To:Caffey

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by windblade, Dec 18, 2006.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi Cath,

If you're feeling up to it, can you please put one of your sticky-notes on your computer, to pray for me.

I'm having a terribly difficult time dealing with my post-traumatic-stress-disorder. I'm feeling horrible, but trying to push forward. I need God's help - his strength and wisdom, and special love for me.

My PTSD therapy appts. are on Tuesday nights at 6:00 p.m.

But I am struggling every day, and all throughout the day.
    And I'm so weary of fighting this psychological illness.
    It feels as hard as trying to rebuild a bombed city.

I also need hope to believe that I can get better.

Thank you for any prayers that you can muster!

Have been praying for you too.

Love, Judy
  2. caffey

caffey New Member

Judy you are on my stickie. I was going to ask you something but I changed my mind I will do my own research. You need to be encouraged but I don't want to do it on an open board. If you know what I mean. If you want to chat I am available. I can hear and feel your pain. Please don't go this alone and rely only on your once a week? appts. I don't need to know details but as a friend I am here any time ok? I was reading a verse in Proverbs 23:18 on Sun. it has become a lifeline for me. Put it as a sticky somewhere. FOR SURELY THERE IS A FUTURE AND YOUR HOPE WILL NOT BE CUT OFF. There are many things I would like to say to you privately but I won't push you. But some things I will say in re-reading your post.
    1. You will get better. It will take time and hard work and a lot of tears. Don't ever give up. Cling to that verse the Lord gave me. I now give it to you. You can't fight this battle. It is by letting the Lord help you and let Him into that area that is so traumatized and by having confidents that you can talk and talk as much as you need to about it.
    2. God loves you so much. He loves you like you are His only daughter. His love for you is constant and doesn't change depending on how you feel, have done, or what was done to to you.
    I have much more to say but I don't want to overwhelm you or but in or talk on an open board.
    So I said all this to say this. I am praying and I am here anytime. Keep in touch and please feel free to let me know what I can do for you. So know you are loved by God and me or is it I lol and you are not alone. And whatever is said is between you me and God. Finally, I don't know if you have read it on some of my other posts. But in the Bible Job when his world fell apart his 3 buddies came and sat beside him for 7 days and grieved with him and didn't say a word. Can I be one of your buddies and just sit beside you supporting you.? Father please come now and surround Judy with Your peace and Your love. Please let her feel it in a way that she has never known before. Please let something happen this day that will give her hope. In Jesus Name Amen. Thank you.
    Love ya
    Sending you hugs{{{ }}}}
    Cath
    [This Message was Edited on 12/19/2006]
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

I would love to meet you in chat after the holidays. Yes, the loneliness and isolation of this trauma damage and illness is a terrible thing. Because even when I have people that love me, good friends, it's like I've always been living a whole other reality, which can't be communicated. I have one precious friend who is a Vietnam Vet., and we have always bonded closely, he is the one person who knows by experience what I live through. But he is dying, and I don't know what I'm going to do without him.

He is in the last stages of emphysema, and is hanging on by a thread - we have been the closest of friends for 35 years!

I love what you wrote about Job's buddies who sat by him and grieved. Sometimes it's so hard for me to grieve because it seems ENDLESS - all of this terrible stuff happened to me since birth. I would love for you to do and be that.

I am sure that when you received that verse on Sunday from Proverbs that God gave it to you for me too! It is a medicine!

I feel so comforted by everyone's quick, loving responses and prayers.

In the beginning of January, I'm going to be facing a really hard and scary time in therapy - I would be so thankful for your support. Maybe we could meet in chat this week instead of next - what would be a good time for you? I'm Eastern Standard, I have weird hours, with insomnia or CFS oversleeping, but I'm sure I could work it out.

May God Bless and Keep you,
    Love, Judy
  4. caffey

caffey New Member

Judy: I am in the same time zone as you. Anytime is good for me except Fri. from 12-7. So pick a time that works for you and let me know. What I did with someone else. It was their brillant idea was we met in the sinusitis room as it is rarely used. We had it to ourselves. What do you think? Let me know and I am praying and sitting. Got to stay away from the junk food while I am sitting.lol. Keep in touch.
    Love ya
    Cath
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

I'm online now, and can wait to hear from you if you're around. It's 12:40 right now - I can meet you in Sinusitis if that will work out.

Love, Judy

p.s. If not, that's fine. We'll just pick another time.
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

Cath - needing to take a rest. Let's try for Saturday, if that could work out for you. Everyone's prayers have helped me so much. I don't want you to worry that I'm in any desperate need or anything, cause I'm not now.

Hope that you're doing okay - I know that you've been going through a tremendous amount of on and off heavy meds., and all those side effects.

Sending prayers to you,
    Love, Judy