To Diggity with understanding~~~~~~~

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kadywill, Sep 22, 2002.

1. kadywill

kadywill New Member

My friend,
    I, for one, know EXACTLY how you are feeling. It is miserable to have the financial, emotional and physical stress you are forced to endure right now. I'm lucky I didn't get the same kind of response that you did when I wrote my first post. Instead, people like HiRiskRN, dlizard, Pat and TiredButWired all made me feel welcome and free to vent any way that I needed to at that moment. Because of those replies, I can now give comfort to you because I feel well enough and supported enough by my new friends.
    I know that some days are less hard than others~~~I have bad ones and not-so-bad ones and some days I can almost forget that I have these problems.
    I have learned that with God, a support system, a good physician or two, meds and supplements and a will to continue being a blessing to a few, I can make it from one day to the next.
    I remember when I was suicidal, the worst thing someone could say to me was that there were many folks out there a lot worse off than me, so I should stop whining and complaining. I promised myself that I would NEVER do that to another human being. We would be well advised to NEVER forget that there are ups and downs with this illness. We ALL need soft shoulders to cry on from time to time. You can cry on mine anytime!
    With love and support!
    Kady
    [This Message was Edited on 09/22/2002]
  2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

My friend,
    I, for one, know EXACTLY how you are feeling. It is miserable to have the financial, emotional and physical stress you are forced to endure right now. I'm lucky I didn't get the same kind of response that you did when I wrote my first post. Instead, people like HiRiskRN, dlizard, Pat and TiredButWired all made me feel welcome and free to vent any way that I needed to at that moment. Because of those replies, I can now give comfort to you because I feel well enough and supported enough by my new friends.
    I know that some days are less hard than others~~~I have bad ones and not-so-bad ones and some days I can almost forget that I have these problems.
    I have learned that with God, a support system, a good physician or two, meds and supplements and a will to continue being a blessing to a few, I can make it from one day to the next.
    I remember when I was suicidal, the worst thing someone could say to me was that there were many folks out there a lot worse off than me, so I should stop whining and complaining. I promised myself that I would NEVER do that to another human being. We would be well advised to NEVER forget that there are ups and downs with this illness. We ALL need soft shoulders to cry on from time to time. You can cry on mine anytime!
    With love and support!
    Kady
    [This Message was Edited on 09/22/2002]
  3. diggity

diggity New Member

Your words are like a healing touch. Although I have only been here a short time, I have found that there are many good, caring, compassionate people here. I am very fortunate to have a good support system at home, but it is always nice to feel support in other places as well. One of the harder things about this illness has been dealing with what other people think. It's funny, I never thought that would bother me too much. I think it's the validation factor; I know I'm hurting and depressed, but it helps if someone else seems to understand. I guess we all feel this way at times. The last few days have been the worst I've had in a while, but today I'm feeling a little better. I think that is due in large part to friends like you. :eek:)