To: Allhart & Mikie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 2BPainfree, Nov 24, 2002.

1. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

To Allhart & Mikie 11/24/02 08:37 AM

Thank you both for responding!

Allhart...Just curious, how many mg's of oxy per dose was prescibed to you?

Mikie...thank you so much for all the feedback! I will certainly chech out the info you recommended...and whip out a PDR to find out what's up with the Wellbutrin and also why they have me on it long term...good catch! Thank you!

R/E: Rheumies: My (regular) rheumie will prescribe only vicodin. She's not against oxy, even thinks it's a good idea
    but let's a pain managment person deal with prescribing. In fact she refers me away for everything...I don't feel she helps with anything other than the arthritis (which is managed...thank you God!) I have been SO frustrated with her which is why I went to Scripps...Glad I did! Here's the funny part: She's "suppose" to be the leading Rheumy in Orange county, even for fibromyalgia!!! She never once set up a plan for me to help control the fibro. Just said I'm "too" emotional and should see a psyciatrist. How do ya like THAT! (wouldn't even respond to my distress when I would fax her!)

Go figure...
    Love to you all,
    Susan/Calif

2. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

To Allhart & Mikie 11/24/02 08:37 AM

Thank you both for responding!

Allhart...Just curious, how many mg's of oxy per dose was prescibed to you?

Mikie...thank you so much for all the feedback! I will certainly chech out the info you recommended...and whip out a PDR to find out what's up with the Wellbutrin and also why they have me on it long term...good catch! Thank you!

R/E: Rheumies: My (regular) rheumie will prescribe only vicodin. She's not against oxy, even thinks it's a good idea
    but let's a pain managment person deal with prescribing. In fact she refers me away for everything...I don't feel she helps with anything other than the arthritis (which is managed...thank you God!) I have been SO frustrated with her which is why I went to Scripps...Glad I did! Here's the funny part: She's "suppose" to be the leading Rheumy in Orange county, even for fibromyalgia!!! She never once set up a plan for me to help control the fibro. Just said I'm "too" emotional and should see a psyciatrist. How do ya like THAT! (wouldn't even respond to my distress when I would fax her!)

Go figure...
    Love to you all,
    Susan/Calif

3. allhart

allhart New Member

when i frist started with oxy it was 10 mg 2 times a day with percocet for brakethrew pain
    after i stated taking it on a regular basis like your suppose to i was moved up to 20mg 2 times a day and perocet
    but with the 20mg taking it everyday like i was suposse to
    i hardly ever needed the percocet
    i had no bad reactions to the oxy it was a god send
    im so happy you finallly got some realy help!
    kara
  4. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Thanks again Kara!!

Susan
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Because so many of us suffer from the slight seizure state, which most docs don't even know about, it always catches my attention when someone is prescribed an SSRI, a stimulant, or an "upper."

I really like the "Worst Pills Best Pills" because they tell it like they see it.

Love, Mikie
  6. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

I would like to know more about this "slight seizure" state
    Do you know where I can get more info on this...I have already read the article on Klonopin by Dr. Cheney.

This is the first I have heard of this seizure state, but it SURE makes alot of sense! Also explains alot too!!

Susan
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I haven't ever looked beyond Dr. Cheney's article because he does such a good job explaining it in simple language. Also, because the Klonopin has been such a God send working for me just like he said it would, I haven't felt the need to read further.

Sorry, I can't help. You might try a web search.

Love, Mikie