To-do list: June 15 - June 21

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by EllenComstock, Jun 15, 2009.

1. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I didn't see anything posted for this week, so I decided to start it this week. I have just got back from my FMS doctor's appt. in Ann Arbor and decided to stop at the library to use the copier and the computer before heading home.

My doctor and I had to change half of my medications due to my insurance changing tomorrow. Even though Harry's insurance doesn't cover nearly what mine did, I am thankful that I can get on his for only $10.00 a week. Otherwise, the only other option would have been Cobra for $700-$800 a month and that would have wiped us out financially in no time. But the medication changes went better than I expected. I did my homework before the appt. and found that I could stay on half of them at a reasonable price and the rest had to be changed including my morphine. But we found a morphine in the cheapest list that I can take that Dr. Vallance will work the same, but I will just have to take it twice a day instead of once. Then there are a couple of medications that I decided I really don't have to take and should have gone off of them anyway.

They weighed me and I've lost five pounds. I've been on a medication that takes away your appetite, but I'm sure some of it has been the stress I've been under since I lost my job.

On Wednesday I meet with my new counselor at the Michigan Rehabilitation Agency that works with disabled adults in helping them find employment. So I need to work on questions I want to ask. I also got a verification letter from Dr. Vallance to give to them so that's done. On Thursday I meet with the lawyer who comes to the library once a month and will ask him about my firing at work and if I have a case. He is just a general lawyer so even if he thinks I don't have a case, I will still go to the lawyer on Friday. But I need to call my friend Nancy at work and make sure that no other secretaries who work in academic buildings like I did were let go. Last time I checked they weren't because that's what I am basing my case on. But I'm not going to get my hopes up, because I don't want to be in for a big letdown. I know that the College has good lawyers and after years of having a lot of people try to sue them, I'm sure they know what they are doing. I don't know if anyone with a disability has tried anything with them, but they did know I had health problems. I don't think I every told them what my problems were, but there was that newspaper article about me almost two years ago.
    So I need to prepare for the meetings with the lawyers as well. I will be so glad when this week is over. I am just sure the lawyer on Friday is going to tell me I have no case and I will be so disappointed.

I so much want to get back at them for the way they treated me and I think it's ridiculous not having a secretary in my building. Plus, I think they let me go because I was part-time and getting insurance. I have to stop at the College and see my friend, Nancy, and double check to make sure I was the only part-time secretary. I'm almost sure I was. All I have to do is check the directory. Don't get me wrong. I'm not wanting some huge settlement-just enough to cover all the expenses I've incurred now plus some for mental anguish, but mainly I just want my old job back. I've been doing so much praying and asking God to give me the strength to accept whatever the decision is.

We saw my cousin, Keira, and her husband who live in California over the weekend. They have been visiting here in Michigan last week. Keira is quite a musician and has done a lot with it since she's been retired. She went to music camp which is quite famous north of here, but I can't think of the name of it right now. Gunner, her husband, fished while she was at camp. Anyway, my family and them met at a local restaurant on Saturday and had a wonderful reunion. We talked for two hours and had the best time! Keira and I had become especially close since her mom died. I was very close to her mother as well. I wish she lived closer. We call eachother sisters! My own sister, who I rarely see, was there as well. And I did enjoy talking to her. It seemed strange to have all my siblings together. It rarely happens these days.

Anne Theresa: Glad I could be of some help with your scooter. Yes, you are right about me being extra busy these days. I am trying to pace myself, but I have to admit that I have skipped my naps some days, which I know isn't good for me. But I keep reminding myself that some of these things I'm doing will be over soon. Of course the job search will probably take a long time. The county I live in has an unemployment rate of nearly 15%. But I will keep trying. At least I have a year and a half of unemployment benefits and I know I will need it!
    And I am forcing myself to think of all the blessings I have and to turn to my faith and I am praying a lot.

Well, I have lots to do at home so I had better run. I hope everyone is doing okay. I'm not sure if I will get back on here this week or not. Take care.

2. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I'm glad you got your meds sorted out Ellen, and that you have some insurance available through Harry's plan. I've heard it said that looking for a job is a job, in and of itself, and I believe that's true. You're doing a good job of staying focused and organized. Remaining aware of our blessings is a very good stance; the best way to face our daily challenges.

I have some veggies in the crock pot. We'll have soup for dinner and for several days. Aside from making soup, my to-do list is as follows:

swish washroom
    make appointment for nails
    read & write
    clean inside of fridge
    dusting (need help with hard-to-reach places)

God bless,

3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Where is everyone? I hope safe and sound.

Ellen: It is a shame how you've been treated by the college. I too, am glad you have insurance through Harry's plan. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your get together! It is great your cousin and you are close. My younger cousin is my best friend.

AnneTheresa: When you wrote of cleaning your fridge, my heart dropped. LOL! I HATE doing that chore and put it off as long as I can!

I cannot shake this fatigue. I'm not sure I can attributite all to CF. I do things around the house, meet friends to do things, clean the house piece by piece. It's not like I do all of that several days a week. I will be glad to see DR. and hope he/she find something (not something horrid) that can help. I don't like who I've been for weeks. Probably some of the 'guilt' factor you mentioned on another thread, AnneTheresa

Please keep a friend of mine in your thought and/or prayers. We were diagnosed with BC at the same time. She wrote to tell me she has lung cancer. Not breast related cancer. My heart goes out to her..

I wish all of us great days, now and in the future! Even with all of the daily problems!

4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Kim, I'm sorry your fatigue is still such a problem and I hope your doctor's appointmemt is helpful. I'll say a prayer for your friend and trust God will be with her. I know some of our friends here are busy (end of the school year, physiotherapy, etc.) ; safe and sound, just too busy to post.

