TO DO LIST Monday Nov. 7 -Sunday Nov. 13

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Nov 7, 2005.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Good afternoon/morning to everyone!

I told Patti I would pick up this thread until she returns. Hang in with me!

I am leaving now, to sit with my friend whose husband has terminal cancer. He is having a procedure today, and I am not sure what they will find, or do.

Everyone enjoy your day! Even if it is a bad one, we are all glad you are here with us!

Kim
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

My dear husband arrived home safely yesterday afternoon, and it was so good to see him. Baked him some brownies for a "Welcome Home" gift.

I am going to get my hair cut...Thank Goodness...in about 40 minutes, and I am going to get a few groceries after that.It is raining for the 5th day straght now, and boy, am I sick of this.

I will wrap some more Christmas gifts and diddle around doing other things...don't know what yet. But, it will be inside as only ducks would be out today. My cat stands whining at the door...he wants out, but knows it raining, and he's mad, too.!

Good day to all. Kim, I do hope your friend's husband will have a successful procedure; it sounds like a very stressful and sad time in her life. Take care, dear friend.

Sue
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Everyone:

I, too, would like to thank Kim for posting this for Patti this week.

This afternoon I need to make a stop at the drugstore on the way home. If the weather cooperates (supposed to rain later this afternoon) I would like to get outside and do some yardwork. I can't do much raking, but the wind blew some of our leaves into sort of a pile so I will put them in the garden and burn them.

If I have the time and energy, I also need to take out the screens and put them in the basement for the winter. Fortunately, we have newer windows so it won't take very long.

Make chili for dinner.

Ellen
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Chili sounds good, Ellen! It's "chili" outside today, so that might just hit the spot tonight! (-:

Going to finish laundry, get prescription, go thrift shopping. I haven't been out of house in several days...should do that.

Need to make a couple of appointments, start getting ready for our trip to Chico this Thursday PM. We are taking our 5th wheel so it's not a big deal to get ready.

That's about it, I guess. Trying to just get through each day, one by one. It is a hard task, isn't it? But, I guess that's the way it is.

Love to each!

Sue
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hello everyone! Thanks for your thanks! I am more than happy to keep this thread going!

You all amaze me with all of your plans!

Today is med review day and hair cut, or a little trimming I should say, day. It was a long day at the hospital yesterday with my friend. Well worth it, just emotional and physically draining. Thanks Sue for your kind thoughts. Unfortunately, the procedure did nothing but put Dave in writhing (sp)pain. I wish the doctors would say enough is enough.

I top dusted and will swiffer, as always today! LOL My hand is starting to attach itself to one swiffer or the other! LOL

I hope today is a good day for all. Remember to take very good care of yourselves!

Hope Patti is having fun!

Kim
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I woke up at 5:30 a.m. So unlike me!

Today I absolutely HAVE to do some laundry. Clean floors. wipe down baths. I have an hair appointment at 1:00.

It has been a busy week already. I will be glad to have today over with!

Nature, I hope you're flare isn't as bad. You had LOTS on your list. I read it and wanted to take a nap! LOL

Have a good day. Be kind to yourselves!

Kim

[This Message was Edited on 11/09/2005]
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Everyone:

Kim - so sorry about your friend's husband. You are such a good friend to be so supportive even though you are not feeling well yourself.

We had quite a storm last night. I don't think it damaged anything, but it woke me up at 1:30 a.m. with all the lightning and thunder. We really needed the rain.

I think today will be my last day of physical therapy. It has helped me some and I have stretching exercises I've been doing at home. But you know how it goes with FMS-some good days, some bad. I've enjoyed the therapy, but it makes a long day for me-leave the house at 7:40, get to work at 8:00 and leave work at 12:30. Get to therapy at 1:00 and done around 3:00 or 3:15. Almost 3:30 when I get home. It's Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Don't have much planned for when I get home later this afternoon except a long nap and heat up yesterday's chili. I like to make extra so we have it for two meals.

Take care everyone!

Ellen
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

as we are leaving tomorrow afternoon for the weekend. Just need a few clothes and call my neighbor to make sure she's going to watch Felix...my cat.

Talked to my cousin this morning...fun. Felix woke me up about 4 AM today. He gets up on the bed, scoots up between Jim and me, and then looks at me, purring. When I don't respond, the paws me. I wanted to throw him down, but didn't do it fast enough and I was totally awake. My hip and legs hurt so badly that I couldn't lie there anymore. Took heat and a Vicodin and a half to cut the pain. Wondered if it was ever going away.

