TO ALL === How To Report Inappropriate Messages or Posts

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by S-Elaine, Oct 6, 2008.

1. S-Elaine

S-Elaine Member

Hi all,

I felt it might be helpful to mention how to report a post you believe is "inappropriate".

The best thing to do is to inform ProHealth directly and let them investigate and / or resolve the matter.

Some messages those may feel are inappropriate, may not be so once ProHealth has a chance to review them.

These are the ways to contact ProHealth.

=== There is either an “ALERT” button or “REPORT AS INAPPROPRIATE POST” button. Click on either of those.

=== At the bottom of our screens there is a link for “EMAIL US” or “CONTACT US”. If you click on that link, from that menu you can pull down any option and send a message to ProHealth.

I’d suggest when doing this, you quickly copy in the “inappropriate” post to the message, because the poster could quickly go back in and DELETE the post.

=== From your own, personal registered email address you have with ProHealth, send them an email asking them to review the post you are reporting. Again, I suggest to include just the original post.

With that information, ProHealth will be able to see the USERNAME, the DATE the message was written and the POST.

To email ProHealth directly, you can use this address ------

ProHealth will handle the posts as they deem necessary.

Hoping this post will help in moving forward.

== Elaine

[This Message was Edited on 10/06/2008]

2. S-Elaine

S-Elaine Member

Please read these instructions on how to handle messages you are unsure are appropriate, versus inappropriate.

== Elaine
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Thanks so much for the information and gentle reminder.

I am sure there are new people on the board who may not know this and for us "oldies" it never hurts to hear it again.

TAke care.

[This Message was Edited on 10/08/2008]
  4. S-Elaine

S-Elaine Member

Hi all,

I have learned from trial and error myself.

None of us want to log on to the Message Boards and find a “battle ground”, negativity, or posts that take a turn towards becoming inflammatory.

It is best to report the “post in question” and leave the matter in ProHealth’s hands.

Less STRESS all the way around not just for those who are posting, yet those who read messages and do not reply.

Please keep in mind there are many people who see these messages, and it can be very upsetting.

Yes, at times it is hard to ignore remarks that are made which are hurtful or mean-spirited.

However, it is not our place to use the Message Boards to bicker back and forth or in a way that is against the rules of the Message Board.

Also, I believe we all have our days where we are not feeling well or are very foggy headed and we MIS-READ something that was written. I know I have, and then the next day I realize no harm was done.

We cannot expect the Moderators or ProHealth staff members to be on top of every message that is posted.

By simply reporting the message you are questioning directly to ProHealth, removes STRESS from the equation.

ProHealth may issue a warning, monitor messages by a specific poster or remove a member if need be.

Let them handle the matter in a confidential manner & they can do it QUICKLY as well.

Hopefully, in moving forward, this will be a healthier approach.

Take care,
    == Elaine