To Chrissy2 (and anyone else!) re: Fatigue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Katlover, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Katlover

Katlover New Member

I noticed that you wrote something about taking NADH and that it helps with the fatigue. Excuse my ignorance, but what is that? I cry almost every weekend because I am just too tired to get out and do anything with my husband. All I want to do is stay on my recliner and do absolutely nothing. I work full-time as a secretary (which CAN be pretty stressful!) and on weekends try to recuperate for the next week. It's like a vicious circle!
    I would appreciate any help anyone has to give! Thanks for "listening" - I'm kind of on a pity party now. I am so exhausted that I'm taking tomorrow off - going to do absolutely NOTHING!!!
    KL
  2. Katlover

Katlover New Member

I'd LOVE to get down to the bottom of this!!

1. No, sure don't get THAT much uninterrupted sleep. I'm taking Elavil to help me sleep, but I still wake up every couple of hours or so. I have to sleep on my sides, can't sleep on my back or stomach. My arms go to "sleep" and start "buzzing" and hips start hurting and wake me up (plus, I usually have to go to the bathroom at least once -even though I don't drink a lot after 7 or so - don't drink alcohol at all - just decaf tea and water at night. One vanilla coke at 11:30 a.m. with my lunch!). I just bought a "sound conditioner" to block out night sounds (we live in the country so we hear frogs, crickets, etc., plus we've got two dogs and three cats who are inside all night (but really are good - most sleep through the night or only get up when I do and then settle right back down!!))

2. I "snorkle" if I try to sleep on my back (that is one reason I don't even try to sleep like that!). I've got a bulging disk at C5-6 (thanks to a car wreck).

3. Don't nap - work from 7:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday through Friday. I do try to steal a nap on the weekend sometimes!

4. Sleep aids - Elavil. It does seem to help some. Before I started taking it I didn't even get as much sleep as I get now!

5. I don't think I've got Restless Legs Syndrome (from what I've read about it). I do get Charlie Horses in my calves if I have been standing on my feet for a long time.

Do you think there is any hope for me? Am I doomed to be this tired forever? I hate to whine, but I am just SO tired of being tired!!! Thank you so much for any help you can give me, madwolf!
    P.S. I'm new around these parts - I've been reading the message board for quite a while (diagnosed with FM about a year and a half ago, CFS a couple of weeks ago). Love reading your messages! Thanks for being so insightful, for being upfront and for being YOU!!!
    KL
    [This Message was Edited on 02/13/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/13/2003]