To All Who Responded to the Moving Situation.....and MAJIC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dd, Nov 18, 2002.

1. dd

dd New Member

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. I really needed it. That is what this board is all about...support for one another and to lean on when things get rough. (((HUGS))) to all.

I need to explain a few things further since so many advised me that I should avoid putting myself in situations such as the one that I did this weekend. Magic....this is going to be more depressing than the first post so as you said before you can't take the depressing atmosphere here lately...don't read any further.....I don't need another cold hearted statement....

One of the main reasons that I went with my husband on moving day was because I could not stand to be at home by myself that day. I had just gone thru a very stressful week and was actually afraid to be by myself. My 14 year old son told me last week that he wanted to commit suicide. I spent all of last week getting him professional help and speaking to his school counselors. This has been very emotional for him and for all involved. On top of that my best friend's brother did commit suicide last Tuesday. My son is now in counceling and on medication and I am praying that he comes out of this depression soon for his sake.

On Saturday my son went to his father's house. There was going to be no one home and I NEEDED to be with people on that day. I was a basket case to say the least. My husband was going to cancel going to his Mom's house to be home with me because he knew that I needed him. I also knew that his mother needed him too so I decided to go with him so that he could still help her out.

I really did not think that there would be too much to do since my MIL had hired professional movers and I was told that most of the boxes had already been moved and unpacked. So, I did not feel that there would be that much pressure on me to help lift heavy boxes or move furniture, after all that is what the professional were hired to do. I knew that there would be some things left to do but did not expect my MIL to not let the movers do their job which they were hired to do. Instead she wanted the family to move the furniture and boxes around. The movers were originally supposed to set everything back up and put the beds and tables back together. She told them to leave after they had unloaded the furniture.

I am mostly homebound and isolated from my friends and family because of the CFS and FM. I rarely even go shopping because it wares me out for days later. I usually do not put myself in situations that are stressful or strenuous and I may have been naive this weekend but I did not think that I would get the pressure and the comments that I did.

Thanks again to all of you kind hearted souls. Please pray for my son.

Love to all,

Debbie

[This Message was Edited on 11/19/2002]
  2. dd

dd New Member

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. I really needed it. That is what this board is all about...support for one another and to lean on when things get rough. (((HUGS))) to all.

I need to explain a few things further since so many advised me that I should avoid putting myself in situations such as the one that I did this weekend. Magic....this is going to be more depressing than the first post so as you said before you can't take the depressing atmosphere here lately...don't read any further.....I don't need another cold hearted statement....

One of the main reasons that I went with my husband on moving day was because I could not stand to be at home by myself that day. I had just gone thru a very stressful week and was actually afraid to be by myself. My 14 year old son told me last week that he wanted to commit suicide. I spent all of last week getting him professional help and speaking to his school counselors. This has been very emotional for him and for all involved. On top of that my best friend's brother did commit suicide last Tuesday. My son is now in counceling and on medication and I am praying that he comes out of this depression soon for his sake.

On Saturday my son went to his father's house. There was going to be no one home and I NEEDED to be with people on that day. I was a basket case to say the least. My husband was going to cancel going to his Mom's house to be home with me because he knew that I needed him. I also knew that his mother needed him too so I decided to go with him so that he could still help her out.

I really did not think that there would be too much to do since my MIL had hired professional movers and I was told that most of the boxes had already been moved and unpacked. So, I did not feel that there would be that much pressure on me to help lift heavy boxes or move furniture, after all that is what the professional were hired to do. I knew that there would be some things left to do but did not expect my MIL to not let the movers do their job which they were hired to do. Instead she wanted the family to move the furniture and boxes around. The movers were originally supposed to set everything back up and put the beds and tables back together. She told them to leave after they had unloaded the furniture.

I am mostly homebound and isolated from my friends and family because of the CFS and FM. I rarely even go shopping because it wares me out for days later. I usually do not put myself in situations that are stressful or strenuous and I may have been naive this weekend but I did not think that I would get the pressure and the comments that I did.

Thanks again to all of you kind hearted souls. Please pray for my son.

Love to all,

Debbie

[This Message was Edited on 11/19/2002]
  3. dd

dd New Member

My intentions were not to offend anyone for their responses. I just felt that I needed to explain a little further.

Peace,

Debbie
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I missed your original post, have been mostly off the board yesterday and today.

I will be praying for you son, that is tremendously stressful for you.

Its great that you got help quickly, I would have done the same thing.

You take care, and keep us updated on your sons progress.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

I appreciate your taking the time to explain your week. No wonder you went along. I would have too. I agree about the MIL letting the movers do their jobs, but I never did get along with mine and don't miss that part of my life at all! I'm divorced.

I'm sorry to hear about your son. I know how difficult that is. My 23 year old son has mental health issues and has been hospitalized for them three times and is currently in an outpaitent treatment program while awating a court date for things he did when he was psychotic, after we had tried unsuccessfully to get him admitted to the hospital.

I do hope you and he have the kind of relationship where he feels comfortable opening up to you. I am so thankful that all my kids can talk to me about anything and everything.

It is especially encouraging that my 23 year old and I have become very close during the times he has lived with me the past two years. We talk about just about everything and his dad has no clue what's going on, even though he sees him regularly.

I hope your son is able to find the right help he needs for his depression. Take care of yourself now, so you can be there for him when he needs it.

Barbara
  6. dd

dd New Member

Thank you for your concern for my son. This has been very difficult.

Sunny, I would love to email you. If you are uncomfortable about leaving your email on the board, my email is in my bio...Yes, I was surprised that he came to me also but so thankful. We have always been close and open with each other. I am surprised that I didn't see the signs before he told me. I just thought that he was going thru a normal teenage withdrawal....in his room most of the time and very quiet.

Shirl - Please do pray for him. I do believe in the power of prayer. I appreciate it and am sending (((HUGS))) your way.

Barbara - I am so sorry about your son. I am glad that you have a good relationship with your son...that is so important. I would love to talk further with you since you have been thru this. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your son. Mental illness is so hard to handle especially when it affects your child. As parents, we would give anything for our children to not have to have this....our children are our lives and the love for a child is stronger than any other bond. Take care Barb.

Peace to all,

Debbie
  7. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

you and your family are in my prayers, I guess all I can say is try not to look at tomorrow, just deal with each day as it comes, it does help me to let it go, the constant fear is the worst with this DD.

Jaci
  8. kellym

kellym New Member

My heart goes out to you! I'm so sorry that your weekend was a catch-22, and more importantly, I'm sorry that you and your son are going through such a difficult time. I just want to say, though, that I think its really GOOD that he talked to you about it. When I was a teenager and had thoughts like those, I didn't tell anyone. I really think he's reaching out to you so you can help him avoid those thoughts. You and your son are in my prayers. I believe prayers work, too. I've been a Christian for most of my life and I've seen God do some amazing things, and my prayer for your son will be for his life to turn around!
    Hugs,
    Kelly
  9. maleficent4310

maleficent4310 New Member

Debbie,
    I am sorry about your son. I do think you are very lucky thoe to have a son that loves you enough to let you know how he is feeling. He also knows how much you love him. With counciling and that kind of love, I am sure you will both make it through this. Love is a very powerful thing. Again don't be afraid of asking him how he is feeling. He will tell you. Communication is very important, and as long as you keep asking, he will know how much you do care. May God give you both strength and bless you both!
    Lisa