To all Oxy users........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kadywill, Nov 20, 2002.

1. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Day #3 of taking Oxycontin and I feel great, but I can't go to sleep. If I do, I can't STAY asleep.This started when I got the Rx. Do any of you have this? Will it go away? Mind you, now that I'm at home, the insomnia isn't as much of a problem for me, but I had been doing better till I started taking this. Make no mistake, I will NOT stop taking it if I never close my eyes again; it is just so nice to feel energetic and pain-free!
    Any advice???
  2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Day #3 of taking Oxycontin and I feel great, but I can't go to sleep. If I do, I can't STAY asleep.This started when I got the Rx. Do any of you have this? Will it go away? Mind you, now that I'm at home, the insomnia isn't as much of a problem for me, but I had been doing better till I started taking this. Make no mistake, I will NOT stop taking it if I never close my eyes again; it is just so nice to feel energetic and pain-free!
    Any advice???
  3. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

I cannot take Oxy near bedtime or I just can't sleep.I actually get a rapid heartbeat occasionally with this med...probably just anxiety. Anyway, I have learned to NOT use oxy at bedtime.

Take care,
    Susan
  4. Annie67

Annie67 New Member

I have been reading alot about the use of oxycontin, and what I am hearing is that it is becoming the most effective drug to manage the pain of fibro. I am on vicodin 4 times a day, and with an old, conservative doctor, I am afraid to tell him that most of the time it doesn't do much to touch the pain. I am also not in the frame of mind to advance to a stronger painkiller, but I cannot function. I keep pushing myself every day, in hopes that one day I'll wake up and feel normal. My doctor has said on numerous occasions that I am one of his smartest patients ever, so how do you approach someone like that?
  5. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

biggest thing is keeping a schedule. go to bed about the same time every night and wake up at the same time every morning. Like others have said the bowels are a big thing with oxy-it will back you up badly if you let it.

I take trazadone for sleep and have on/off for years now. I also have tried hot bath before bed. I do not stay in the bed if I am awake. I will get up and do something and lay back down when tired.

If the problem continues contact your doctor he may be able to perscribe something for you to get you in a normal sleep cycle.

Good luck
    fellow oxy user cathy
  6. kadywill

kadywill New Member

too late!!!!!!! Went over a week and could not deliver the child at all!!!!!lol First enema of my entire life! ever heard of a HHH enema?????~~~HATED IT!!! I've been taking two PeriColace bid.........I couldn't drink MOM to save my life....really weak, funny stomach. No liquid meds can I swallow without barfing!!! I think the Vicodin prior to the Oxy really killed an already existing problem and it cannot happen again. This is a problem even though I walk a lot each and every day and I drink a gallon of water every day~~I'd hate to see what I'd be like if I didn't~~~

Love,
    Kady
  7. kadywill

kadywill New Member

the following meds at bedtime: two Soma,Oxy,Black Cohosh, Milk Thistle, Lescol XL and Ultram. I was sleeping well prior to the Oxy (and this is the only change I have made) for the first time in my adult life. There has been no schedule changes and I have a VERY soothing, wind-down, bedtime routine along with my wonderful E. S. bath and reading. Has to be the Oxy....can be nothing else. In spite of this and the constipation which is really a fecal impaction, I have 100% pain relief and I ain't gonna stop taking it!!
    Love,
    Kady

[ advertisement ]