to Dan in Florida with TMJ!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meandyou, Sep 18, 2002.

1. meandyou

meandyou New Member

Hi,
    I had a car accident in 1980 and another in 1988 and have had the same problems as you. I have a plastic plate on my lower teeth that I wear all the time unless I'm eating or brushing my teeth. It does help. I had a lot of them , the hard one works the best. Have you been to a dentist ? They can help you with this. I know how you feel,as I have a repair to my tmj plate this week and was without it for a day and all hell broke lose. I am having all kinds of problems. It will calm down though. I put moist heat on the jaw area for 10 minutes on each side of the face. I also put the moist heat on my neck ,too. It does help. I hope this can help you a little. Remember we aren't doctors ,I can only tell you what works for me. Good luck and feel better.

meandyou,
    theresa
  2. meandyou

meandyou New Member

Hi,
    I had a car accident in 1980 and another in 1988 and have had the same problems as you. I have a plastic plate on my lower teeth that I wear all the time unless I'm eating or brushing my teeth. It does help. I had a lot of them , the hard one works the best. Have you been to a dentist ? They can help you with this. I know how you feel,as I have a repair to my tmj plate this week and was without it for a day and all hell broke lose. I am having all kinds of problems. It will calm down though. I put moist heat on the jaw area for 10 minutes on each side of the face. I also put the moist heat on my neck ,too. It does help. I hope this can help you a little. Remember we aren't doctors ,I can only tell you what works for me. Good luck and feel better.

meandyou,
    theresa
  3. XRAYFFDANIEL

XRAYFFDANIEL New Member

THERESA THANK YOU FOR THAT WONDERFUL REPLY.
    i have had been to many dentist, physicians since 1984. my problem started from a helicopter accident in military. i use the warm clothe method also. i will keep what you said in mind.

it is interesting the plastic bite blocks you have.
    dan

God Bless
    9-11-01

4. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Why is your face blue? Is this a symptom of TMJ? Just kidding!! I have it too and it's really getting bad. It's to the point that it hurts every day now, constantly. When I eat, I can hear and feel the crunching sound in my right jaw joint. Sometimes I feel pain going through the joint like little bursts of lightning. I'm sure this is irreversible and due to the aging process? (my jaw has always cracked when I ate stuff like pizza)

Marilyn :)