TNFalpha test for crohn's and other dd's,remicade,imuran

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Nov 23, 2006.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

anyone have this done or know about it?

i was considering imuran and remicade for crohns and have researched and found that test to be the protein marker to determine the severity of disease...i begged my doc to do it to assure me before i consider the meds, but he denied me...'we dont do that in the US and i have never ordered the test'...the drug remicade was made by a doc in ny when he discovered the connection...now it seems they push the drug but dont test you for the protein...when does this charade end? im a friggn guinea pig and payinng my docs to torture me...

i just wrote jordan rubin, the makers diet, to help me get well...i can not help myslef today, im so darn sick...
  2. winsomme

winsomme New Member

you might want to look into LDN. i know they did a study at Penn State and had some success in treating crohn's with LDN which is an incredible safe med.

i think one of the main websites is:

www.lowdosenaltrexone.org

let me know if you have any questions.

thanks
    bill

PS - i think you can get the TNF-alpha at most labs, but you might want to look into Immunosciences.
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

MamaDove:

I do not have a clue as to an answer to your question: I just wanted to say 'Hi'. I was wondering where you went!!!!

nyrofan
  4. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

winsomme...a BIG thankyou for the info...I am getting on it tomorrow and I am very fortunate to know a compounder...Now to find a doc to listen, I must find someone other than my gastro, he is absolutley STUCK on Imuran and Remicade and won't entertain anything else even tho its backed by facts and other medical professionals.

Nyrofan...How are you dear? I was watching the parade on tv and thinking of you...I so miss home esp. this time of year and I miss it all the more when I am sick...Hope you had a nice Turkey Day...I ate organic watermelon for dinner...tehe...Love to you and take good care of you!
  5. winsomme

winsomme New Member

there are several message boards for people who are using LDN for various diseases. you might want to check out the Yahoo groups that focus on this.

i hope it helps you. i think you need a prescription for it, and you might want to use a compounder that is specifically used to compunding LDN.

it sounds like you might already be familiar with LDN, but it might also be wise to take this in consultation with a DR. there are quite a few around that prescribe it now for different conditions.

also, i think it needs to be taken in a very specific way (dosqage, time of day, etc), but it is probably possible to link up with some people who already are using it for Crohn's.

good luck.

thanks
    bill