To do list for October 6th - 12th

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by greygodess, Oct 6, 2008.

1. greygodess

greygodess New Member

Haven't been here for awhile. I have been busy getting some things done. Last week I made a Cinderella costume for our 4 year old grandaughter, Abby.
    Just needs a hem. I also fringed and knotted a double sided fleece blanket for a silent auction. The week before I finished a scarf and hat for a mini bazaar for church. I haven't even had time to get my fall clothes out and it is getting to the point that I need them.

This week will be another busy one.

Monday: Bowl
    Tuesday: dr. appt and Nature Center
    Wed: Dentist appt
    Thursday: Help set up for the mini bazaar and bake something to sell there.
    Friday: Help at the bazaar and then a dinner dance in the evening.
    Saturday: Nothing so far
    Sunday: Church and grandaughter Kylie's birthday.

I'm exhausted just reading that. Then it starts all over again. I am hoping to get some yard work in before the snow flies.

Hope you all have a great week. Godbless
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Thanks for getting the thread started Grey...and your list does sound exhausting.

Katy had another appt today and it's official, she has Fibro too although we've known it for about 4 years. It just doesn't sit high on our priority list unfortunately.

We had to stop by base afterwards to give her doc the information and somehow we managed to be driving through a parking lot while her husband was standing there. It was the first time she's seen him since the night soon after she got out of the hospital and he told her it was over....very difficult moment.

I managed not to drive over him as I thought I might but it probably wouldn't have been a good idea with her in the car.

She then had an anxiety attack at the Shoppette, but managed it. And we ended the afternoon by watching the Sex in the City movie which was nice.

I cooked spaghetti for dinner which was nice and easy.

I think we're taking a down day tomorrow.

Hugs all,

3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello Greygoddess & Nancy & those who follow.

I had a nice day yesterday; sweetie & I went to the movies & saw Ghost Town. Afterward, we did some grocery shopping, then took a cab home.

I've done a bit of tidying around the house, now I'm going to get dressed and go for a walk. When I get home, I'll make something easy for our dinner, then spend a relaxing evening at home. A nice & quiet day, just what I need.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I just realized I haven't been on here since last Weds. They have been keeping me so busy at work I haven't had much time to talk to all of you.

Now I am taking a free online 5-6 hour Excel course. I assume it's on my own time. I came into work an hour early with the idea of getting an hour done on it. But it didn't work out that way. They had a five minute survey I had to take first and of course instructions to read. After that my computer acted up and the screen froze and I was never able to get into the course, which was very frustrating. I think I will try to get back into it later. You can go in and out of the course as much as you want as long as you get it done within two weeks.

The Art Dept. changed my hours as of this week, which means I am staying longer into the day, which I don't like and I have to take a half-hour lunch now. And I don't start until 9:00 instead of 8:00. The one good thing is that I have gained two hours a week, which is nice. A little extra money.

So far I've been disciplined and still get up at the old time and go things around the house as it is hard I have found to get things done when I don't get out until 2:30 in the afternoon, especially on the days when I have pool therapy class as I don't get home until after 4:00. It's amazing how much I can get done in an hour. Sometimes I even run some errands. Quite a few businesses are open before 9:00.

Harry and I and doing well. He took me out for lunch on Sunday and he said it was in appreciation for all the things that I do. I about fell off my chair! I thanked him for recognizing what I do at work and home and I told him I would always remember what he said! For my part I have been remembering for show him extra affection and we spend extra time in the bedroom!

I went to the doctor yesterday and my colonoscopy is set for November 5th. My father-in-law is taking me so Harry won't have to take time off from work. He doesn't have sick time so he loses income when he takes time off. I'm sure this bleeding is probably nothing, but it will be nice to get the results.

Grammy: I'm so sorry you have a mouse in your house! I think mice are kind of cute, but not inside your house! Too bad you don't have a cat. My female cate isn't much of a hunter, but my two males would have caught it by now. You'll probably have to set up a trap.

Anne Theresa: Is Ghost Town a scary movie? I'm guessing it's not as I'm thinking you said you didn't like scary movies. Thanks for all the kind words you said last week about me getting frustrated about having to go to the doctors all the time. I would love having a break from it, but for now, I guess I will just have to except it.

Nancy: I'm so sorry you both have to run into (pun intended!) Katy's husband. It was the last thing that either of you needed.

Grey Goddess: I understand having a busy week. Sometimes I feel like I am in a tornado!

To-do list:

-pool therapy class
    -cook's night off (I have several TV shows I like to
    watch on Tuesday nights so I am taking tonight off)
    -a long nap
    -send in a rebate for our dishwasher (done)
    -order a new electric blanket from J.C. Penney through
    their website and have it sent to our house (done)

Yesterday was so hectic that I am going to relax more today after I get home.

5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Grammy, I know you're upset about having mice in the house but I had to laugh at your post and the notion of your dogs sleeping through all the commotion. I hope you get rid of the mice soon so you can have some peace. I'm glad your new teeth are fitting so well and allowing you to eat without pain. I'll be very glad to have mine, my lower teeth are aching constantly now and I can only chew on a very small area of one side.

Grammy & Ellen to answer your question about Ghost Town. Ghost Town was a lovely movie, set in autumn in New York (some lovely shots of the changing colours). It's about a dentist who dies (for seven minutes) during a routine medical procedure and is revived only to find that he can see & talk to dead people. The dead - realizing he can see and hear them - are after him to do favours, to help them finish their unfinished business. Very funny, I'd highly recommend it.

Ellen, it sounds like things are going well with you, your job and relationship. Health-wise, I'm glad you've responded to the bleeding and have a colonoscopy scheduled. It's likely nothing major but better to be safe and check it out, early intervention being the best course of action should something be amiss.

