To Anyone in Indiana

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by neeter1, Sep 3, 2006.

1. neeter1

neeter1 New Member

I live in Vermont and will be moving to Kokomo, Indy area in February. The State of Vermont is paying for my Medicare premium...does the State of Indiana help with Medicare premiums? Also, will be looking for a doc close to those areas that has knowledge of Fibro..

Thanks!
    Neeter1
  2. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I live in Belleville, Indian. It is west of Indianapolis and Plainfield. I have lived in Indiana all of my life. Inainapolis until my husband and I moved here in October of 1977.

I do not know about the Medicare premiums. I am not yet on Medicare. I will try and find out.

God bless; Pam
  3. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi neeter, I am not for sure what the difference is between Medicare Premiums and Medicaid but the state of Indiana doesn't offer medicaid for adults unless the person is disabled.

We have family there and I had to move away just because I couldn't get benefits.

Indianapolis is about 30 to 45 minutes from Kokomo and there are a few doctors there that treat FMS/CFS.

Dr. Harry Staley is on North Meridian in Indy and I hear he is caring and understanding.

I am also bumping a old post about Doctors in Indy area.

P.S. Also you can search by state from the Good Doctor List by clicking on DOCTORS on the upper part of the message boards screen.

carolin

[This Message was Edited on 09/04/2006]
  4. neeter1

neeter1 New Member

Thank you to both of you for responding..I really appreciate it.
  5. neeter1

neeter1 New Member

It's Medicare Part B premium. I am on Disability and luckily the State of Vermont has been paying the premiums for me.

Thank you very much for all the info.

neeter1
  6. zielskawoman

zielskawoman New Member

I just saw that you live in Belleville, In. I live in Indy now but I lived in Amo for 16 years. Just wanted to say Hi!

zielskawoman (Mona)