To ALL the wonderful new newbies out there!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tedebear, Nov 4, 2002.

1. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Welcome to the BEST daugon site you'll ever visit!
    Glad to see there are a lot of us out there.
    Hang tough. Very soft hugs.
    P.S.
    Tell us a little about yourself, drugs you take, treatments you use and what you think works best for you.
  2. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Welcome to the BEST daugon site you'll ever visit!
    Glad to see there are a lot of us out there.
    Hang tough. Very soft hugs.
    P.S.
    Tell us a little about yourself, drugs you take, treatments you use and what you think works best for you.
  3. Mom3

Mom3 New Member

Hi everyone, I think this site is great, everyone is so quick on giving advice. I have not been able to read all the posts yet, (been having some bad flare ups) but i will. I got my fibromyalgia from a car accident, whiplash 2 years ago, and just recently went back to work on accommodation 4 hours a day. I now learned what migraines are about never used to have them and dealing with fatigueness. I am from Toronto and went to see a rhuemy who confirmed fibro and myofacial syndrome and said there was no mircle drug that I need to keep some stretching and excercise as part of my routine and to pace myself. Well that's hard to manage with 3 kids and work. I used to be able to multi task and work full time and cook gourmet dinners. Now it's either dinner or laundry, or a clean house or work. I hate not being in control of my life anymore, I have had to learn to think differently, when being a type A personality it'sa very difficult thing to do.
    Thanks for such a great board, any advise is definately welcomed. Mom3
  4. WorldFalls

WorldFalls New Member

Hi, I agree, it's a great site. I've learned SO much! It's hard for me to pin point when I developed fibro. I was in major car crashes in 1986, 1993, 1996, and 1998. The last one was by far the worst. When the impact happened, I felt like I was a piece of glass that was slammed against the wall and shattered in a million parts. I couldn't even hold my neck up. It was terrible. The first crash wasn't too bad, but the second one was a bit rough. I had to do physical therapy, but I think I recovered well enough from it. After the third crash, I had a lot of pain, and I don't think I have ever recovered from it. I was also in a very abusive relationship (I've been away from that for three years now). I sustained many neck injuries in that relatoinship, which I believe added to me getting fibro. I think the fourth accident was pretty much it. I haven't been the same since. The doctors kept telling me I had a closed head injury, but I didn't hit my head. I started experiencing the fibrofog really bad. I spent four years being told to be patient and I'd get better. Finally, two weeks ago, I went to a doctor and was told that I have fibromyalgia. No kidding. I kind of figured that out on my own! But it feels good to finally be validated.

The drugs I take are mostly for allergies and asthma. I find Singulair to be a frickin' wonder drug. It helps the asthma, the rhinitis, and OMG, I've been sleeping like a baby...first time in my adult life! It's only been two weeks, and I'm hoping this will last! I also take dexedrine for the "closed head injury"/fibrofog. I find that it helps my clear the cobwebs and study pretty well. I also take vicodin as needed for the pain. Lately, that's been kind of a lot.

Thanks for starting this thread. I've really enjoyed this board and feel less alone since I've been coming here.
  5. angelgirl56

angelgirl56 New Member

Thanks for the welcome and soft hugs. Sending you hugs too. This site is a miracle to me. I don't always reply, but I get so much out of reading everyone else's posts that I never feel I am suffering alone.
    Family (back in Illinois, I am in CA) have said that I should just force myself to get up, dressed and go out and meet friends. I have a wonderful set of friends dating back 40 years. I don't feel that I need physical friends, meaning ones I go to the mall with, or just chat with on the phone everyday. It is too hard to do that. I cannot ever plan ahead for a get together, because I never know how I will feel each day. How can you develop good new friends that way?
    So this site gives me friends that I know understand me and I don't have to get into my car to visit. It is great!!
    I also have vertigo and sudden loss of balance, and ringing in my ears. This makes it hard to even walk my dog to meet neighbors. You all are great and I just wanted to say thank you so much for being here!