To Do List Nov 30 to Dec 6

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Nov 29, 2009.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hi all,

Anne Theresa can't wait to hear from u in the new apt...Hope u find some peace and serenity in your new home.

Molly thinking of u often...

Finger is still painful, numb from 2nd joint to tip, typing makes it painful.

Need to pick up meds from town today, facial tomorrow.

Gonna be so talkative when I can finally type again.

2. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

It is my birthday today:) My Mom is coming over after school today to visit. It is her birthday today also.

It is Liam's first day back at school after a 9 day break. He did really well this morning getting ready and walked right into the school with the neighbor girl. I am happy about that. He was sleep deprived and had nightmares every night about school for the entire break. We finally got a hold of the pdoc and changed the dose and we are all getting more sleep the past two nights.

So there are 3 weeks until Christmas break and I want the school to move forward with whatever they are going to suggest for Liam. We have a message in to the sped director. They plan to take away the aide on Thursday but after talking with the school's autism consultant she is planning to suggest new assessments and told me with the aide there it is like night and day. Bottom line, I am anxious about all this.

Nancy-thanks for thinking of us! I hope you have a nice facial and it will take your mind off the pain in your finger.

Anne Theresay-I hope the move went well and you aren't too overwhelmed. It will be a nice new clean place. We had our first dusting of snow in the mountains here! Not enough to make the drive (it is about 1 1/2 hrs) to visit snow just yet. Liam has only been to the snow once when he was 3. He asks every year. Hopefully this will be a year we can do it!

To do:
    Finish cleaning and organizing toys in Liam's room.

Hello to all who follow!
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

How neat that you and your mom share birthdays! It was my cousin's birthday also.

Nancy- Take care of that poor more sewing for awhile. Is your hubby back yet from his travels?

Anne Theresa- We're all thinking of you and hoping it was a relatively pain-free move. How does your new desk fit in? I'll bet it looks lovely.

This is a tiny bit quieter week for me.....hallelujah! But am I thinking of writing Christmas cards yet? Nooooo, it seems too soon, although I know it is December.

I have made a discovery....I have RLS, and that sugar is a trigger for me. It only took me about 14 years to put two and two together! But I have really tried to eliminate sugar and it's making a difference. My RLS is still there, but not nearly as bad. Sugar really isn't good for anything, is it? Just tastes good......

Hope all are well and will check in soon!
    Hugs, Terri
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good morning all,

I seem to have more mobility in my finger and we'll see how it goes with the typing this morning.

We have some good news....Katy got a job on base so today I'll take her to HRO for the paperwork. We were in a bit of a panic mode with German laws we were going to have to send her back to the states for at least 6 months if she didn't get a job this week or next. (our cut off date was Nov 21st so this couldn't have come at a better time)

This job will give her a new ID card, access to the base etc we just have to look into the insurance part of it when she surrenders her old ID.

I really didn't want to have to do that since watching her grow and bloom is such a blessing so I'm grateful for the answered prayers. It's been such an amazing year for us.

Happy belated birthday sorry we missed it.

Terri, did you have the neurological testing for the RLS? My husband has it as well and I think he takes Lyrica for it. It really helps and helps with my sleep too since he was jerking us both awake before I discovered the problem.

There's also a link between RLS and gluten allergies, that's how I discovered the gluten thing with him too. Thank Goodness I can occasionally do some research for us both because I really just stumbled on the information.

Anne Theresa although you must be surrounded by boxes right now I hope both you and your sister are enjoying your new place. Please write soon and let us know how you're doing.

Hugs all,

5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello friends. Just a quick note to let you know I've arrived in my new home and I'm busy unpacking and finding my bearings. The move went well and then, later that same evening, I had a lovely visit from my youngest son who was a great help (still no word from my eldest son). I've been working non-stop since Saturday morning (on very little sleep). I crashed today, too exhausted to do anything but watch tv. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll have a bit more energy. I'll write more as I'm able. God bless, Theresa

6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Good Morning all....

Anne Theresa, so good to hear from you but please, get some rest!!! Try my way of working, not more than 10 minutes per hour and you'll be surprised at how quickly things get done.

Today my housekeeper should be coming and hopefully she'll be feeling better than last week.

I've already had an exhausting week. I took Katy for her paperwork yesterday and to legal, grocery shopping too. The man she had an appt with wasn't there so the information she got was very confusing.

Our cat had surgery on Tuesday for her teeth so not only did I get my facial and shop for some wonderful sweaters, I wasn't able to get any rest since I had to pick up the kitty later in the day.

I still have errands to run but I'm hoping for a restful day around the house to get caught up here. Haven't cooked dinner all week either, oops!

Hugs all,

7. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Go to dollar store and grocery store (finished)
    Get package ready for the mail
    Go to pharmacy, mail package, buy magnifying glasses (I lost my reading glasses) and so it's difficult to see to read/type/post
    Make appointment with optomotrist
    Make weekly pill reminder boxes
    Someone is coming later to hang curtains
    Shower & Shampoo

Sorry for the brief message. I'll try to write more tomorrow.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
    [This Message was Edited on 12/03/2009]
  8. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Not my usual time for posting, but I have the house to myself.....ahhhh!

Nancy, I didn't know about neurological testing for RLS....I would guess you see a neurologist, right? The sugar thing is helping immensely, so I don't want to give up gluten just yet. But you never know.....

Actually, I made a peach pie the other day which was quite good. I had frozen whole peaches last fall, so I thawed those in some water, then made a whole wheat crust, and made the filling with xylitol. It turned out really good- more fruity than sugary, but I liked it a lot! So did everyone else, so I think we're onto something here. I have a whole freezer full of fruit, so now I can make pies that are relatively good for you!

Congrats to Katy for getting a job, and in the nick of time! Yay!

Anne Theresa- take a break, lady! You are going to fall right into one of your empty boxes! Your sister will understand.....

Have a good weekend, ladies!
  9. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

I love the new apartment - it's starting to look real nice, still lots to do though.

Terri, those pies sound great!

Nancy, I hope your finger's not causing too much pain. Good news about Katy's getting a job.

Molly, Happy Belated Birthday! We've had a bit of snow here, thankfully it didn't last too long. (I don't mind the snow - per se - but it leaves me near-housebound because I can't use my walker in the snow.) I can understand how Liam likes it though - I used to love it when I was his age :) I'm glad Liam's getting a bit more sleep and I hope the improvement continues.

To-Do Today

pick up presriptions
    attend optomotrists appointment
    make appointment for much-needed massage therapy
    organize space, hang pictures, etc.

Enjoy the weekend, all!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa