To All,& FFC People, concerning Pain Meds......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by laura81655, Oct 19, 2005.

1. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Dear Friends : I was wondering if any of you out there are getting some type of Narcotic for your pain?
    I have an FFC appointment tomorrow and I'd like to ask for someting to take on the days the pain is high. I haven't been able to get anything like this from any doctors.
    What do you think? Thanks, -Laura
  2. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Yes, definitely. I had them refill the hydrocodone I was taking previously with no problem. Then, when I was having worse pain and the hydroc wouldn't touch it, they prescribed oxycodone. I called and they wrote the script, but I had to go get it. Just ask! Good luck!

Francie
  3. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

My pain was addressed at the first appointment. She prescribed oxycodone and asks about my pain everytime I talk to her.
    I cut off pieces because one gets me zigging!! and they are the lowest dose.

I've tried ultram and that helped a bit but honestly don't find pain meds help me much. The magic bag and hot tub works the best for me.

But do ask for a pain med and give it a try. They will write you up a script. Might bring you some relief.

Cindy

4. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

What is the magic bag?

Katy
  5. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

My magic bag is the oat bag you warm up in the microwave. Can purchase at Walmart.

cindy
  6. lea

lea Member

can I find the magic item?
    thank you
    best,
    lea
    [This Message was Edited on 10/21/2005]
  7. dafoefan

dafoefan New Member

You take some fabric and make a little pillow filled with rice or use a tube sock, knotted at the end. Just plain ol' rice freezes and heats well. You can add fresh lavender or any aromatherapy that you like, as well. I don't know if the "magic pillow" recommended is exactly like that, but I have made my own and they stay in the freezer all the time, and if I want it hot I just put it into the microwave.

HTH, Lisa