TO ANYONE WHO USES XANAX??????????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stinker56, Apr 15, 2006.

1. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I take 1 mg of Xanax at bedtime to help me sleep which it does. I also take it as needed throughout the day for anxiety (usually only 1/2 pill and not everyday). My question is, does anyone who takes this to sleep have weird dreams?? I wake up several times through the night but go back to sleep. The problem is, I dream so much and I remember it when I do wake up. Whatever has been said during the day or is in my thoughts comes out in my dreams. I think that is why I wake up so exhausted. Am I the only one with this problem?
    Stinker
  2. srh

srh New Member

I have been taking xanax for quite awhile. Started with 4 mg and now take 8mg. Just at night though. It has helped so... much. Now I can actually sleep. I have never noticed any dreams at all. But i don't take it during the day.
    I take Buspar for anxiety and it seems to work pretty well also.

3. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Xanax, is the only thing, that will let me sleep, for more than 5 hours.
    But I cannot use it for more than a couple of days in a row, or it lose's it's effectiveness.

I also have Soma, and it helps to relax my muscles enough so I can get some sleep, but usually only about 3 o4 at a time.

I tried other Meds. and these work the best for me, I haven't had any Weird Dreams on this med, I did on the Antidepressants, like Deseryl, Palamor, Muscle relaxors, like Flexril gave me nightmares too .

Hope you can find something to help you get the sleep you need.
    Hug's,
    sharonk
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have been on xanax for 5 years, 1/2 mg. during the day and a 1/2 mg at bedtime, but no weird dreams..

Everyone is different and xanax could be the cause of your dreams, but for me I would have werid dreams without it, or no sleep at all..

Certain foods and the amount eaten late in the evening causes me to have what I call crazy dreams..

Xanax has been a very good medicine for me..

God Bless,
    greatgran
  5. mildred623

mildred623 New Member

I have taken Xanax for at least 6 years (maybe a bit longer) I take 1 mg. three times a day. And I've not had any problems with dreams. All drugs are not right for everyone, maybe your doctor needs to change you to something else.
  6. gongee

gongee New Member

I have been takiong xanax for 6 years. My dose is 3 mg a day, but it is divided up into tiny doses throughout the day because I am so sensitive to medications. I am hoping to be switched over to the exteneded release soon, so I don't feel as if I am popping a pill all day.I too was having very vivid dreams before reaching the 3mg dose a day. They weren't bad dreams, mostly happy things I used to be able to do before having FM. Some I could remember everything, some I could only remeber bits and pieces. After building up to the dose the doctors wanted me on, I haven't had any dreams (at least that I remember about) My physician did say xanax can cause dreaming but not to be alarmed. I still do not sleep as much as I should be, but it is better than the 1-2 hours I was getting. Hope everything goes well for you.