To: BIGMOMMA2---Philly FFC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HurtsToMove, Feb 13, 2007.

1. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

Hi there!

Since you go to the FFC in Philly, I'd like to know your doctor's name and also whether you would recommend him/her. I'm local and considering going there to get a full workup, rather than just treating symptoms like I'm doing now.

BTW, I have FM, no CFS.

Thanks in advance!
    [This Message was Edited on 02/14/2007]
  2. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

His name is Dr. Garabedian. - philly FFC-. I went there two times. I think I recommend him. He is kind and understands us and gave me enough time. He has been specializing in fibro and cfs for maybe 2 years now (?). (i would love to have a dr who has been specializing in it for MANY years!!)

The testing (bloodwork) was excellent. they did many tests on me and it was very helpful! (my insurance covered most of testing, but not the dr appts. I don't know what your insurance will cover.)

so for me it was worth it! however i am the type of person who will not just do what a dr says, if i don't agree. some of treatment he wanted me to do i didn't agree w (due to research i have done) so i have not been back to see dr G. But i would consider seeing him in the future if i decide to. I liked him. He seemed to actually care!

Our diffference on treatment - he wanted me to go on natural cortisol. I researched it and decided I 'd rather START with adrenal glandular pills. (I"ve been on them a few months and it is definately helping!!!!!!!! long way to go though- not a fast fix)

I REALLY recommend getting a "adrenal stress index" saliva cortisol test by Diagnos techs labs. cost is about $100- $160 depending on where you order it thru. check out (do a search) clymer healing center or "canary club" to order. this has been soooo helpful to me and relatively cheap too!!
    actually since you are in or near PA use clymer - they are located in Quakertown pa near allentown. dr Neville does phone consults or you could go there. for me now Dr neville is my CFS dr. (i have cfs only, no fibro)

so, yes i recommend dr garabedian and all the testing at philly ffc. you can decide if you will follow his treatment plan, or not. I also hope you contact dr neville of clymer healing center and get the adrenal SALIVA test.

good luck and keep us all posted!
    hugs,
    bigmama2

3. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

I did look into Clymer, but felt it was geared more for CFS. Is that where you now go for regular treatment?
  4. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

yes I am being treated thru clymer. I haven't been there, i have had 2 appointments by phone w dr neville, who i like very much so far. he (and his treatment) has been more helpful to me than all my other drs (except garabedian)and he hasn't even met me- amazing!!! the wierd thing is that its the same for my brother, who has had severe depression for 6 years, and since being under dr neville's care (for adrenal fatigue) he is doing so much better.

i have no idea why all of the drs we (me and my bro) have seen over the past many years do not know about adrenal fatigue. or maybe they think it is just alternative B.S. i am willing to take my chances because all that i have read about it makes sense to me, and also it is helping me and my brother!!

i do not know if it helps fibro. Do you have fatigue as well as pain? allergies, asthma or chem sensitivites? tired all morning,, feel better at night, can't sleep at night? those are some sympts of adrenal fatigue. read aboutit on web and see if it may be part of your problem.

maybe email or call clymer and see if they treat fibro?

take care!
    bigmama2
  5. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

and see if he treats FM, can't hurt to try.

I don't have any of the symptoms of adrenal fatigue. I just have PAIN. No sleep problems, no exercise intolerance, etc.

I've been looking at thyroid hypometabolism as a cause of my pain. I'm trying to find a doctor who'd be willing to experiment with me on T3 supplementation, even though my blood levels are normal.

I also have no estrogen whatsoever and we can't find a cause. I'm 37 and not peri-menopausal.

So anyway, thanks for your help. I'll let you know when I go (to either place) and my impressions.