Didn't make chili...a chicken thing, and tonight Jim and his good friend are going out to dinner...a weekly thing. They have been working on the plans for the house we'll build. No dinner to worry about.

Now, I must get dressed and busy. Hope you all have a good day...take care!

Sue
  9. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

My wee bunny chewed through the modem wires so I've been offline for a week. It's good to be back online - I missed you guys and the daily focus the to-do list thread provides for me.

I'm way tired and in pain and it's very cold and rainy outside so I skipped my class at the community centre. I don't feel up to doing too much but I'll make a to-do list and hope I feel inspired to do some things later in the day.

1) clean bedroom
    2) change RMT appointment time (double booked)
    3) clean fridge
    4) iron a few things

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  10. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Anne Theresa - Glad you are back. I've never had a bunny, but have heard they like to chew.

This afternoon I need to finish vacuuming. This time of year my three cats aren't shedding as much so I don't have as much cat hair to vacuum up.

I never did take down the screens the other afternoon, but plan to do it today.

Make chop suey for dinner. It's a pretty easy recipe of my mother's and one of my favorite dinners.

That's it for me-talk to everyone tomorrow.

Ellen
  11. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I must finish packing the 5th wheel, get my key to neighbor so she can watch Felix, go to the drug store, and straighten up the house and myself! I was hit with a huge wave of pain and fatugue about noon yesterday. I went to bed for most of the afternoon and then went to bed early in the evening. At least I slept well last night.

Don't feel great today, but will press on anyway. It's funny, but does this happen to you? I will have a couple of really good days and then BAM! I hit a wall and I'm back to square one again. Man, this is frustrating.

So, anyway, you guys have a great weekend. We will be back sometime on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing grandson Ben, a darling two-year old boy. His parents are wonderful and it will be so fun to see them all again. His mother is Jim's daughter.

Take care!

Sue
  12. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Good afternoon!

Thanks to you all for your kind words regarding my friends husband. You are so AWESOME!

My friend called last night and told me they were going to try the same procedure on her husband, that was tried earlier this week.

Today I was up bright and early so I could be there with Terri. It was a procedure to make Dave more comfortable. He did not have the pain he had earlier. I thank God for that. His cancer is spreading rapidly. Terri is in complete denial, and I worry about that.

I am going to run some errands with hubby, and probably crash when we get home. There has been something every day, and it is catching up w/ me.

Nature, I am so very sorry for your friend. It is so depressing. I know you will be a very good friend and she will benefit from this.

Sue, have a good trip. I am hoping you will be feeling better! Yes, I can feel good one day, or several, and then feel as if a truck as run over me.

Anne Theresa, it is so good to 'see' you again!

Ellen, you are one of the kindest people I know. Thank you for being you!

Be gentle on yourselves today....

Kim
  13. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Today I want to spend some time & energy pampering myself. A hot shower, shampoo, manicure, pedicure, maybe a facial mask. Whatever I can do to feel better about myself is my top priority today.

After I feel adequately pampered - later today, tonight or tomorrow - I'll get to a few things around the house:

1) daily housework routines (bed, kitchen, bathroom)
    2) clean water cooler
    3) clean and organize pots and pans cupboard
    4) clean bunny cage
    5) swiffer the floors

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  14. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Sue - You may not see this, but have a good trip. I think that sometimes the stress of getting ready for a trip can bring on a flare. I hope you are doing okay.

Kim - thanks for the compliment. I have found this board to be filled with kind, compassionate people who really want to offer help and support to others. Try to find some time to rest. I understand about having so much going on. Sometimes you just have to take a break from the world. I am sure this must be a nightmare for your friend and her husband. Remember that denial is one of the stages of grief I am sure your friend is going through.

Anyway, here's my plan for this afternoon. I only have an hour of physical therapy today and Monday and then I'm done! After therapy I need to work on laundry. Then a nap. Leftover chop suey for dinner.

This weekend we need to get out and do more raking. Of course I can't do much raking-husband does most of that. I still have a few flowers to cut down and the rest of the stuff on the porch to put away for the winter. Also plan to just relax-read magazines and watch movies.

Have a good weekend everyone. See you all on Monday.

Ellen

15. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hello..

