To All Canadians: I need your help please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by valleyann, Jul 11, 2006.

1. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Hello,

I have heard from several people in the States that legally they can request and be given a copy of test results from their doctors.

Is this the same in Canada? I've never received a copy of my test results, but would like to start keeping track of them more closely.

Thanks!
    Val
  2. caffey

caffey New Member

I'm from Canada. You are entitled to look at your chart at any time. You are also entitled to a copy of your chart. There is a fee for this usually about .25 a page. If you just want one page they may do it for free or when you are in just ask him to show it to you and write down the results. They usually don't automatically give you a copy. Oh yeah you will probably have to sign a release for it.
    Cath
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

That is certainly true Val. I have many times asked for copies of test results and have had no problems getting them. The chart is yours and you are entitled to see what is in it. Sometimes, you may need to have things interpreted for you.

I think it's a good idea to keep track of such things.

Kathy.
  4. maps

maps New Member

I was at my dr's just yesterday and asked for a copy of my last test results. I have never had a problem. I use them to send to my insurance but it is also good to look over them yourself.

Yesterday's tests were done in may, bloodwork and testing for mycoplasma which we have been treating for the last three years.

The last time I went they had the bloodwork results that showed my body fighting infection, which we both assummed was the mycoplasma which results were not in at that time.

Yesterday the mycoplasma infection was negative. When I looked at both tests done at same time I am now wondering what my body was fighting and if I still have it. The doc missed the connection yesterday as she had gone over the blood tests on my next visit.

So it is always good to check for yourself, just in case.

regards
    maps
  5. valleyann

valleyann New Member

Thank you my fellow Canadians!

I will definetly ask for a copy of my test results when I go to the Hepatologist next week. I figure better safe than sorry...

Val