To Busybusymom: any updates on mold toxicity?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MaryCecelia, Dec 18, 2005.

1. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

I was wondering if you have any test results on the mold toxicity. Let us know when you have a chance, please. I think it has the potential to explain problems many of us have. Of course, fixing it is another matter.
    Thank you!
  2. paintinglady

paintinglady New Member

I didn't know mold could also bring this on. It makes me wonder. A year ago, we had a flooded basement. By the time all the investigators got around to looking, mold had begun to grow. I had an asthma attack and we moved in to a hotel for 4 months while everything was removed from the basement. Belongings as well as walls, carpet shelves everything. Then they had to completely clean the bare cement walls and wood floor boards above. They tested the air and we had at least 5 different molds growing.

Could this have done anything to make the FM or undifferentiated connective tissue disease (whatever that is) worse? Just wondered.
  3. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

Painting Lady--You might want to read busybusymom's post "Saw mold toxicologist.." or something to that effect to see the post to which I'm referring. She said her dr. told her there is a connection between mold and autoimmune disorders. See also darude's post on the tests for mold toxicity.
    Willow wisp--I appreciate your response. I can actually now see mold in 2 of our rooms. I plan to talk to my dr. about this issue when I go next month. I fear it'd cost a fortune to get rid of it, though.
  4. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

I appreciate the update and hope to hear more when you receive your results. Other than all you'll have done to your house, do you know what, if any, treatment you'll need? Thanks for taking the time to respond, and I plan to follow-up on your suggestions.