To Do List Feb 23 to March 1

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Feb 25, 2009.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

This is my third to do post for this week....Let's hope this one stays put because I'm beginning to get annoyed.

Didn't get anything done today was too fact, I'm on my way back to bed again.

Hugs all,

2. PainPainGoAway

PainPainGoAway New Member

Nancy, yep, I was on last night when it all went poof...all gone. Hope you got some rest...I am thinking of you and all the rest on here...all her posts are gone too.

Take Care,
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

We are in Idaho and enjoying ourselves. The boys did math this morning, now they are swimming. Rough schedule, eh? Then we plan to look up some old friends of ours from 30 years ago.....we have seen them a bit over the years, but always enjoy the chance to get together.

Nancy, when does your hubby get home? I think he was out of town.....

Ellen, please let us know how you are doing. I know you are home (and in a clean house!) but feel free to write if you feel up to it!

We have fresh snow here today, so our outings will be a bit harder walking. Good exercise.

Take care everyone,
  4. greygodess

greygodess New Member

Nancy, I am sory to hear you are so tired. Get the rest you need.

Same old stuff. Bowling, nature center. The deer are gone for the winter so it is kind of boring there now. Just give it a few months and the critters will be back. I started going for walks yesterday. Walked the nature center and then today took the dogs out. They get bored too. Now that they have smelled and peed on everything they are much happier.

Getting more stuff done around the house now that my heart is beating normal. Energy level much better. Crocheting an afghan. Just regular stuff. Godbless
  5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello friends. This has been a strange week, both on a personal level, and then with Grammy27 walking through my mind; so many loose ends that are left to tangle and remain that way. I give it all to God.

Terri, I'm glad you're having a fun time. A change of pace is always nice. A few days in a nice hotel can be a real treat for children. Especially when there's a pool!

Nancy & Cindy, I know you're both feeling a particular grief, sadness and anger at the injustice of losing such a dear friend. I've been feeling the same way.
    Sweetie and I went to see CATS on Monday night and we left early at intermission, (I've NEVER left any sort of performance early!) because it felt wrong to be there with my head so filled with Grammy. It's only today that I felt able to put my grief, anger and curiosity into a box and hand it over to God.

Sweetie got off work several hours early today and so we're going to go to the show.
    I've wanted to see the 3-D animation Coroline for the past few weeks but whenever we've had the time to go I haven't felt well enough, and then, when I feel well enough, we wouldn't have the time to go. Today it seems all my ducks are in a row so I may just get to see a bit of quality animation.

I have a few hours before the show so I'm going to swiffer/mop the floors. Then I'll make a little something for our dinner (veggie pot pie made with bisquick) eat & then maybe I'll have time for a little rest before we leave.

Enjoy the weekend!

God bless,
  6. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Nancy I posted my own post about my FIL because I was worried they might erase it on a "to do" post. Is there any way my post about my FIL can be moved up here?

If not I would really appreciate if you would take a peek at my post about my FIL because he was very special.

We just told our 6 yo son and he cried and cried and said this is the worst day of my life! We are going over to MIL now to be with her and maybe we will go out to eat later this evening. I am bringing all of Liam's jammies. i have a feeling we will stay awhile.

P.S. i'll come back to read through your posts tomorrow.
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all.....

Yes it's been a very long and strange week this week.

Molly, I'm so sorry for your loss....and if you want to copy/paste your post here on this thread that shouldn't be a problem.

The problem with PH deleting this thread this week was because Grammy was a previously banned member of PH so all of her threads were deleted. It's a shame, but it is against the rules to come back with another name. At least we were blessed with her sense of humor for awhile again.

Terri, I hope you continue to enjoy your trip....and yes, my hubby's gone until next Thursday (I think)

Grey, I'm glad your heart's beating properly, the things we take for granted on a daily basis. I had written you on last week's post but you may not have seen it. Do deer tracks have both a left and right track? Or are they a single line? We had some interesting tracks outside my door when it snowed last week but they were in a single line so I'm not sure what they were.

Ellen, I hope you continue to heal and that you'll get a chance to come back and let us know how you're doing.

