to all suffers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cherokeeemoon, Jul 7, 2006.

1. cherokeeemoon

cherokeeemoon New Member

to everyone out there i wish you guys a good morning and a great day... i still have not slept it is already 5:54 am so i guess my sleep time is over. i wanted to ask a question pls within the next twoweeks i need cervicalsurgery and iam a little afaid anybody have anything like this i would appreciate a reply tys moon
    [This Message was Edited on 07/08/2006]
  2. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

Moon,
    Just a suggestion, but you might change the title of the post to "has anyone had cervical surgery?" or something like that. The title of post catches someone's eye quicker that way, especially if it is a bit more specific to the topic you are looking for.

I'm sorry that I, personally, can be of no help, but I know that there are others here that have had this procedure. I have a friend here on the board that I believe has had this and is going to have another, so I'll email her and ask her to hook up with you on this post too. She just had a very painful discectomy yesterday, so I'm not sure if she'll be up to it just yet, but I'll check

Just offering a thought about changing the title of the post. I just can't stand to see people in need and searching for answers without getting the responses they need and thought maybe this might help.
    ((((hugs))))
    MrsJ
  3. TAM

TAM New Member

HI MOON,
    I WISH YOU A GOOD MORNING AND A GREAT DAY ALSO.
    I'M SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU HAVE TO HAVE SURGERY, AND ITS NORMAL TO BE AFRAID 11 YRS AGO WHEN I WAS 22 I HAD GALLBLADDER SURGERY AND I WAS AFRAID ALSO.

I NEVER HAD TO HAVE CERVICAL SURGERY THOUGH SO I CAN'T PERSONALLY TELL YOU BUT MY SISTER HAD IT AND I WAS RIGHT THERE FOR HER DURING IT ALL. AND IT WAS GOOD EVERYTHING TURNED OUT WELL SO I KNOW IT WILL FOR YOU TOO. I MEAN OF COARSE THERE IS SOME PAIN AFTER THE SURGERY BUT THATS TO BE EXPECTED.

I HAD LOTS OF PAIN AFTER MY GALLBLADDER SURGERY BECAUSE THEY HAD TO DO A LARGE INCISION BECAUSE I HAD SO MANY LOSE STONES I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR 8 DAYS. BUT EVERYTHING TURNED OUT GOOD.

THERES NOTHING TO BE AFRAID OF HON YOU'LL DO GREAT.
    BUT ITS NEAR IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO BE AFRAID AND NERVEOUS I KNOW. MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS WILL BE WITH YOU. YOU TAKE CARE SWEETIE AND PLEASE AFTER YOU HEAL FROM THE SURGERY AND FEEL WELL ENOUGH TO GET ON THE COMPUTER PLEASE LET US KNOW HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT.

GOOD LUCK, TAKE CARE.
    TAMMY
  4. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

I've had several surgeries including some "down there". If you trust your surgeon, then you will be just fine. No surgery is fun, don't get me wrong.

Sure, this must be a worry for you. That's so very normal. But, do expect a longer recouperation time. Unfortunately for us with this DD, this is a common occurrence. So, don't be alarmed.

I truly hope all goes well...
  5. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Hi Cherokee!
    Good morning! A friend of mine on this board, Mrs. Jethro, e-mailed me this morning about your post and thought that maybe I could help you with your concerns about cervical surgery. I hope so cause I've had one cervical surgery, in 2002 and am getting ready to have another one in the next month or so.

Mrs. Jethro said in her reply that I had a discectomy yesterday but actually it was a discogram. I had an MRI a few weeks ago and it showed bone spurs and another herniation on one disc and a small bulge on another. Soooooo I had the discogram to see where the pain was the worst and it was the one with the herniation below where I had my previous discectomy and fusion back in 2002. The discogram is very important as it shows how bad the pain is and if it's bad enough to require surgery. Some people can have a herniated disc or other problems and don't always need surgery and respond to physical therapy and strenghtening to the neck and shoulders if your pain is there as well. It's always good to have a second opinion if you can avoid surgery but I'm guessing that your pain level is pretty bad or you would'nt be even considering surgery!

I'ts always scary to think about having surgery, esp. on the spine and I felt the same before I had mine. Well, the 1st surgery was a success and I felt relief almost immediately. The recovery was also pretty fast and I was back at work in 3 weeks! The chances of having another one years later are always there esp., with the disc below because in time it can put a lot of pressure and for me I developed bone spurs which are quite common in my family. I also had rotater cuff repair and bone spur removal on my shoulder in 2002. I now have bursistis there and am having physical therapy for that but was told that some of the pain is also coming from my neck and will improve a lot after my next surgery.

The good news is that at least you know it can be cured and it's not the fibro so your pain levels should go down quite a bit. One of the problems with fibro is that if you have an area that requires surgery, the pain is always worse until you take care of that issue.

Can you tell me a little bit about what kind of cervical surgery you are having, maybe I could better understand and give better advice as to what you're dealing with.

I hope you finally got some sleep this morning and are feeling better! I'll try and come back on later this afternoon to check your post.

Soft fibro-hugs, Julie
  6. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

7. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Hey Cherokee,

Just wondering if all is well with you cause I have'nt seen you back on the posts since you sent yours yesterday. Just checkin!

Hugs, Julie
  8. twitcher

twitcher New Member

Yes. I had it last Aug. and it was the cause of my current problems. I've never been right since. The only reason I had it was because I had trouble walking and they told me it was from the disc pushing on my spinal cord. If it was just for pain, no way would I have done it. It set of my current problems like a wild fire. I've never recovered.