To All A new pic of my girls in their new toyupdate on dog pack

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Sep 5, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Here are my girls today after their walk/ride. I get out and walk too but not as much, still have too many things to get done.

There is a road about 2 miles from me that runs along the top of a ridge. Has beautiful views, I can't wait until fall. I watched the sunset tonight over the mountains.

The dog pack has been resolved but not without incident. The previous days I took a stick and banged on the cart and they backed off. So cool, then Mon we went our usual way, this house sits at the bottom of a very steep hill from the road down to the house.I saw them on the back deck so they came running then one popped up out of nowhere and ran in front of me and I rode over him front and back wheels. I did stop and turned around he was half way back down the hill like a bat out of hell.

There were people there and I did stop but their dogs were barking so much, it was hard but he was standing beside the woman and she looked at him and said he seemed fine. SO I went on my way. Still just felt so bad , he is a beautiful tan/cream husky with big blue eyes. The first time I went there alone in my car, he was the one that came up and let me pet him. then I tried the girls one at a time and no problems. He wasn't mean, just wanted in on the fun.

Today I only saw 2 dogs the big one, I think he is the scardey cat and the little one I like. The other guy might be sore and decided chasen cars and such aren't a good idea.

We went out twice today, around noon, then about 2 hours this evening just as it turned dark. I may need headlights,lol.

This is the best investment I have made in my dogs and me. They are both high energy and I can't give them the real exercise they need. I will still walk but will ride more for a while.

I am a dog whisperer beleiver, I watch him all the time and he makes it so easy. I have had my challenges as I am assertive but the calm needs a little work,hehe. They really do feed off of our engery. And they know when your faking. SO it has been beneficial for all of us. I have learned to be more calm and they are listening better.

I am so glad I am doing this several weeks before my surgery so I will have all the kinks and problems worked out. Missy today, after her run was sitting in the seat, she leans over to let the wind hit her face and I saw her looking down and I was like no she is not thinking -then she jumped. I slammed on the breaks and she is ok. DOgs must be made of rubber. I leave them tied to the cart at all times. They have stil enough to get them when I want them when they are walking. It is a wonder it didn't break her neck. Then poor Twy got knocked off the seat onto the floor.

But all are fine and she even walked more after that. I had to make both of them stop.They can't get enough of it. Silly girls. Well I guess I have rambled on enough, but I am so happy that this is working, I needed to get a handle on them before I have my surgery. Thanks all your caring and advice about my girls-Carla
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

oh yeah, I have been in a flair for 2 days, I cancelled the appt with mom's Dr, she is improving and I have to go into town for a CT scan tomorrow, so will see her then.

I do love my cart and am having fun. There are going to be problems but it is worth it. I can a see a big difference in them. We came up on a couple that was walking thier german shepherd off lease and we were being followed by a big boxer but they kept their cool with my reasurrace. The couple said the boxer was freindly.

Well I am off to bed, it did feel good to stay home today and not do much, we need that everynow and then

How's the puppies? Later-CArla
  3. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Your dogs like to ride your cart too! I have an electric mobility scooter. My son's minature schnauzer LOVES to ride on the foot rest of the scooter. I also worry about her jumping off. She also loves to have the wind blowing in her face as we are zooming down the street. My neighbors laugh and ask me if she ever actually WALKS instead of riding!

She walks on certain streets, but wants to ride after I've picked up my mail at the cluster boxes located about 1 1/2 blocks from my home.

You have two beautiful dogs.

Sorry to hear about your "incident " with the neighbor's dog.
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

The girls look healthy and happy. Are you training them to drive so they can take over while you are recuperating?

5. sisland

sisland New Member

I Love Hearing your adventures with the Girls and all the neighborhood Dogs and the Golf Cart rides! I would love to have one of thoes! Thanks for sharing!,,,,,,Sis
  6. laceymae

laceymae New Member

love the ride...made me think of the show"Pimp my ride"

What breed is the solid white one? She looks just like my white shepard Bubba.

Also, where is the view In the background? I think u said u where in Greenup Co? I call this "God's country"

[This Message was Edited on 09/06/2007]
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

For some of us it doesn't take much to please us and my girls drive me mad at times but they are my reason to get up everyday.

This has been so much fun for me, I had to share it. Joy I bet your ready to pimp out your scooter now,lol. It is so beautiful up here, I will post more pics later.

The girls love running I have a hard time keeping up with them going up hill,lol. But I do make them walk "easy" so when I do walk them they don't expect me to go as fast as the cart!

Lacey I live in Boyd Co and I had no idea how much of this area out here is undeveloped. Yes, Greenup has a lot of beautiful land too.

I wish I could teach them to drive it but they like racing it instead,lol- Me -I love going down the big hills, so if you ever read about a freak accident with a woman, 2 dogs and a golf cart you will know it's me,hehe.

Oh Missy the white one is- daddy black lab- mother collie mix, She was the only white one in the litter of 7. She is something else, lots of spunk,lol.

Thanks again for looking-Carla
  8. mezombie

mezombie Member

Gee, what lucky dogs! Can I ride with you? I promise to behave!
  9. ckball

ckball New Member

you can come ride with me anytime- as long as you like fast! Well only going down the hills that is,lol. Sorta like a old rollar coaster- chug, chug, chug ten off you go.