Anne Theresa, bless you dear woman, you must have been terribly upset to leave Cat's.....I know the feeling, but lucky for me, shopping did the trick. It felt like when I stopped moving the grief would just hit me upside the head and I didn't know what to do with it.

Linda, yes it was the same person who posted on this thread and we miss her dearly. Glad you could stop by and post.

Cindy, I hope you continue to post here, great group of ladies.

Not sure what I'll be doing today. Katy had an episode again 2 days ago, it was out of the blue. We had been having a lovely time together.

If we get bored, I have many errands to run as always when my husband is gone.

Hugs all,

8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Greygoddess, I'm glad you've started walking - good for you! I'm hoping for an early spring so I can do the same. I always feel so cooped-up over the winter. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Molly, I'm sorry about your loss. My heart goes out to Liam, loosing his grandpa. Take good care over the next few days.

Hugs to you, Linda. Grammy27 touched our hearts and will be greatly missed.

Nancy, I'm sorry Katy's experienced another episode. It's a shame that psychiatric medications (in general, not just hers) are not more effective in the prevention of episodes.

When I worked in the mental health field, I once attended a conference where a speaker said that psychiatry is still a new medicine. Compared to physical medicine, he said, psychiatry is at the same stage as physical medicine was when it used to practice blood-letting. That was a real eye-opener for me.

I hope this episode is short-lived and doesn't take too much out of you.

Today is my manicure appointment - thank goodness because I missed my last appointment and now my nails are long and ragged, with two of them broken. While I'm out, I may do a bit of shopping, or not, depending on how I feel.

The house is messy, I'll do a bit before I go and some when I get home:

Friday To Do List

clean kitchen
    swipe washroom
    swiffer/mop kitchen floor
    organize mail
    pay bills online
    make bed
    tidy living room
    put books on shelf
    replace candles

This list will take me into the weekend.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  9. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I had posted on here earlier in the week (Monday) but with everything going on with Grammy, I hear that the original post got deleted. For those who didn't see that post, I am doing fine from my surgery. The pain is much better now, although I still need my pain meds and I tire easily. But I think I will be ready to go back to work on Monday. Next week is mid-semester break, so I'm not sure what there will be for me to do since the students and professors will be gone. Maybe I will leave early some days. I do have lots of vacation time to use and hate to lose it. I just don't want to take time off next week after being off this week.

I saw Jim on Wednesday. We had lunch together and he helped me get groceries. I also ran a couple of errands and went to church before I saw Jim to get my ashes since it was Ash Weds. I had to cut our time together a little short as I was really getting tired.

Harry was off work yesterday and he drove me to the doctor's to get the bandage off my head. Now I just have this little screw with a white plastic thing covering it. I can't wear my hearing aid for another two months as my skull has to grow around the screw first. I am so anxious to wear it, but I will have to be patient.

As for Grammy, how were we informed of her death? Did her husband tell us? How did she die? I am just curious. I had no idea that she was banned from here. I just hope her husband had nothing to do with her death.

Nancy: I'm sorry that Katy is going through another bad spell. Jim did really well on Wednesday. He seemed happier. These OCD people are so changeable. Their moods are so up and down as you know.

Molly: I am so sorry about your FIL and for Liam. It is so hard on children. They have such a hard time understanding death. My two great-nephews are going to be losing their grandmother soon-she has just weeks to live. I really feel for them. They have never experienced death before. I really feel for your little boy, too.

Anne Theresa: Were you able to get to the movies? FMS makes it so hard to do things sometimes as we all know. If you were able to go, I hope you enjoyed the movie. I have a couple of movies I've been wanting to see.

Greygoddess: I love to go walking to. I can't wait until the weather here gets nicer so I can get outside again and walk around the neighborhood. We also have some walking trails not too far from our home.

Terri: Sounds like you are as busy as ever with your twins. Does your older son still have the girlfriend who lives far away?

To-do list:

-lunch out with my girlfriend (done)
    -pick up pain prescription
    -finish washing sheets and towels
    -fix dinner
    -dust bedroom
    -check e-mails

Next time you hear from me I will be back to work. See you then!