To do list 8/31-9/7

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by greygodess, Sep 1, 2008.

1. greygodess

greygodess New Member

Didn't see a thread started so I'll go ahead. Tomorrow I will be getting ready to go to Kentucky. We are leaving wednesday morning and coming back sunday. So a lot of packing and last minute stuff tomorrow and then on the road.

Today we went to our son's for a cookout. It was nice. We also took one of the dogs over to another son's house so he can watch him while we are away.

Hope you all have a good week. Godbless
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Grey, thanks for getting this week's list started.

Grammy, you enjoy that new grandbaby for as long as you want, I'm glad you're enjoying your trip.

Today I'm hoping to take a day of rest. I've done more work in the last 3 days than I have in the last 4 months.

Saturday we gathered an F-150 pick up truck bed of laundry off my daughter's floor at the old house. Sunday, we went to a laundry mat and washed and separated it all. Most all of it is going to the thrift store.

Yesterday Hubby and I went back and I finished cleaning out her drawers of clothing that doesn't fit. Another 3 hours of work. So now just about everything is ready for next weekend when hubby will take the truck and a friend to get her furniture.

He'll be the kind guy taking all that stuff into the thrift store today. That's a big job too.

So all I want to do today is sit on my butt and relax....

Hugs all,

3. colorfulcolorado

colorfulcolorado New Member

Today we went to the High School drag races near our house, it was fun. This kid we know won a trophy for best looking car and lots of other stuff. No he didn't win but he sure had fun, grinning from ear to ear! He lost when there were only 16 cars left. He even gave me a ride in his race car, that was awesome! Now he'll be on his way to MIT.

Tuesday back to work:eek:(

Grey- hope you have fun in Kentucky!

Gran- glad to hear you are having a great time with your grandson, and you should stay longer! Little ones can bring life to everyone around them!

Thursday- plan on watching FOOTBALL!! I'm so glad that the regular season is here! I go through major withdrawals after the super bowl! Then look forward to Aug for the preseason and now game one on Thursday! I think my team plays on Monday night thou, I don't have schedule up yet.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!! Take care![This Message was Edited on 09/01/2008]
  4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Sweetie & I went to his father's house for a BBQ yesterday and, after dinner, I took his father's four-wheel scooter for a test drive. I really loved it! I rode around the cul-de-sac with such a great sense of freedom; knowing it would kill me to walk that far with my walker.

By the time, I finished the test-drive I'd made up my mind to start saving up for one of my own. I'm not 'disabled enough' to get support from the province for one (they helped with the purchase of my walker and told me then if a person was able to walk to their mailbox, they were too 'able' for a scooter or electric wheelchair). They cost about $36,000 new but sweetie's father got his used for $16,000. A lot of money - but how wonderful to have that level of mobility!

GreyGoddess, I hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip to Kentucky.

Grammy, it seems you're having a great time getting to know your newest grandchild. Your picture of the sleeping family is a perfect representation of 'life with baby.'

Nancy, what a lot of work in such a short span of time! You must be exhausted but very pleased to have the work behind you. It's nice you're able to donate so much to the thrift store and thereby bless others. Enjoy your rest today!

Colourful Colorado, A day at the high-school drag races sounds like a great deal of fun! I've never heard of a high-school sponsoring such an event - cool that you got a ride!

I'm sorry you're in a flare, Linda, though I'm glad to know your mom's feeling a bit better. I had a heck of a time with those lyrica-type meds and so I wouldn't be surprised if they were the culprit in your mother's ill-health. I hope you enjoy a restful day!

- swiffer floors
    - empty waste baskets
    - water plants
    - make dinner, spinach & pasta casserole
    - Weight-Watchers
    - to the pat store for turtle food

Good news: Our washroom is finished! It's just lovely and, aside from being too small for a whirlpool bathtub, it's my dream washroom!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

My hubby is gone this week to help his mother again. She said that now it is finally time for her to move out of her house and that she needs more care. We know of a place available in our town, but she hasn't decided WHERE she will live yet. So hubby and his brother are there and waiting for the go-ahead. She has major trouble with decisions, and right now she's more than a little overwhelmed, so nothing would surprise me. She may change her mind and just stay in her house, which would be frustrating. We'll see what happens.

Anne Theresa- I lost a little bit more this week at Weight and I should inspire each other. I love the Weight Watcher you have the pizza one? It has some good vegetarian recipes as well.

Linda and Nancy- I hope you both are starting to feel better. Cooler weather would help, although I don't know what the weather is in Stuttgart! It is cooling off nicely is a beautiful time of year.