I'm finished most of my daily chores and so all that's left on today's to-do list is to attend a weight-watchers meeting, then come home to have dinner with sweetie. After dinner, we'll maybe take a walk and/or watch a movie.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  5. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Hi all,
    I'm still here and trying to hang in. I don't know where to begin. I went to the principal last Weds. and he said he could not meet with me but that he or Mrs. B would call me to set something up. My letter was basically alerting them that my son was very fearful of the resource teacher and we needed to know why.

So later that day I receive a call from Mrs. B. She tells me she has no idea why he would be scared and that he doesn't act that way when she sees him. She tells me she doesn't know what to tell you! Soooo freakin 45 minutes later we end the conversation with her telling me that she will tell the principal that she is offering me a new case manager for Liam's IEP. In the conversation she kept saying "What do you want? I cannot change your child into something else. She insinuated that I was unhappy because I wanted a perfect child" Really I wasn't ASKING for anything. Not asking for an aide not asking for her to change my child not wanting a different child than my very own precious child! I was ALERTING them that something is not right and we need to change something to make it better.

Ever since this call I feel emotionally battered and it has been so painful to try to prepare for our meeting with the principal. He can meet with us this Friday morning. We will bring a friend who knows the district and can hopefully be a calm clear help.

I will be calling a lawyer today for a free consultation. I hope to gain some perspective and hope it will empower me. This lawyer used to work for our district and now fights it to get children what they should be getting under the law. She also has a little boy with autism so she gets it from that perspective. So we will see how that goes. I haven't even shared this with my husband yet. Don't want him to flip out unneccesarily.

I'm in such a bad place. Can anyone recommend any girl power movies that I could watch? My behavior supervisor mentioned Steele Magnolias which I have never seen. Any others?

To do:
    Call lawyer
    Record data and write letters to the school district
    I am buried in laundry and dishes so I should do what I can there
    Walk Skeeter (Can I train him to bite Mrs. B's butt(lol)?
    Pick up Liam from KID GENIUS camp at 2
    Liam's therapy at 3 (at least it is in our home)
    No wine this evening. I have to take a break!

OMG I am so out of it I thought I wrote to each of you! Here it is:

Ellen-I'm so so glad you have health insurance. I wish you the best with the lawyer. I am amazed at your strength through this. . . can you throw a little my way?

Anne Theresa-Everytime I see your to do list I think how clean your house must be! My house never gets that kind of attention(lol).

Kim-Fatigue stinks! I hope you can get some help. Sorry about your friend, hugs.

Thanks for listening to me. My mom is unable to help or be supportive of me so i think being able to share this with you all is good.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/17/2009]
  6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Molly, this Mrs. B. sounds simply horrid - the kind of person who can take an issue and twist it into something vile ("I cannot change your child into something else. She insinuated that I was unhappy because I wanted a perfect child"). It's no wonder you feel emotionally battered. I keep thinking of little Liam telling you this woman 'hurts kids self-esteem' and it breaks my heart.

You are doing the right things; calling a lawyer, arranging to bring a friend who knows the district to the meeting on Friday, good work. I'm sure you've seen the film Erin Brockovitch but it might be worth re-watching. The film is about fighting the good fight which is precisely what you're doing. I hope everything goes well on Friday.

I slept in this morning and since then I've been enjoying a restful day. It's pouring rain & cold outside so I feel particularly snug indoors. There's nothing so nice as fleece track pants on a cold & rainy day.

Nancy, are you okay?

To-Do List

swish washroom
    fix towel rack
    pay bills on-line
    put dishes away
    clean counters & sink
    read, write
    watch movie

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Just checking in!

I am worried about Nancy. If you read this, please let us know how you, and your family are.

Molly, I am sorry you are dealing with all of this 'stuff', as usual. Hang in! It must be terribly frustating.

My big plan for today is, take a shower and get cleaned up! I have cleaned everything but the bathrooms, and they will have to wait.

Hoping to see more of you soon!

Take care..

Hugs, Kim
  8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Kim, it's good to hear from you. I'm also worried about Nancy and I hope we hear from her soon. I know how strenuous a shower can seem when fatigue has the upper hand. It does feel good though, the hot water. I hope your day goes well.

My highlight for the day is dinner out with sweetie & friends, followed by a trip to the hardware store. Prior to that I need to do a few things on my to-do list:

put dishes away
    clean sinks & cupboards
    sort laundry
    swish washroom
    shower & shampoo

I've been having a lot of pain lately, mostly my ribs & upper back. I thought I was going to cry during my manicure yesterday - just sitting there was so painful.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  9. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Going through some recipies for our family 'Father's Day' outing hosted by our DD and her DH, tomorrow. It's supposed to be sunny but very HUMID! You'll find me in any place that has AC! LOL Jim and I miss our dad's on this day, but we are very happy to celebrate our SIL and Jim....especially with our new grandson! I know our dad's would be in love with him!

Slowly gaining some strength. I've done so little for over a month and am taking it one day at a time. DH is grocery shopping for me today. He is a wonderful person. I will be making several dishes.

My thoughts are with you all.. I sure wish we knew what was going on with Nancy. I know we all do.

Hugs to all,

10. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I'd hoped to run some errands today but it's raining. My scooter can't get wet, I don't feel like walking in the rain and my monthly taxi budget is running low, so I it looks like I'm staying home today. Maybe the sun will come out later in the day.

I hope you have a nice father's day tomorrow, Kim. Your DH sounds like my Sweetie, always willing to lend a hand and, when I'm feeling poorly, he does more than his share.

Nancy, you're in my thoughts & prayers and Molly I hope everything went well on Friday.

To-Do Today

empty wastebaskets
    dust living-room
    read, write
    watch TV, a movie?
    put laundry away

God bless,
    Anne Theresa