To Acesnanna - re use of hemorrhoid cream on rashes!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Aug 6, 2005.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

You mentioned in another post about how you use cheap hemorrhoid cream for rashes - like the rashes we develop under our breasts, etc.

I bought some but have not tried it yet, even though I have a rash.

Before I try it, I just wondered how in the world did you think of the idea of using a hemorrhoid cream to treat your rash???????!!!!!!!! LOL

It's just I can't imagine thinking of using it on a rash, but if it worked for you--I hope it will work for me!!!

Janet
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

Nanna, You know, I don't know why I didn't think of it either!!! Duh! I guess it is an anti-inflammatory cream that shrinks stuff.

My mind just plain shuts down some times!!! I draw a blank at the most logical things!!

Well, I'm trying it for sure now!! I'm not worried a bit about using it!

I will also but a gob of it on the next ingrown toenail that I have.

For everyone who mentioned the Monistat cream -- I have tried it, but it just doesn't seem to work well. These are some heavy-duty rashes that I get -- from the lupus and all the yeast rashes -- they can cover a pretty large area and I have them everywhere, sometimes not all at the same time, but they get under my arms, and under my breasts and stomach.

They are worse in the summer months, even tough I do not go out of the house much -- and our house is about 68 degrees (my hubby keeps our a/c on 68 and has fans going everywhere, too!).

I should buy stock in Johnson's & Johnson's, because I use 2 - 3 cans of their "Medicated" Baby Powder every month. It has something added to it to help on rashes -- and I think this helps keep in under control.

I put the powder on all over several times a day when I'm home. It keeps my bathroom rather "white", but I certainly do smell good all day! (I do have a little white mesh-like filter that I put over my a/c vent in the floor so it doesn't blow powder up everywhere when the vent kicks on.)

Thanks for all of the info, everyone!

Janet
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Thanks for the laugh, REUSE hemmorid cream is a real duzzy!

I think its time I go to bed, I am getting giddy..........

Shalom, Shirl
  5. tonakay

tonakay New Member

for years on my shingles.... stops the pain and itch right away.
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

Baby powder might be bad for rashes, but I HAVE to use it!!!

I put whatever type of lotion, cream, or whatever on my rashes, then a light dusting with powder. If I don't, I feel all slimey and it seems like the rash multiplies.

I have used the thick Desitin and other brands of baby diaper rash treatments, and I just feel so sticky all day. I just can't stand that feeling.

I can testify that using a deoderant or anti-perspirant under your arms when you have a rash is definitely a MISTAKE!! I had two funerals to go to last week. I currently have rashes under both arms and I am currently treating them with Lidex Gel (going to try hemm. cream now) with dusting of powder over top (NO anti-perspirant when I'm just at home or going to visit family, or even Wal-Mart!). Well, I didn't want to smell sitting close to people at the funeral, so I used a tiny spray of the anti-perspirant and WOW, by the time I got home, my arms were on fire!!! The rash was doubled in size and bright, bright RED! I'll never put it on over the rash again!!!!

And ... I just have to have that dry feeling between skin that touches!!

I wonder, since I have to have powder on, if one kind in particular is better than another?

Janet
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

I wonder if everyone knows the difference between Deoderant and Anti-Perspirant?

I think a lot of men don't!!!

Correct me if I am wrong, but:

* Deoderant is just to stop the SMELL.

* Anti-Perspirant is to stop the SMELL AND WETNESS.

I see so many men that have these wet rings under their arms and wonder if they are using an anti-perspirant.

We had this discussion at our lunch table at work one time, and one of the girls did not know the difference and said she always bought her hubby deoderant, and yes he also had wet arms! She stopped on her way home from work that night and bought him a can that said both "deoderant and anti-perspirant" and told him to start using it -- she reported back in a few days that it worked for him!!
  8. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

(re. anti-perspirant/deodorant),I have to weigh in on.

I have stopped using EITHER ONE. I seem to "sweat like a pig" on random days regardless of temperature or whether or not I've used an antipersperant OR (just) deodorant. Since it doesn't seem to matter (I sweat or don't regardless) ...I've stopped using either.

Here's the dilemma. My daughters ocassionally tell me I stink (YES, they do). However, they are both VERY sensitive to smell (and I think both have FM and/or CFS), so...I don't know WHAT THE TRUTH IS!

I DO take daily showers, and figure that's gotta be enough. I was raised by a mother who really DID smell kinda funky ... and we figured it was a sub-conscious means of subverting any romantic intentions of my dad. Also...she did NOT shower for many days between.

...So, if I stick my nose DIRECTLY under my arm, and smell a slight musky scent...it does not bother me! I'm figuring you gotta be under my arm-pit to smell it, so ...who cares!

My quesion is this: do I REALLY smell? (I'm embarassed to ask a friend). And if I DO, ...what to do? 'Cause to me, I smell the same, with or without deodorant/anti-perspirant. somedays (regardless of temperature), I really sweat, other days...nada. I figure it is due to the hormonal irregularity we all are afflicted with. Don't mind the sweat; just don't want to offend! (or maybe I do...all depends!)

posted by a maybe-stinker (I REALLY do not know!)
  9. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Preparation H worked on my vaginal itching (when nothing else did regardless of claims) because it has hydrocortizone in it. I suppose the petroleum base helps keep it from getting washed or wiped off when you go to the bathroom.

I had also heard about the under the eye thing, just not the rest.

Sonya
  10. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

As lvjesus said, the main ingredient in Preparation H is hydrocortisone, an anti-itch medicine. I copied this from information on hydrocortisone cream:

What is hydrocortisone topical?

Hydrocortisone is a topical steroid. It reduces or inhibits the actions of chemicals in the body that cause inflammation, redness, and swelling.

Hydrocortisone is used to treat inflammation caused by a number of conditions such as allergic reactions, eczema, and psoriasis.