To Do:
    School is starting some planning to do!
    Clean and vaccuum before piano students arrive.
    Can a few more tomatoes.

Did any of you see Bill Camo's tomatoes? Definitely prizewinners......

6. colorfulcolorado

colorfulcolorado New Member

The high school doesn't sponsor this, it a real race track and a bunch of kids or young adults(in high school) get to race their race cars that are worth thousands of dollars or their everyday cars just to see how fast they can go down the raceway. Its timed and everything just like on TV!
    PS...that spinach and noodle caserole sounds good!!![This Message was Edited on 09/02/2008]
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I wasn't at work yesterday. Harry left me and said he was going to live in his semi for awhile. I can't imagine he will be able to do that very well for long. Of course I am devastated and a wreck. My FMS went through the roof yesterday and I've been an emotional wreck.

I hated to call in sick to work, but there was no way I could go. I managed to see my counselor yesterday, which was a help.

Harry said I have just worn him down. I change my mind too much and my health problems are just too much for him-they are neverending! And now I can't hear and can't see! As if I can do anything about them! It's not been a picnic for me either!

I know I have things with this marriage I need to work on, too. He wants more sex and I need to give him that. But if he isn't going to accept me with FMS, I don't know what to do. He's forgetting his wedding vows: "in sickness and in health". He suffers from depression and I have to put up with that. I know it hardly compares with all I have.

I've been talking with friends and a few family members. Some have said he's being abusive to me and I have to agree. Calling me names and laughing about it is abusive. He said that once I read this book about how women should treat men by Dr. Laura and once my counselor and I go over it together, then he will go to my counseling sessions. So my counselor and I covered the first chapter yesterday. Fortunately it's not a large book.

Well, I have to go. Sorry I'm not responding to anyone. My mind is in a whirl and I feel so overwhelmed and depressed. I don't know how I would support myself if we get divorced.

8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Ellen, my love, I wish I could be there to give you a hug. What a terrible time you must be having and of course, your FMS will be through the roof. I don't know what to say, though I've experienced two failed marriages and I can somewhat relate to what you are going through. Harry's conditional agreement to go to counseling, is a good thing, I suppose and it will give you a greater chance of resolution if that's what you want.

Of course you can't help but worry about the future and questions about how you'll support yourself must be paramount. If at all possible, please hand those concerns over to God and let yourself focus on the here and now; getting through the day, getting back to work, making & eating nutritious meals, doing laundry, following your healthy routines. Do you have a friend - Vanessa? - that you can spend time with; perhaps go out to a movie or out for dinner? It may sound trivial in light of the circumstances but sometimes doing those normal things, even going to the mall, can help you cope with crisis.

Have you ever tried the Bach Flower Remedies? You can google for info and find them in most health food stores. They're quite inexpensive and in my opinion, effective. If you're at all interested in trying this product, I'd recommend you get some 'rescue remedy' as it's intended to help you through a period of shock and crisis. It's not at all like taking a tranquilizer, but it will work in a subtle way to bring you back to a healthy state. God bless you, I wish I had more to give but please know I'm here for you and that you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Terri, congratulations on your weight-loss this week. I was down 2.2 lbs and happy with that. Cookbook wise, I have the WW Vegetarian (I special ordered it from a bookstore and I just love it!) and a new one called Best Eats. I also love their cookbooks. I've not seen the pizza one but it sounds like fun. I'll miss next week's meeting due to my trip to Indiana but I hope to show a loss the following week. Most important is my goal to walk daily - without that I can't lose. I'm glad your mom-in-law has decided to accept help and I hope the right arrangements can be made. This must be hard on the family, my thoughts & prayers are with you.

Colourful, thanks for the clarification about the drag races. I've never been to a drag race but I think it would be awesome fun!

To Do List

- clean kitchen counter & sinks
    - swiffer floors
    - empty wastebaskets
    - walk
    - make dinner
    - read & relax
    - shower & shampoo

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all..... I'm a bit surprised by the news...but not really. It seems like this problem has been boiling for awhile now.

Yes, Harry has his own set of problems as do you, but it's not right to take them out on you, nor is it right to make your life harder or more difficult because of things you have no control over.

As with another similar situation that I'm dealing with, he seems to be pointing out your faults in order to disregard his own....that's not nice.

Keep going to your need someone safe to talk things over with.

Sex is something that comes naturally...if he's acting like an arse, it's kind of hard to get into the mood to be loving. Sometimes in a long term loving relationship, sex just goes by the wayside when both partners are dealing with other problems in their lives. (getting pretty rare around here too, but hubby's ill and I'm exhausted so no worries)

He's again putting conditions on counseling sessions and that's not right. Does it always have to be his way?

Women often wonder how they'd live with out the income of their partners. Once upon a time, I left my ex with $8.00 and a half a box of diapers....I made it.

They do have to pay....even Katy's supposed to get $1,000.00 a month although he's only giving her $200-300 per month right now.

You have so many decisions to make, but you don't have to make all of them right now. Just one at a time.....focus on calm healing thoughts, get some sleep and be good to yourself right now. You DESERVE it!!!

Terri, I hope things go well with your MIL....hopefully she'll choose to live closer to the ones who love and take care of her.

Linda, sorry to hear your in a flare...also glad your Mom is feeling a bit better.

As for me, I'm still exhausted but need to vacuum the entire house today. My housekeeper's coming and her shoulder hasn't gotten any better yet. I hate to hear her gasp in pain.

Katy seems to be slipping away a bit each day, but she has so many worries on her head. Her husband is leaving for awhile (militarily) and she's very worried that something will happen to him and not sure of how she'll handle it. I can tell that she's reaching the point of almost too much on her shoulders again.

Hugs all and hope to hear from the rest of our group soon.

10. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Well, I'm feeling a bit more hopeful today. Thanks as always for your kind words and support. I'll keep you updated as to what is going on.

Last night I left a message on his cell phone about wanting to work things out and talking whenever he is ready and how I am reading the book he gave me and I see things in there that I need to work on. I also said that the therapist and I are going through the book and that when we are done, he and I need to go to counseing together as we both have things to work on. I guess that must have done something because he came home sometime in the night. I think I told everyone before we sleep in separate bedrooms so it's hard for me to know. It's just something we agreed on since his snoring bothered me and all my pillows and moving around and snoring bothered him. We decided that a good night's sleep was more important than sleeping together.

So this morning I kissed him good morning and he sat up in bed when I went to leave to kiss me goodbye and he said it was nice to be home. I fixed him his lunch and he said he would be home for dinner. I didn't think that living in the semi would last too long. Also, I saw that he came home yesterday morning while I was at work and took a shower.

Now on to my eyes. I went to the opthamalogist yesterday and told him I can't see well with these glasses. He tested my eyes and was amazed that in just a few months and much my eyes have changed, especially the right eye. He's an older doctor and he said he's never seen anything like this before. I explained to him about FMS and how this can affect our eyes and he was honest and said he hadn't heard of this before. He said he was going to have me come in over the next several weeks and keep checking my eyes to see if they continue to change and hopefully they will stop before the warranty on my glasses runs out.

Grey Goddess: I know you are gone now, but I hope you are enjoying your trip to Kentucky. It's always nice to get away.

Grammy: It sounds like you are really enjoying your new grandson. That's great that you are taking pictures and including mom and dad, too!

Colorful Colorado: My husband is a big race fan. We live about a half hour from Michigan Intern'l Speedway, although will all the hassles of traffic, we never go to the races. We just watch them on TV.

Linda: I'm so glad your mother is better. That's, too, for your kind words.

Terri: I think it must be hard for older people to decide whether or not to move out of their houses. I'm sure if it was me, I would have a hard time moving out of my house that I've lived in for a long time. I'm sure your MIL is going through the same problem, although it doesn't make it any less frustrating for you.

Nancy: That must have been so scary for you to be on your own with so little money after your marriage failed. I know deep down that I could somehow make it, but it doesn't make it any less scary. But, of course, my number one goal right now is to make my marriage work. I still love this man and I know he loves me. We would be lost without eachother. But we do have a lot of work to do. I know that. I'm sorry that Katy seems to have slid backwards here, but I'm sure that is normal. She has a lot of time to sit and think and maybe that's not good. I find that keeping busy like going to work is good for me.

Anne Scooter: I love the way you say things. You always find just the right way to say things when you want to comfort someone. You have the perfect way with words. That's one thing I have always liked about you. As for the scooter, I can tell you that I really love mine! But I can't imagine why you have to spend so much money for it. We bought mine used, although it was really new. A man bought it for his mother, she got sick right away so she never used it. And we only paid $1,000! Not the $36,000 you are talking about spending! Why so much? Mine has two wheels on the back and one in front. I think the weight limit is 250 pounds. It's called a Pride scooter. Don't buy a new one. There are a lot of nice used ones out there and you can save a lot of money.

Speaking of weight, I got weighed this week and I've lost more weight! I haven't been weighed in two months and I've lost 10 more pounds! I'm now down to 184! So I've lost 41 pounds! My top weight was 225.

To-do list:

-pool therapy class
    -vacuum porch
    -clean laundry tub
    -leftovers for dinner
    -long nap

11. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Ellen, I'm glad things are working out for you and congratulations on the weight loss!

