To all of us waiting for SSDI or those who have gotten it...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Jun 15, 2006.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

What was the first thing you did or plan to do when you get your money.

After I pay my bills, I want to go for a spa pampering trip.

What else do you guys dream of?
  2. kalina

kalina New Member

I've been waiting for SSDI approval for 2 years, and have racked up quite a credit card balance paying for medical treatment! After paying off those bills, I will need what's left to stay out of debt while still paying for treatment.

But what I dream of is to have enough for my husband and I to get away to a luxury hotel/spa for our 25th wedding anniversary next June. We can all dream, right?

Kalina
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

account to bring us back to where we were before i could no longer work.

although I am greatful for it, it is a small amount as I was in retail and didn't make much to begin with. So we are not ahead but not as much behind.

A nice dinner out is about all we are going to do.:)

Best wishes,

Claudia
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

My checkarrived in a timely fashion immediately before the Holidays last year. I availed myself of the opportunity to visit an "old"(I mean long time former) girlfriend out of Town!! I visited my daughter, "wife" and her husband for a couple of days at Thanksgiving. Ain't life interesting??
    Came home exhausted but enjoyed the trip very much. Haven't done alot since but hope to if I feel well enough.

MRDAD
  5. Scarlett65

Scarlett65 New Member

Just pay the bills that have been piling up and have some peace of mind knowing they are paid will be nice.

Knowing the bills will be paid for our day to day life will be nice too but who knows when that will happen.
  6. mistress-o-pain

mistress-o-pain New Member

OMG! I haven't had a new pair of shoes in over three years. I am not joking, the sides are busted out. So, the one thing I want for me is a new pair of tennis shoes. Oh, and I think some new bras. Oh, and underwear. And then there is the hair issue.... Shew!
    But, of course, all bills must be paid first.
    MOP