To Do List Oct 11 - 17

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AnneTheresa, Oct 12, 2010.

1. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello everyone

I had a lovely Thanksgiving, though it was a quiet day with just me and my sister. (I plan to travel to see my sons in a few weeks so I'll celebrate another Thanksgiving day with them.) My sister, in naming the thing she was most thankful for, over the previous year, said she was most thankful that we set up house together. I agreed with the sentiment. After almost a year of living together, I can honestly say, living with my sister has been a good experience.

If you're a newcomer to this thread, please feel welcome to join us. We are a group of people intent on supporting each other to make the most out of our limited energy to accomplish our goals. The ways we do this include, writing and prioritizing a daily to-do list as well as sharing our daily struggles and ongoing issues.

To-Do Today

shower & shampoo
    insurance forms
    clean bunny cage
    fold, put away laundry
    dress & make-up
    go to diorama, grocery store

I look forward to reading posts from other members,

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Anne Theresa, thanks for getting the list started this week and I'm glad that you had a peaceful and nice Thanksgiving Day.

I had a very poopy birthday yesterday.....Katy had a doc appt on base so I decided to go too. I got my flu shot first, checked in and found I had an appt too with my doc. Then we had lunch out and left for my CT scan at another hospital. That test basically took 3 hours so my day was shot....not one of those birthdays that you'd care to remember much.

I did cook dinner on Tuesday and it was one of my best meals ever....pork chops with an apricot/chutney type of sauce on top, mashed potatoes with rosemary and home made applesauce. Have no idea what got into me, but I just want nice food now and then after my starvation days in the hospital! I had never cooked this before so I was thrilled that not only did it turn out wonderful, but hubby and Katy both loved it.

Today I'm just going to rest after being out so much yesterday. I'm still not at a point that I can go out or even shower some days.

Hugs all,

3. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Hello all,

Happy (Belated) Birthday Nancy! I'm sorry your b-day was filled with so many un-fun activities. Thankfully, the day prior was nice - wow - what a delicious spread! I'm sure it made for a wonderful family dinner. I hope you had a restful day yesterday and are feeling well today.

For me, yesterday was one of those days when my body gave me no choice but to rest. This seems to happen once every week or two, my body just refuses to get up and go. I spent yesterday sitting in my recliner, too tired to even read or watch TV. What usually happens, after a day of such horrible fatigue, is a slight increase in energy about 6 p.m. At that time (usually not before) I'm at least able to fix myself something to eat, maybe watch television. I go to sleep at the usual time and the next day I typically feel well-rested and good.

Can anyone relate to the above scenario?

Given that I feel *well-rested and good today, I should be able to accomplish a few things.

To Do List

Make appointments: massage therapy, dentist,
    Order prescription refills
    vacuum & dust
    fix bunny's water bottle
    dress & make-up
    visit friend (coffee break)
    pick up items at store
    email sons re: upcoming visit

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

* It's all relative. When I say I feel well-rested and good, please understand I really feel tired and in pain but in comparison to how tired and in pain I usually feel, one could say in comparison, I feel well-rested and good :)

4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Anne Theresa, I completely understand what you're saying and especially the increase in energy around 5:00 pm or so. Happens to me all the time too. Nice that it gives me a few minutes to get something done, but I wish I had more of it!

Yesterday I woke up feeling more human which was nice and very rare lately. I played a fun game on my wii and called a friend I hadn't talked to in a few months.

Katy was home from work sick, she's been on her period for 2 months now (at least) and was sick to her stomach again poor thing...

Today I'm hoping at some point to feel well enough to get out and I want to see if it's possible to get my haircut since hubby can drive me to the base. I'd like to get out of the house for something more fun than a hospital!!

Hugs all,