To Dara

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bobolee, Feb 6, 2003.

1. bobolee

bobolee New Member

I too am 56, and find it to be much harder to deal with each flare up. This one is now at 4 months and counting. It also involves more areas and more weakness. I think as we age our muscles cannot recover as quick and are more injured. I am starting warm water therapy next week. I find myself to be more depressed also, and have more gastric problems each flare up.
    hope this eases up a LITTLE soon.
  2. Dara

Dara New Member

have you started your warm water therapy yet? I did the water therapy just twice. It felt so good while in the pool, I could actually move my arms in an upward position. The problem I had though, is the next day I couldn't hardly move anything. It just didn't work for me, I'm at the point where I don't know if anything is going to work, including me.

Dara
  3. bobolee

bobolee New Member

Yes, I have gone 3 times, it does feel great in the water. I have pretty good movement. I have a terrible time when I am getting out - my legs feel like a ton and it is hard to move them. THen the locker room if freezing and I am so tight I can hardly get my body to do anything. I also am so sore the next day that I am miserable. I don't know how long I will do it, but supposedly it gets better (?). I am tooo old for all of this. I am very depressed with this flare up. The wind chill where I live has been - 2 to -6. It is difficult to do anything. Thanks for replying.