TO BLUEROSE7

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DVoit, Aug 9, 2005.

1. DVoit

DVoit New Member

I HAVE BEEN DENIED ONCE AND AM FILLING OUT PAPERS FOR RECONSIDERATION. THE FORM IS QUITE EXTENSIVE ASKING ME ALL THE SAME QUESTIONS. I DON'T KNOW HOW I COULD ELABORATE. THIS IS TERRIBLE. COULD A LAWYER HELP ME HERE. I GUESS I WILL CALL A LAWYER TO ASK IF I SHOULD COME TO HIM/HER BEFORE FILLING THESE OUT. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT THE LAWYER COULD DO BEFORE I AM REJECTED ON THE APPEAL. I HATE THIS. THE REJECTION SAYS I SHOULD STILL BE ABLE TO WORK WITH WHAT I HAVE. I CAN'T. I AM TRYING TO GO INTO A CALL CENTER 18 HOURS A WEEK AND THAT IS MAKING ME MISERABLE. I CAN HARDLY SIT THERE FOR 4 HOURS AT A TIME I AM ALWAYS IN SUCH PAIN. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

DONNA
  2. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Yes they do also give you a set of papers that are pretty much asking the same things as when you initial filed.

What I did was just fill out everything the same on those papers..its just a routine thing...they want to know if anything has changed since you first filed.

If you feel like you cant handle filling those papers out or dont want the added stress of dealing with it...then calling a lawyer is a option.

As I was saying this is just my peronal opinion, and what a couple lawyers told me was they really could not do alot for me at the reconsideration stage, to come see them if I am denied again.

Filing those papers out for your appeal is a very small part of it....The big part is what you turn in with your appeal or turn in after you appeal...Any new eveidence,medical records, letters from family an friends, doctors letters, pharmacy records etc...

One thing a lawyer can do is help in getting any new evidence, if you feel you can not do it yourself. Thank goodness I was able to get everything together myself and did win by myself on reconsideration. But I know it is very overwhelming.

But as far as the appeal papers just put down everything you did in the inital claim or if anything new has happened such as seeing new doctors etc...

Good Luck and feel free to ask for advise anytime..I know how overwhelming it is!!

Hugs
    Bluerose
  3. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Yes the denial letter you recieved...they all about say the same thing...

Mine said I was able to continue working as well, that I was not disabled.

They want you to give up or at least see if you will give up and are not truly disabled.

Keep fighting and never give up!!

Good Luck
    Hugs
    Bluerose
    [This Message was Edited on 08/09/2005]
  4. Huggabugg123

Huggabugg123 New Member

Hey Donna, I just wanted to add a little reminder that if you can't find a local attorney to go over everything with you, call Allsup. They will help you no matter what stage of filing you are in. You don't even have to be one of their clients and they will answer your questions any way. I have a local attorney, but have contacted Allsup a few times when I couldn't get my attorney on the phone. When I finally got a hold of my attorney he basically told me the same thing that I had already found out. Price wise, it's all the same wether you go through a local attorney or Allsup. I am just kind of throwing this out there for you as an option because I can understand 100% what you are going through.

Good luck ~

Huggabugg