To Charlie21

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by alaska3355, Oct 31, 2006.

1. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I decided to start a new post to you. In answer to your question (do I have fibro?) - no, I don't. My son has CFS, and that's why I got interested in this site. It has been a great source of information for me, and I suppose I'm addicted. My son came down with CFS exactly 2 years ago today (I remember the day)....he couldn't wake up to go to school and slept mostly for a week. After a couple weeks of missing school (he was a senior in high school) we had to withdraw him, as he was too far behind. He did finish with home school and some college courses. Now he is in college and his health is better- to the point that he hasn't missed a day of school due to illness this year. He still wakes up with brain fog and can't speak for about 30 minutes. He is on a sleep schedule that we stick with, otherwise he wouldn't make it to classes. He is also quite sensitive to MSG and additives in food, so we try to do mostly scratch cooking. He is on no meds, only vitamins and supplements.

I hope the Mirapex is working for you....I depend on mine. I have a friend with fibro that I suggested it to....she'd never heard of it. I'll be anxious to hear if it helps you. Terri
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Are you there?
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

6. charlie21

charlie21 New Member

So nice to hear from you. Sorry your son has CFS. I am doing very well thankyou. It isn't the cure for everything, but it has made a big difference to me. Cannot remember where we left off, but here goes. Intially on 0.088mgs three times daily, taking my last dose two hours before bed. One week later, had another increase, because the last bedtime dose, was taking rather a long time to get rid of the restless legs, so was increased to 0.18 mgs, and what a difference, no more restless legs. As well as helping my legs, I have found during the day, my pain and muscle spasms, and stiffness, have decreased in intensity, and well as the morning flares. Initially when I first took them, I was a bit dizzy, but persevered and now that it rare. They do make me feel a little sleepy, even now, but it does pass within about an hour, and I can function okay. I take any dopy drugs of mine at bedtime e.g. betablocker, and tramacet (ultracet) for a back problem, should need to take that one. My doctor had his reservations, when I handed him the information via the internet, but did not let on. When I went to see him for my increase, he told me he was surprised, and that he did think it possible wouldn't work, but I admired his honesty, and have a great relationship with him. I am planning to continue taking this drug, if my doc has no objections which he doesn't as far as I know. I am now in the throws of sorting my sleep problem out only getting 1-3 hours a night, I am now on Zopiclone 7.5 mgs which is giving me a whole 8 hours. Had I been on the Zopiclone the same time as the Mirapex, I probably would have said it would have been the extra sleep that was making me feel better, but I have been on Mirapex I think for about 7 weeks now, and the Zopiclone about 4 days. I hope this this post will inspire more people to help themselves in doing there own research, otherwise I think some will be on the same drug year after year, but not getting the relief they need. Sorry I have been a long time responding, busy enjoying my new lease of life. Charlie
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hey, that's great that you are feeling better- that's the goal! I'm hoping my friend with fibro will be able to try the Mirapex, because she needs some help with the pain and doesn't want narcotics. Other people on this board have suggested calcium and magnesium, also Prickles uses a TENS machine for her pain. Some suggested epsom salt baths, soaking in a hot tub for 1/2 hour. We can all help each other and I have gained a lot from being on this board. Enjoy your day! Terri