To All : More Prayer Help For Worship Board

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by windblade, Aug 4, 2008.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi my spiritual family,

I just spoke to a precious friend of mine - we have been friends for over 35 years. She is a nun from a wonderful convent who pray, and are active in caring for all the needs in their neighborhoods.

Her name is Sister Carole Marie, and she is the Mother Superior there now. I called her for prayer for myself, and was inspired to ask if she could ask the Sisters to pray for our entire Worship Board.

I've told her many times how important everyone here is to me.

She gave a great big enthusiastic YES, that they would be glad to pray for us.

And that she would be speaking to the nuns that night, telling them about us, the illnesses we have, our praying for everyone. All about the Worship Group.

One of the sisters - another dear friend of mine has CFS/Fibro, so they are well aware of it.

They are great prayer warriors - deeply compassionate, with great empathy, and great dedication and fortitude in prayer.

They've all gathered me under their wings for all these decades, and I'm not even Catholic. :)

So, now we as a group are gathered under their loving wings.

Everyone here has been suffering so much, as well as lovingly and faithfully praying for all. I feel we need a boost, and believe that good things will happen as our prayers are fortified by theirs.

I told her how compassionate, and deeply loving everyone here is. I am so thankful to be a part of this fellowship!
    To encounter so many loving hearts, and to feel safe to reach out here for help.

May God bless each of you, caring for all your needs.

Love, Judy

[This Message was Edited on 08/10/2008]
  2. Sweetpotatoe

Sweetpotatoe New Member

I know for sure the prayers were answered for me last week, thanks to prayer from these Holy women of God.

What a Blessing to be covered by prayer but Gods servants. My kids go to a Catholic school, although we are not Catholic and I always feel peace when I worship at one of their services or litergy's.

The father is so kind, I serve him alot at my work, he always greets me by name. One time at a school service, as always they had communion and invited people to come forward, Catholics were allowed to have the bread and put out their hand and non catholics were allowed to have a Blessing by the Father, by crossing your arms as you reach him. I really wanted the bread so I put out my hand, for the bread I felt so guilty... I just wanted the highest Blessing and the Body of Christ! I hope thats not a sin.

Thankyou Sisters for praying for us.

3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Tig, I'm so glad that you have a beautiful, tranquil chapel to visit. And thank you for all your loving words!

Cindy, And I'm glad that you have a place to experience peace and worship. And a safe place for your children to go to school.

About the receiving of Communion, or the Eucharist, the Body and Blood of Christ - I've been wondering myself if all the Catholic churches have the same or different views.

Littleblue - I surely will thank the Sisters. They are so wonderful to talk to. They can go to the farthest depths of your suffering, and yet so many times I'm laughing my head off in our conversations.

They are really rare!

Love yuz,
    Judy
  4. kbak

kbak Member

WOW! Thanks so much! That's wonderful.

kbak