TO BIOMAN85

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alaska3355, May 22, 2006.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi! This is John...eh, son of alaska3355.

Are you in college, Bioman85? I am; just started, really. College over here ends in June, then it'll be Summer Break!

I'm told you used to play the trumpet?..I still sort of do, but it's more of a hobby-type thing for me now. I'm going to be starting up again for a small recital later this week!

Hm...y'know, it's still hard for me to start a topic...

Ah well. Nice to meet you, Bioman85! ^_^
    [This Message was Edited on 05/26/2006]
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

4. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

So sorry I didn't see your post before. I'm busy with work and feeling like ****, so I don't check the boards that often. Yes, I'm in college - I'm studying Information Systems. I just turned 21, my mom had a little party for me this Saturday - nothing huge.

And yes, I used to play the trumpet. I wasn't that bad, was in my city's Archdiocesan Honor Band, but haven't played in a couple years due to lack of interest :).

I hope you do well on your finals - are you taking online classes or do you actually go to class?

TTYL,
    Chris
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I go to classes. ^_^

Happy birthday! 21? I'm 19!

No worries about not posting right away. It happens, and there isn't a whole lot you can do about that at any given moment. Grin (or not) and bear it right? ^_^ What exactly do you have?
  6. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

hey man,

I've got CFS - started about a year and a half ago, steadily getting worse since then. When it first started, it was more of a nuisance, but now it's really affecting my functioning and all that fun stuff!

The interesting thing is I don't have any noticeable post-exertional malaise, which is one of the major hallmarks of CFS.

What about you?
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I've got the same...and, interestingly enough, I don't have any noticable post-exertional malaise, either! (I'd have answered sooner, but I've been getting [more] under the weather for a while.)

I get this thing that the doctor called brain-fog. In the morning, right after I wake up, I do things...kinda the automatic pilot type of functioning, (going to the bathroom, eating breakfast, and all that sort of stuff) but I won't remember a thing! I don't know this for a fact, but I'd probably eat just about anything put in front of me on a plate! Usually the fog goes away after a half-hour or so.

It's really wierd not remembering the morning. I know how amnesia patients feel now. I KNOW I did stuff, but have no actual memory of it.

Anything like that happen much with you?
  8. bioman85

bioman85 New Member

wats up? sorry youre not feeling well. yea I've got the brain fog too. It started a little more than a year ago, but mine was the opposite. In the morning I wouldn't have the fog at all, but then after a couple hours it would settle in and be with me all day.

9. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'm feeling better now...(Meaning that, yes, the CFS is still there, don't think it'll go away so easy, but I'm not under the weather quite so bad anymore!)

Heh...I think I'm running out of stuff to write! ^_^

What're your plans for the summer? I'm secretly hope we don't really do anything this time. I'm not complaining! I don't mind going out-of-state or anything like that, but I wouldn't mind not having a whole lot to think about...you know, one of those summers where you get to be lazy. ^_^