I have done NOTHING today. Woke up very tired and headed for the couch. I did light dusting and that is probably it for the day!

For all of you with pain, I hope you find some relief soon. There is nothing like unrelenting pain!

Ellen, congrats on almost being done with PT!!!! Would you mind sharing your chop suey recipe,if you read this?

TGIF everyone!

Kim

16. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Kim, I feel as you do today, simply exhausted! I did the bare minimum of housework this morning (made the bed, wiped down the bathroom, put away the dishes) and now I plan to spend the rest of the day reclining on my massage chair (my favourite pastime these days!).

I'll read, watch TV and/or doze off and just let the world get on without me. Usually, I dislike being housebound but it's cold outside (it snowed yesterday) so the notion of staying indoors, cozy and warm is appealing.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

p.s. I still have a few things left from yesterday's to-do list but I'm not going to worry about that today. Maybe tomorrow...
  17. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Anne Theresa, I am sorry you are feeling unwell too. These are the days when. I feel depressed. May today be kinder to you.

Today is still a very painful and fatigue filled day. I slept until noon, which I hate. Part of it is due to taking pain meds last night. I feel as if both body and mind, are filled with lead. Very emotional today.

My husband is usually so helpful, but as of late it seems as if he is not as in 'tune'.

I ended up scrubbing his and our sons bath top to bottom today. It seems to me as if they could at least wipe down areas with the disposable cloths I leave in there. Maybe it's being a martyr, but they have done in the past, I am not going to beg today.

Okay, enough blubbering. The bath cleaning was about it today, other than polishing several tables. It is time for me to get bathed...finally. I have cleaned up for several days but have been too tired to shower or sit in the tub. Hair will have to go on looking like Woody Woodpecker!

I apologize for venting on this post. Just tired and depressed.

For everyone, I hope you are having as good of day as possible! Take care as necessary!

Enjoy your weekend, no matter what it is you are doing!

Kim
  18. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I've been stuck indoors for the past four days and I'm starting to feel that old cabin fever creeping up on me. So, the first item on today's to-do list is to dust off my walker and go for a walk.

The second item on today's agenda; make a big salad for dinner. My sweetie went to the farmer's market this morning and brought home some lovely, fresh vegetables.

Thirdly, dust.

I still haven't cleaned/organized the pots and pans drawer. I may do that today or perhaps procrastinate a little longer...

I wish for everyone a happy, feel-good weekend.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  19. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Welcome home Patti! You were missed! Did you have a nice trip?

I said I wasn't going to do much yesterday, but did. It paid me back. My ears need to listen better!

Today I have managed to get cleaned up and plan on watching movies. It is a beautiful day, but I can enjoy it from inside also!

I need to get rested up to get up and running for my other friend whose dad died Friday morning. His calling is tomorrow with funeral on Tuesday. So much saddness in such a short time...

Naturebaby, I hope you read this and post again real soon. We miss you.

Hugs to all!

Kim
  20. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I haven't shared with you the extent of my recent depression but I will tell you now, it's been difficult for me to find the motivation to do anything lately.

In spite of yesterday's good intentions, I didn't get outside for a walk. The trouble is when I'm feeling bad like this and it's cold outside, the last thing I want to do is go outdoors even though I know the exercise will do me good and lift my spirits. I feel so stuck.

The past two weeks or so, I've been dog-tired, head achy and not interested in anything or anyone. I've canceled appointments and plans and avoided leaving the house. My to-do lists,though written with a pure heart, have been sadly neglected as everything I try to do seems overwhelming. In spite of daily personal goal-setting, I've only managed the bare minimum in terms of housework and personal hygiene.

ah, depression, what a terrible state of mind. I pray it lifts soon. It's the time of year. During the colder months I'm sensitive to Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). This makes my 'normal' clinical depression much more difficult to contend with. The depression leads to a lack of motivation, activity and exercise, lack of appetite, disrupted sleep and other symptoms which in turn impact on the fibromyalgia pain (I feel much worse when I'm not active). The increased pain depresses me more and so on and on and on.

I'm trying to break through this, using my SAD light daily, taking my AD's, trying to think positive thoughts etc. I'm doing the best I can and I pray this depression lifts before too long. Thanks for listening.

In terms of today's to-do list, getting out for a walk is still the number one priority. I'll do what I can to pull myself away from the computer - after I post this - and go for a short walk. Then, I'll take the remainder of the day as it comes. I'll hope for the best.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa