To Do List Dec 7 to Dec 14

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Dec 7, 2009.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I love the new place! It's very spacious and looks great with our mish-mash of furnishings.

My sister and I went for the inaugural swim and a soak in the hot-tub yesterday. It was divine and the hot-tub was a real help for my sore back.

I've walked more this last week (with the mall etc. so close) than I have in a long time. Between that and my good intention for the building's gym & swimming pool, I'm sure to improve my fitness level. For the first time in a long time, I feel optimistic, in that regard.

To-Do Today

go to grocery store & dollar store
    catch up on email
    vacuum & dust
    make dinner
    read & watch TV

I look forward to hearing from each of you,

God bless,

2. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Whew! What a day. It rained over an inch here and that's a BIG deal! I had to drive my dog for his cancer treatment and it took me about 1 1/2 hours to get there when it usually takes about 35 minutes. Skeeter's lymphocite count looks good in the blood but the ultrasound on his stomach showed an increase in size of the mass:( So we are going to switch chemotherapy drugs. He has been at the hospital all day. My hubby is picking him up now!

So I drop off Skeeter and the lady at the front desk who has always been friendly with me asked me "So are you pregnant?" I said No! Apparently the stress of the last year and my increase in drinking wine has caused me to appear as though I were preganant! Yikes! I wear a size 4 but the weigh has all gone to my belly (blush). I was ticked off at her comment all day. But I have to get me-self to the gym or something.

Early this morning my hubby gets a call that the guy who was going to host the cub scout den meeting would not be able to do it. So there was no other day, no other way; we had to host tonights meeting. I was not happy! My son was absolutely off the wall on sensory overload. He couldn't participate in some of it and was climbing all over people on the sofa. I had to pull him off several times and my hubby interupted his talk many times to take care of Liam and this is WHILE I WAS HELPING.

Other big deal is that we (my autism mom friend) and I are going to present to all the second grade classes about Liam's autism. I have had it. I have been asking the school for sensitivity training since our Oct. IEP. My son is absolutely miserable at school and the children need to understand. I also have a letter for the parents explaining autism and for the parents and kids a handout that is appropriate for the children to understand. At this point the problem is not with my son but the lack of inclusive support in the school environment. He is very unhappy there and I'm not happy either. I am about ready to pull him out of school but want to give this a try. My friend did the same talk at her daugter's school and overnight the kids treated her so much better and her daughter's behavior completely improved!

I have been doing some really fun mom things lately in the name of "self-care". I went to a fashion show for the benefit of TACA(for autism) over the weekend. It was really fun. I went to Mom's night out too. I am still high stress though. I have decided to call the new psychiatrist that has been recommended to me. Hard decision. I am also going to call the massage therapist I haven't seen in ages. I am doing the best I can under this crisis situation.

Anne Theresa-Hey thanks for getting the week started for us! I am soooo happy to hear about your new place and how nice it is. I love that you are walking distance to shopping. That's nice. I am glad you are planning to improve the fitness--that is my new goal too!!

My to do list is pretty long so i won't post it but for tonight:

watch The Big Bang Theory (laugh my head off!)
    drink wine
    No laundry (I will not notice the piles upon piles that need to be folded and put away!

I hope to hear from you all soon!!!!

3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all...

Anne Theresa thanks for getting the thread started this week. It's wonderful to hear your new optimism shining through but don't push yourself too hard at first. Enjoy the perks of your new apartment building and just enjoy the fact that they're so close and available for you.

Yesterday I was just flat out sick all day. My son had called at 2:30am (big mistake in time zones) but after the call it was like a cold just hit me like a ton of bricks. (Maybe hadn't sanitized the phone?) So I just ended up in bed all day, not moving...just laying there but that was all I was capable of doing.

Katy started her job training yesterday so she was gone all day long, so definitely not what I intended to do with my first day alone in years without her being in the hospital.

Today she starts work again so I'll have to drive her into base later this afternoon.

I need a shower/shampoo first so that's about it for my plans.

Molly I think your idea sounds wonderful and maybe with the parental hand out they can speak to their kids at home about compassion and understanding. That would be nice....

Hugs all,

4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

and tossing out junk and giving away usable items. Husb got 2 bookshleves moved and he sweeped behind the couch. We now have a place to bring the Christmas stuff in the house so we can go through it all---there are lots of OLD lights that need to be thrown away.

I talked to my downstairs neighbor and he wants to use some of our bigger outside decorations to dress up their porch as a surprise for his wife. And, then I will be able to enjoy them too.

Tomorrow I need to get some Christmas packages in the mail--I am sending boxes of Christmas ornaments to my family & friends--the ones that I have made the past 6 months from beads & wire. I laid them all out on the table tonight to figure out who is getting what and I was amazed at how many I had made this year.

I have a corner in the living room I need to get cleaned out as that is where our Christmas tree is going on the end table. That way it is much easier to water it from a chair and not get down on my hands & knees.

Well, its getting late, so I had better get to bed--tomorrow is a busy day--working both jobs.
  5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Molly, I think it's great that you're going to make a presentation to Liam's peers. I hope it has the intended effect. People are generally kind & inclusive when they understand the issues.

I'm glad you're doing things to counteract the stress in your life, taking care of yourself is the best thing you can do for your family. I find massage therapy very helpful and I was much-helped by a psychiatrist at a time in my life when my own stress was out of control. Improving one's fitness level also has a positive impact on a person's ability to handle stress, so we both stand to gain in that regard.

I have yet to watch the Big Bang Theory but I'll surely watch for it - I love a good laugh.

Nancy, I hope you feel better today. It's amazing how fast we can get hit with something, isn't it? (Like a ton of bricks.) I was hit with a major fatigue today and so I postponed my hair dressers appointment in favour of taking today to rest. Admittedly, I've been going full-steam-ahead since the move so I was due to crash.

I hope Katy enjoys and does well at her new job. It's going to be a change for you to have the place to yourself while Katy's at work; something you'll surely enjoy once you feel better.

Beadlady, it's fun to read about your holiday decorating, particularly since I'm doing very little along those lines myself this year. Rather than host Christmas this year (as I have for 32 years) my son and daughter-in-law are going to 'do' Christmas and so I'll travel up north to spend time with them. It will be a big change for me but this seems to be the year for changes so I might as well take it in stride:)

To-Do Today

REST, read, watch TV
    make dinner
    shower & shampoo

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Katy works every day this week so I'll be taking her into base later today. This is something I'm just not used to doing...being dressed and out and about every day and it's beginning to wear on me.

Yesterday we went to the thrift store, I did some grocery shopping, stopped at our craft store, had lunch out, dropped her off then came home put things away, vacuumed the house, showered, ate then dropped into bed exhausted.

Today I think I'll just drop her off and rest before tired!

Anne Theresa, I highly recommend the Big Bang Theory for some serious laughs, I love that show. It's now in it's third season so maybe getting a dvd of the first two would be nice to curl up with on a cold wintery day. The prices have dropped lately, it was a very expensive show due to it's popularity.

Bead lady, your ornaments sound amazing, wish we could see a picture of them.

Hugs all,

7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Well, I just typed a very long message to all of you and was unable to send it and the computer ran out of time erasing all of it. I'm now at a different computer after having to wait. I just got back from a dr. appt. with my FMS dr. in Ann Arbor and decided I had better stop at the library before heading home before all of you thought I was either dead or had dropped off the earth!

I am going to test this computer to make sure it will save this message before I type must further so here goes...

8. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Okay, I will now begin once more...

Sorry I haven't been on here, but I've been so busy with Christmas preparations, the usual household stuff, plus Jim has not been well the past several weeks. He did have a dr. appt. lately and Dr. Noble changed his medications and already I am seeing a positive change. Dr. Noble did tell Jim, though, that with his increased communications lately with Don, that this is not helping his behavior and his unhappiness problems. Of course Jim didn't agree and she said that they will just have to agree to disagree. Of course the rest of us in the room agreed with Dr. Noble.

Harry wasn't being gone much overnight until this week when he has been gone three nights in the row! I haven't seen him since Monday so I have had Jim spend the past two nights with me. We've been listening to Christmas music and he watched me wrap Christmas presents last night and work on Christmas cards. I still have a few more presents to wrap, a few more cards to write notes in and the basement to decorate as that is where we will be entertaining on Christmas day.

Except for one small incident, Jim did really well during his stay. When he was doing really badly, he was shaking bad, having panic attacks, wanting to go to the hospital, etc. We went out to lunch a couple of times, including one restaurant in Tecumseh he's never been to that I keep telling him I'm going to take him to one day. He really liked it. He also needed some news things so we did some shopping-underwear, totes, new alarm clock.

My FMS doctor wants me to have some blood work as it's been awhile. I am also going to have my cholesterol checked and a bone density test-something I've never had and I think I should at my age. I think my bones are probably strong since I watch my diet and exercise, but you never know.

We've had very little snow here which is fine with me, but it has snowed all around us.

Anne Marie: I am so glad you are settled in your new place and that you like it. I would love the hot tub and the exercise room, too. I'm sure it will be helpful for your weight loss program.

Nancy: I hope Katy's new job goes well, but it's too bad you have to drive her. Can she not drive? Or is it that she doesn't have a driver's license for Germany?

Molly: I hope that the letters will help Liam's situation and help everyone understand autism.
    If you can afford it, it would be great for you to get back into massage. I have had it before and once I even fell asleep during it! It's so relaxing!

Beadlady: I'm sure that everything you make is so beautiful! You reminded me that I have two gifts that still need to go out, but at least they are local. They go to my great-niece and great-nephew.

Well, let's hope this message get's sent now. Take care everyone and I will try and get better about getting on here. Next week shouldn't be as busy as the past several weeks have been.