Tmj swollen aching glands anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by severina, Jun 30, 2008.

1. severina

severina New Member

I went to hospital yesterday & I have had my Tmj confirmed.
    Past 4 days Ive had such swollen sore glands under,behind my ear,back of head & neck.
    Just wondering if anyone else has tmj, has had these symptoms as well. I know it could be just a viral thing or flu coming on, but my throat isnt sore and I just feel so sore everywhere else!
  2. mrlondon

mrlondon Member

Yes, I've had this happen to me once when my TMJ was acting up. I guess it's due to the inflammation. - Mark
  3. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

I am a clencher and I do have TMJ. I'm not sure about the swollen glands but my neck and head are always sore in the back and aches where it would ache when 'normal people' have the flu.
  4. ironspine

ironspine New Member

I have had TMJ a long time-it's something some Fibro people have, too, since a major joint that is used so much..I go to my chiropractor who easily helps it. He tells me to put warm packs on the tender areas to help the swelling and tenderness. Your muscles and tissues around it can get swollen and tender if it's bad enough. Don't let any doctor tell you you need surgery-a chiropractor can help you!!!!
  5. hi all,

i still have the swollen aching jaw,and at times i get severe pain when trying to eat.

ive started to open my mouth not as wide while eating.

im also cutting food up very small.

ive found that if i talk alot,ill get the jaw pain bad.

i figure ive just got to live with this problem sadly,as i only want to take anti inflamatory pills when absolutetly desperate for pain relief.

but id like to report that since ive been washing out my nasal passages first thing in the morning,and last thing at night,ive not had the swollen aching glands in my neck and arm pitts.

i thought this was strange,and wondered what im doing to ease this problem.

all i can think of is that im keeping my sinuses from getting bunged up and infected,and in doing this, some glands in the throat are happy.

or a infection from my sinuses was living in the back of my throat,and now im washing the sinuses out,the infection in the throat has gone away.

i make a point of always breathing in through my nose,so that the bad polluted air is filtered with my nasal hairs.

then breath out through the mouth.

washing out the nasal passages keeps them unclogged of nasties.

on fibro flare up days i feel that i get a sort of inflamation in my nose,and the water doesnt pass through as it usually does.

i just keep sniffing up the water and eventually do manage to get things unclogged.

im only using cold water and a table spoon,and ill sniff the water up my nose.

it seems to be doing a very good job of keeping the nasal passages clean.and my throat isnt inflamed now.

take care all,love fran

6. floridagrl

floridagrl New Member

I go to a massage therapist who is trained in tmj treatments. The treatment will bring tears to your eyes but it works! She actually puts on surgical glove and goes into my mouth and releases the trigger points in the muscles in my jaws. My sinuses will drain as well as my estacian tubes. excuse the spelling. When you are a grinder like me your sinuses and everything swells so extreme headaches sinus pressure earaches, neck and back pain occur. She works for my chiro and is wonderful.