I'm still losing as well, but I just call it the stress diet. I'll talk to my doc about my weight loss next week, since I'm not trying at all.

Anne Theresa, sorry I forgot you yesterday...but Ellen said it all for me. Keep looking, nothing but a Volvo or Mercedes should cost that much.

Katy and I have a few errands to run on base today so that should keep me busy. Her debit card expired so they'll make her a new one on base.

Not sure about plans for the weekend. We were going to pick up her dressers on Sat but it's supposed to be raining so we may put that off a week.

Hugs all,

12. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

A quick note, as it is crazy busy today....

Mother has decided now that she will move out to Washington.....I'm really surprised, but glad. We can actually help her in her remaining time and that is so much better than phone calls. Today I will go over with her first month's rent at the senior apartment she will be renting. All meals provided, exercise classes, friendship- we think it sounds great. I hope she will adjust.

Ellen- glad that your hubby has agreed to counseling. I hope he sticks with it- it takes two to make it work. It shouldn't be all up to you. Fantastic weight loss! I hope to lose that much......

Sorry not to have time to address all of you, but I'm off and running.
  13. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Well, things have taken a turn for the things marriage wise. Harry has taken out a separate checking account and will be having his paychecks go into this account. Even though he makes a lot more money than I do, he is saying that we will be splitting the bills 50-50. I just now got my first partial paycheck (for six days work) which my net pay is just under $500.00. We have taxes that are due that are $1,000.00 by Sept. 15th. I don't have $500.00.

He says he wants things separate so that I can pay for my "hobbies" separately and he doesn't have to pay for them with his money. By this he means the cats' food, cat litter, vet bills (I don't take them often to the vet), the flowers I buy for the yard once a year, the $55.00 I pay every nine weeks for the pool for my fibromyalgia therapy (he doesn't like it how I occasionally miss my class so that's why he won't pay for it), and the bird seed I buy for feeding the birds.

When I asked him how I am supposed to pay for half the bills when I don't make enough to do this and also the fact that I don't work during the summer, all he says is that I will get half of everything when we get divorced. This isn't really answering my question and I think that he is really being quite negative to automatically assume we are getting divorced.

Now he is also changing his mind on our agreement on the counseling. I am going over the Dr. Laura Schlessinger book with my counselor as we agreed and when we are done, he is supposed to start going to counseling with me. Now he says he will go once alone. Then he said he will go three times alone then go with me. How can I trust him when he keeps changing what he promises me?

I told him we need to stop the negativity and work on our marriage, but I can't do it alone. Right in the middle of his being angry, I surprised him by walking up to him and giving him a hug and a kiss. It surprised him and momentarily stopped the anger. I agree I acted pretty crazy this week, but he did, too. I told him we both need to get our heads on straight and start working together. We both keep telling eachother we love eachother. I told him that as long as there is love in a marriage, then there is still hope in saving it.

I have to admit that I am dreading the weekend. Please pray for us, girls, that this weekend goes okay. I don't think I could stand another one like last week.

14. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Linda, I hope you're in the midst of a restful weekend, as planned. That flare of yours is sure stubborn. I know what it's like; fueled by a lack of sleep, it becomes a vicious pain cycle, on and on and on it goes. It's hard to live this way, isn't it? I hope you get a break from pain and have an enjoyable visit with your mom.

Nancy, I hope Katy is able to avoid a personal crisis, owing to the stress she's experiencing & concerns about her husband going away. Your own stress level needs to be dealt with as well, lest you waste away with unintended weight loss. I'm also someone who has to work to manage stress. I get sick to my stomach and worse if I let the worries mount.

Terri, I'm so glad your mom decided to move to Washington and will be residing in a senior's community. This seems like the best possible decision for all involved. You and your husband must feel very relieved and happy to know you'll be close at hand.

Ellen, Harry's plan to change your household financial structure is absurd. Of course you can't pay half the expenses, given the disparity in your income. Hopefully, this topic (and any other outrageous propositions) can be brought to couple's counseling - that way you'll have the counselor's support to introduce a more compatible model for household finances; one that would meet both your needs. You are in my prayers and I hope your weekend goes smoothly.

Grammy, Welcome Home! Your grandson sounds lovely - I'm glad you had some quality time with him. I can imagine how difficult it must have been for you to witness your son behaving poorly toward his wife. I hope your upcoming conversation with him has an impact. Especially now, with a new baby, a healthy marriage is important.

Plans for today

write our instructions for pet care
    pick-up & tidy
    read & rest

God bless,
    Anne Theresa