To Danielle -

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilaclover30, Aug 31, 2005.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

In answer to your question. I purposely arranged to make an appointment with a young Dr. in our clinic while my Dr. was vacationing in France! He right away ordered a nerve conduction test - that is electrodes placed one at a time on 3 sections of the bottom portion of each leg. I recieved about 50 mild jolts of electricity in each leg. On my left leg where all the pain is was OK except for 1. Nurse said test to go to Boston and a neur. would read it.

my Dr. then said a MRI. The neurosurgeon he advised also took X-rays. All showed the scoliosis, the curved spine and all the pinched nerves and spinal cord.

But - the only remedy is rebuilding the spine in an 8 hr. surgery and insert a steel rod. I said no because of age - 74.i am the care-giver for my hubby and I don't want to go through it. So it is the pain Clinic in mid=Oct. and we will see what the price of gas is by then. I am 50 mil. away.

But as I sit here with CNN on for 2 days, I feel ashamed to compain about anything.

How can anything be any worse that what the people of the south are going throuhg right now??? Awful!!

Good luck and Gengle Hugs
  2. Danielle

Danielle New Member

I also feel very awful about the people in those states. I don't think I would ever live on a coastal town just for that reason. I choose to live in earthquake territory instead. It's hard for me to watch the news because these people have lost everything. I have lost my health at 44 but still have the things I need to survive.

I have been having headaches lately and my neck has been giving me horrible pain. That's why I was curious about stenosis in my neck. I also have mild scoliosis. I have continually asked for cat scans or an MRI but they refuse.

Danielle