To Cinderbug

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PatDLT, Oct 2, 2008.

1. PatDLT

PatDLT New Member

Hi, another questions on the LTD & STD. What did they accept as evidence when you appealed, and why was it denied in the first place. I kept hearing that getting a sleep study would do the trick, but I have two sleep studies from two different HMOs. I was still denied. What else do they except?

How did you survive while the 2 1/2 years went by? Should you seek out more than one lawyer?

What a nightmare.

[This Message was Edited on 10/02/2008]
  2. Cinderbug

Cinderbug New Member

They initially paid short term disability for 40 days minus the 14 day waiting period for Epstien Barr. Then they flat denied me despite my doctor's help.

I borrowed the $2500 from my sister to hire a lawyer for the appeals. I had to cash out my retirement at a great loss to live on until I was approved for SSDI. Thank heavens that only took 9 months.

I am sorry your sleep study didn't help your case. My lawyer thought mine would have if I would have gotten it in the appeal stage.

It was not a good experience.

Good Luck!

3. PatDLT

PatDLT New Member

I don't know what to do anymore. Allsups is willing to go to bat for me getitng my SSDI, It will take months for that. An ERISA website asked for all of my information starting on 9/24. The representative is sending me forms for my signature so their firm can ask for all the information my insurance has on me. They did not say they would take the case, but get the information. I'll be paying for two different representatives and I don't see anything in site. My last paycheck was today. I am on unpaid leave of absence and don't know for how long before I lose my job. I will lose everything I worked for all my life to achieve. I know that is all material things. That does not matter much to me, it is the "where am I going to live and live off of" that worries me. I can't beleve that the phycaitrist told the LTD that I was fit to go back to work. He just screwed with my life. I don't know where to turn, my family in their own way do not want to get involved. My husband says I'm stressing him out. Is this all really worth it after 30+ years of hard work??

Can't cope anymore...
  4. Cinderbug

Cinderbug New Member

I am so sorry your family is not more supportive.

It is scarey. I was the only breadwinner SSDI right before I did. He hadn't worked for 10 years prior. I hated to take my retirement savings at such a big loss, but without it I would have really been in trouble.

Really concentrate on getting that SSDI so you will qualify for Medicare in a couple of years. I got my SSDI after seeing their mental health doctor. I am quite sure it was her report that got it for me on the 1st appeal. So, even though I am totally homebound and can't do much of anything, it was the anxiety and depression that Social Security could understand.

I wish you the best. It WILL work out. Hold on!

5. PatDLT

PatDLT New Member

I hope so, The one person who ruined my chances was the shrink. I think if you said I had a problem, I woudld have been approved. The funny thing is that if I did not have this depression, I would be able to cope with everything else.

The way this makes you feel is like a constant panic mode. Like an animal caught in the headlight and is paryalized with fear and not knowing to run left for right.

Sorry, I feel really bad right now.

Thanks for listening
    [This Message was Edited on 10/03/2008]