To Darla. Re spinal stenosis.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cactuslil, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

The source of the pain of which I receive pain medication is not the fibro per se but the spinal stenosis and nerve entrapement that result from collagen disease! I was told that depending on which nerves are affected that you could become incontinent of bladder and bowel. Thank heavens mine has not affected them. I just had an MRI last week of the LS and the doc said there were arthritis changes but not any more nerve entrapment; however 2 or so years ago I had -0- nerve involvment above the LS prior, but at that 2-yr mark there was intermittant or randomized involvement from the cervical down. These are mostly non-symptomatic.

I had a bad experience w/an epidural w/my son ten years ago at age 44 and I am NOT having another without a darn good reason. Right now 10/500 lortab hold it if I behave myself and ultimately I intend to do just that! Thank you for sharing your daughter's experience and Mabel...if you find an extra man out there who doesn't drink or smoke, is over 50 and willing to be a Pappa, let me know and I'll catch the first flight leaving Austin! CactusLil'
  2. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

The source of the pain of which I receive pain medication is not the fibro per se but the spinal stenosis and nerve entrapement that result from collagen disease! I was told that depending on which nerves are affected that you could become incontinent of bladder and bowel. Thank heavens mine has not affected them. I just had an MRI last week of the LS and the doc said there were arthritis changes but not any more nerve entrapment; however 2 or so years ago I had -0- nerve involvment above the LS prior, but at that 2-yr mark there was intermittant or randomized involvement from the cervical down. These are mostly non-symptomatic.

I had a bad experience w/an epidural w/my son ten years ago at age 44 and I am NOT having another without a darn good reason. Right now 10/500 lortab hold it if I behave myself and ultimately I intend to do just that! Thank you for sharing your daughter's experience and Mabel...if you find an extra man out there who doesn't drink or smoke, is over 50 and willing to be a Pappa, let me know and I'll catch the first flight leaving Austin! CactusLil'
  3. Dara

Dara New Member

sense of humor, I always enjoy reading your postings.

Dara

[ advertisement ]