To buffyr

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ayhatch, Jan 26, 2007.

1. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

Hi Buffy,
    I read your reply to Ernie. Don't know if you read mine...but it seems we have Louses for Spouses. Mine is clueless about my fibro as well. Should we talk and compare war stories?
  2. buffyr

buffyr New Member

Yes, sounds like an idea! Mine doesn't get the picture. today I am so sick I couldn't go to work and he was a little crabby about that. But when he had a cold he was out for 2 days!!! Can hardly function but all he talks about is wanting to have another baby. So what am I supposed to do with the baby on the days that I can't lift it? Or change diapers when I'm so nauseuos that I can't make my 8 year old a pb&j without gagging? I suppose I'm supposed to make my son take care of the baby while hubby is at work??? Really love him, but he doesn't get this at all. makes it much more difficult!!-Buffy
  3. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

Well, I have been trying to focus on myself instead of complaining too much about what HE does or doesn't do that's a problem for me. Not having a supportive spouse is raelly hard though. I have friends and family that support me, but The person I'm married to should be my greatest support and be willing to let me fall apart and cry in his presense when I'm just having a bad day.
    Mine will do some things... when I ask. But, he never volunteers help and rather than help us all out, just takes care of himself. I.e - Laundry not getting done by me + him doing his own laundry. But what about my clothes and the kids clothes? Could he do them, too? NOPE, he thinks the way to help me is just to take care of himself. He also cooks for himself and buys his own groceries, but does he offer these things for me and the kids? NO.
    He also has no idea how much pain I'm in and when I'm foggy and ask to have things repeated because I forgot something...he talks back to me like I'm an idiot.
    UGH!
  4. buffyr

buffyr New Member

Home sick today, called hubby asked him to pick up my sleeping meds (I'm completely out). He totally forgot about it. The pharmacy is 45 minutes away by my work, so I'll go tomorrow, but there goes a decent night's sleep for tonight! AAAARRRGG!!!
  5. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

You've probably tried all these things, but... have you tried Melatonin- May help a little. How about Valerian root tea or extract in warm honeyed milk - this usually knocks me out. How about Tylenol PM? - that has helped in a pinch. Or if all else fails--- some good Merlot, but then you have to suffer the effects the next day!
  6. buffyr

buffyr New Member

I didn't sleep barely at all. And my new medication(lexipro) is still making me throw up every morning. Now I feel like a mack truck hit me!! I have to go to my son's last baketball game of the year today, after that, not going to do anything!! I'm going on a trip on Tuesday, so sometime I have to pack for that. With my mom and sister and kids, no hubbys!!! Doesn't matter how sick I am, I'm going!!! Had to rant, sorry!! -Buffy
  7. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

Sorry you couldn't sleep. Be careful on your trip...try to get the rest you'll need. I haven't been able to travel in awhile, but my doc advised that I built in one day to relax/sleep in wherever my destination was and then two days when I get home. Something that REALLY helped me the last time I travelled and is just a good tip for staying hydrated, is using vegetable glycerin in my drinking water.(It's odorless and tasteless.)
    Get some and start hydrating now. Put about 10 drops in a bottle of drinking water and sip it throughout the day. Whenever you have a new bottle of water, now and through your trip, put the drops in. It really helped me.
    Another thought... I didn't do well on Lexapro either. It disturbed my sleep a lot. I was put on Cymbalta in November and boy has it made a difference! I'm no longer falling over tired in the middle of the day. I still have some nights I am a bit wakeful, BUT I'm no longer exhausted the next day. The sleep I get is restorative now. (I take 60mg.)
    Where are you going on your trip? I hope you have a great time. I feel like those of us who suffer from this constant pain deserve as much of a good thing as we can get!
  8. buffyr

buffyr New Member

Going to Florida for a week and a cruise for 3 days. A little anxious about the cruise bit never done that before. No wonder they started me on antianxiety drugs lol. Hoping I'll be feeling better by the time I leave. Going in to see the doc on Monday to talk about side effects of new med(lexipro). I absolutely hate that I have to take so many drugs, I wonder how big a pill box I'll need by the time I hit 60? Can't back out of this trip even if I feel a little bit like not going. My mom is paying for all of it, for my 30th birthday, so no getting out of this one. Nice talking to you! Going to go and try actually sleeping tonight. Crossing my fingers anyway :)-Buffy
    [This Message was Edited on 01/27/2007]
  9. buffyr

buffyr New Member

I've never heard of the glycerin thing before. Where do you buy that? Thanks-Buffy
  10. ayhatch

ayhatch New Member

You can buy it at a health food or vitamin store. For the kind of trip you are going on, I highly recommend keeping hydrated! Have a great trip and Happy Birthday! I'll look forward to hearing from you when you get back.
  11. buffyr

buffyr New Member

Thanks for the glycerin tip. I'll talk to you when I get home!!! -Buffy