Nancy, I hope you're having a restful day today, after all your running around yesterday. My heart goes out to Katy, having fibromyalgia on top of her other health issues. I think there's a strong case to be made for FMS being hereditary - I know of a few mother/daughters who have the illness. Take good care.

Grey-goddess, I hope you're having fun in the midst of your busy day.

I took a down-day yesterday, I didn't get out for my walk as intended due to a headache that put me in bed for most of the afternoon. I feel better today and I'm looking forward to getting out for my weight-watchers meeting. First, a shower & shampoo, then I need to tidy the house a bit, make bed, empty wastebaskets, swiffer floors, put dishes away, clean kitchen counters & sink.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Linda, it was great to hear from you and thanks for the Birthday Wishes...although we don't have anything planned. We seem to be quite broke since Katy moved in and my husband's 50th is on the 18th and I don't even have anything planned for him. I also forgot my Dad's birthday is in 2 weeks..

I'm sorry you've had such a rough month, but so glad you could stop by and let us know what's going on. I hope you're taking some time for yourself while caring for your Mom.

Grammy, I'm with you on the mice issue...yuck, eke, ick and for pete's sake, aren't animals supposed to take care of this for us? Napping nearby, no treats for you!

Ellen, I hope you get to finish your course soon although you sound very busy. I'm glad Harry's being kind again, you were due...

Anne Theresa, I hope you enjoyed your quiet day...

I think it was Linda who asked about the fall colors....this is the most beautiful showing of fall colors we've had since I got here 5 1/2 years ago. No drought, heatwave to mess things up this year, just the natural, normal progression of leaves changing and it's breathtakingly beautiful.

I'm feeling a bit better than yesterday this morning so I'm not sure what's on my to do list. I think every time we go to the hospital for her appts then on to the base clinic I pick up a cold. Although now that I've remembered my Dad's birthday is coming up a trip to the store for at least a card seems like a good plan.

Hugs all,

7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

Yesterday turned out to be quite a day. Everything seemed to be breaking down. First, I woke up and was cold and I realized my electric blanket wasn't working. I couldn't get it to work so I ordered a new one. They aren't cheap either. Then the computer at work kept acting up when I was trying to do the on-line Excel class. I finally got that figured out.

Then I got home and Tuesday night is my night for my television shows. All I got was a showy picture. Our cable company is switching us over to high definition and today was the day. I called them and after a lot of trying things back and forth we finally determined that the problem was that the television wasn't on channel 3. I didn't take it off channel 3 so Harry must have for some reason.

Then the pump that pumps the water out of our laundry tub (we have a well) stopped working. Thank goodness I didn't do a load of laundry-we would have had a flood! We don't have a floor drain in our basement, which I think is strange.

A co-worker has a husband who has a handyman business so I called him this morning and he is going to look at it tomorrow. In the meantime, I can't do any laundry. I guess when it rains, it pours!

So I am praying today that no more machines break down or misbehave!

Today I am picking up Jim after work from the Hope Center as he is spending the night tonight. To make things easy, we will go out for dinner. Harry said he will just pick up something on the way home from work. Tomorrow morning I am taking Jim to the dentist. It's not bothering him, but he cracked a front tooth and I think he should be looked at.

Grammy: I am so sorry that you now have a family of mice, but I guess they do reproduce pretty quickly. I need to send Raymond, my black cat, over. He's quite a hunter. He'd take care of your problem quickly! I'm sure you realize they can be quite destructive, too. If you traps don't work, maybe calling an exterminator might be the answer.

Nancy: Yes, it has been a realief having Harry treating me much better now. I think the key was to treat him with kindness first. You still have two weeks until your father's birthday. Wouldn't there be time to send him something?

Linda: I'm sorry your mother has had such a hard time. That's the way it goes with the elderly. Good days and bad days. Too bad you can't get away on vacation and have some relaxation time.

Anne Theresa: So how is your Weight Watchers going? Are you still taking your daily walks?

To-do list:

-call handyman and schedule motor repair (done)
    -call Melissa at Jim's group home to schedule Jim's bus
    schedule for Thursday (done)
    -pick up Jim at Hope Center after work
    -vacuum hard floors
    -go out to dinner with Jim

8. greygodess

greygodess New Member

That is a good question. I pinned mine but it still is a little baggie on one side. Maybe someone else out there knows the answer to this. Godbless
  9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all,

Wow, where is everyone??

I've had a busy day today. Hubby took the day off from work so together the 3 of us have been doing more organization on the house. We cleaned out our storage closet, gave daughter some space and redid summer to fall clothes for all of us.

Katy did more cleaning on her room and we're starting to get organized with the leftover boxes and things that need to be taken to the thrift store tomorrow. Each thing we did freed up space for something else to finally find a home so all in all, it was a good day.

Hubby and I went to the store and bought Katy a tv and dvd player for her room. She's been stuck watching everything on her laptop so I know it will be nice for her to finally have her own tv to watch back in her space. Eventually we'll get her cable hooked up with the American tv but I think we should swipe the cable box from her husband so we don't have to pay for it. Time for him to provide her with something.

Ellen I hope nothing else breaks down on well.

Grammy, when I was quilting with the sewing machine, I found a gadget that basically puts those plastic thingies like you get with price tags, only smaller to keep the quilt in place while sewing it. This might help with those projects....keeping both sides of the blanket together....Sorry if this doesn't make sense, can you tell I'm tired?

Hugs all,

10. greygodess

greygodess New Member

I asked someone about the blanket and she suggested that you tie every other one and then turn it over and tie the rest. I don't know if that works or not. I think the problem is that the fleece stretches as you knot it. Hope this helps. Godbless