To Cockatoo MomNutrisystem

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jrose, Jul 23, 2006.

1. jrose

jrose New Member

Love your bird!! I have a 10 yr. old cockatiel named Fruit.Anyway Nutrisystem is expensive so I can't try it right now but maybe in 2-3 weeks. I figure buying Weight Watchers food would be just as expensive.My problem is portion control and amount of eating. I have cut down a lot on stuff-candy,cake,soda,meat and eat lots of fruit and veggies but still too much bread,muffins. Should be exercising but just not motivated. Keep in touch. Hopefully we can do this together. Judy
  2. jrose

jrose New Member

3. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Hi Judy!

Thank you for the compliment on my Cuddle-bug (bird).
    I used to have cockatiels too. They are such wonderful little personalities to have around!

Believe it or not, I used to be scared to death of birds.
    I can plop my bird on his back in my hand and rub his belly. He's such a turkey. I tell him he's my "Big Chicken." LOL (Which he eats, by the way. Ewew...little canibal.)

Yes, Nurtisystem advertises $10/day, but I cannot afford the initial start up to get started either.

About 10 years ago, I lost 27 pounds eating Healthy Choice entrees for lunch and supper. Any kind of processed food isn't going to be good for us, but that may be my only alternative until after I graduate. Just have to watch the sodium content and read labels.

Once I get these meds out of my system I am hoping to be feeling better. Right now all I want to do is sleep, and my lips feel numb and I sound like I'm drunk when I talk. My CRNP actually thought I was drunk at my last appointment! How awful!

Anyway, yes...let's keep in touch and try to encourage eachother. Talk to you soon!