To Asatrump

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by alaska3355, Feb 22, 2007.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I just wanted you to know I am praying about your depression. I remember you had been a church musician- you played organ, right? I play piano and organ- in fact, I played for a funeral yesterday. I didn't know the man who had passed away and the service was easy.......only a prelude, one congregational hymn and a postlude. I played lots of hymns for the prelude and postlude, because I had no prep time.
    Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you......take care, dear one!
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I am retired now. Good that you could play the funeral, and sometimes hymns are the best thing to play anyway. Something good and solid about a hymn. I miss playing the organ, piano is not the king of intruments.

Thank you for your prayers and the post. God bless you and keep you.
    Asa
  3. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Praying your depression lifts quickly! I so enjoy reading your posts.
    Does your hot tub help? Just remember, God is big enough for all the tears, and he is with you always.

Hugs,

Misty
  4. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

just wanted to say Hi and let you know your in my prayers.
    I have been threw the depression thing and seem to be getting better.
    but right now I"m in a stressful situation with my Grandson ,and its getting me down.
    thinking of you and praying for you.
    blessing sixtyslady
  5. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I believe prayers are helping, also the fact that time is passing. Being married 40 years is not easy, and depression for things that can not be changed is quite inevitable. This too shall pass. I know prayers helped. This worship forum is a blessing, and we all go through patches where we need prayer.

I think of it rather like a bank....... you can't make constant withdrawals without making some deposits.

God bless you all, such wonderful and faithful and giving people.

The hot tub remains my cathedral, and this week really helped me as I fell in the driveway on black ice. Each day prayers for all of you are said.
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

I just want you to know that I am saying special prayers for you to be released from your depression. I have been there and know how awful it can be. I did not know about your fall so I will pray for recovery from that too.

I love your comparison of the Worship board to a bank. We have to make some deposits as well as withdrawls. Great analogy!

Praying for you always. Hot tub cathedral, icicle butt. The visualization always gives me a chuckle.

Hope that things are going better for you.
    Love, Pepper
  7. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

With all you have on your own plate, you are a saintly person to take time to pray and think of others. Bless you.

I will do better. Some major decisions need to be made that effect my life, and unfortunately I do not have control over them. I think depression will improve when I know what direction my life is headed in.