To all Arizona members: looking for

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Babs41, May 21, 2008.

1. Babs41

Babs41 New Member

good CFS/fibro doctor and family doctor recommendations. We are moving to Safford the end of June so the CFS/fibro doc could be anywhere between Safford, Tuscon and Phoenix.

I am currently seeing a doc at an FFC. There is one in Las Vegas but that is just a bit far for me. All help will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your replies!!!

[This Message was Edited on 05/22/2008]
  2. TropicalGirl

TropicalGirl New Member

Hi Babs!

I noticed that no one has responded yet to your post, and I didn't want you to feel like we were ignoring you, but I know that most of us, like myself, live closer to Phoenix/Glendale area and our Dr.s are not in the area that you are searching for.

I am sorry that I can't help you with mine...maybe someone that lives closer to Safford will pop-up soon for you!

Take care!

Tropical Girl
  3. Babs41

Babs41 New Member

thanks for thinking of me. Phoenix area is ok for a doc as I don't mind the drive. So, if you have a really good doc that you know of to treat CFS/fibro, I'd much appreciate it:)) Tuscon is good also!

[This Message was Edited on 05/23/2008]
  4. yuckie

yuckie New Member

Hi Babs,

I see Dr. Caldron for ME/FMS. I've referred others to him and some love him others have been frustrated by him. Interestingly, he's extremely compassionate, wise and supportive of me but frustrated my friend with Lupus because he questioned her diagnosis. Anyway, if you are ok with driving as you've mentioned you are, I would recommend him. I have family in the Wilcox, Safford, Bowie area but most of them drive to Tucson Medical or into Phoenix for their healthcare.

Dr. Caldron is at 1500 S. Dobson Rd, Ste. 202
    Mesa, Az 85202 and his number is 480-834-5200.

Hope this helps. Good luck. Janice
  5. Babs41

Babs41 New Member

Thanks for the recommendation. What a great help. I will check him out. May I ask what type of treatments he has done with you?

6. kking0412

kking0412 New Member

I am going to need drs in the Laughlin Nv/Bullhead City AZ area...I did find an infectious disease guy with a practice on the AZ side. worse comes to worse. Vegas is not that far...
  7. yuckie

yuckie New Member

He is interested in the whole person so he has provided pain management as well as suggested specific activity to combat deconditioning. He is very careful regarding post exertional fatigue concerns and supports my understanding of my body and my needs. We were going to try Lyrica but I've put that on hold for now. He is the doctor that runs regular blood test but he only does standard test not those targeted more towards ME. Even when he diagnosed me it was done through history, symptoms and exclusion. Honestly, my main doc is Dr. Fanto and he is my pain management doctor. I see him every month. Dr. Caldron I see about every 4-5 months. I've not found one doctor that can meet all my needs so a team works better for me. Best of luck in your search. Janice
  8. Babs41

Babs41 New Member

thanks for the summary about your doc. I will check him out when I get there.