also have a sinus infection, a double whammy, no wonder I feel horrid.
  5. jole

jole Member

Mine are like yours, but I also have terrific pain in my jaw. I have such pain opening and closing my mouth, a grinding, popping noise that can be heard across the room, and sometimes my jaw will lock.

Eating becomes so painful, and no one understands why I eat sooooo slow. The headaches, migraines, neck and shoulder pain seem to go with it, but is more tension related. As another (forgot) put it, the heat patches on my neck and shoulders seem to help as much as anything for me.