To Do List October 1 - 7th

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hugs4evry1, Sep 30, 2007.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hello all,

Although the bike race is over & the streets are clear, I've been waking up between 4-4:30 since Saturday so I guess I'll take another easy day today and try to nap.

Wanted to get all my hair cut off today. Found a great website for trying on new do's and found a short one I really like. Since you upload your own photo, you really get a good idea of how it's going to look.

It's also my daughter's first day of being alone in two weeks so it wouldn't hurt to stay by the phone in case she needs me. She does sound like she's doing very well on her new meds and is down to 100mg of the Seroquel starting this week.

Terri, how's your Dad doing?

Hugs all,

[This Message was Edited on 10/01/2007]
  2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I have a question to ask all of you. How often do you have problems with fibro-fog where you suddenly forget how to do something you've known how to do all your life. On Sunday I was in church with a friend when it was time to go to communion. I was the first in line when I realized I couldn't remember how to put my hands. Fortunately I remembered by the time I got to Father Dave.

Then I couldn't remember what pew we had been sitting in (we were in the first pew) so my friend had to guide me into the pew. Then when I went to sit down, some brochures on the end of the pew, somehow slipped off the pew and fell on the floor right where the people were walking to receive communion so I couldn't pick them up.

I felt so stupid and embarrassed and felt like everyone was staring at me, although I'm sure they weren't. My friend knows about my FMS, but I had to explain to her that I was having a fibro-fog moment. I went home and cried and Harry comforted me. Usually when I have fibro-fog it doesn't come on so suddenly and I don't forget something I've done all my life. It always upsets me. Well, enough of that.

Sue: I take it that snow is not common in the area you are camping in for this time of the year. How does Felix like the snow? Now that it is October, I am sure we will see snow here in Michigan by next month.

Nancy: I am so glad that your daughter is doing better. I spent all day Saturday with Jim and we had a good time. It's amazing what medication can do. Now if it only didn't have the side effects.

To-do list:

-call dentist (I have a sensitive tooth that I should have
    looked at)
    -vacuum carpeted floors upstairs
    -read magazine
    -leftovers for dinner

3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I can get the way you described when my blood sugar levels drop....same type of symptoms, in fact I can't even usually talk.

Have you had this checked? How long had it been since your last meal? What did you eat?

Hypoglycemia has just about the exact same symptoms of what we go through with fibro fog, but including weakness, dizzyness etc.....

Oh and I did get my hair cut off....not completely used to it yet, but I do like it.

So glad your day with your brother went well....

Nancy B
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Nancy...glad daughter is doing better. Sounds like another bad spell is over! Glad you are resting again.

Ellen...fibrofog...awful. I'm sorry it bothered you so much, but I do one wants to have to depend on others or be weak....What kind of leftovers are you having?

No, it is unusual for snow in these CA mountains this early...we are only at 3400 ft. The kids had such fun, though, it was worth it.

Just hanging around today. Husband is off with friend; he just finished a nap.

I had fun playing with the kids and wood in the fire pit this AM. But...I smelled so badly of wood smoke, it's made me ill. Dumbie. Anyway, the kids were having a ball, and that was fun. I'll put up with the ickies for that memory.

Have a good day, each one. Will be headed to Chico to help husband's daughter tomorrow until next Sunday. Pray for strength for me...very hard chore, but one I want to tdo.

Blessings to each of you...

5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Nancy- thanks for asking about my Dad. He has been in the hospital for a solid week now, and he's going batty. But they will probably do surgery tomorrow (Wed.) and most likely will remove his other big toe. So he will be big toe-less. He isn't worried- he says you get special shoes to help with supporting weight, since the big toe is pretty important.

Ellen- sorry about your fibro fog moment. We all seem to have moments where we forget something we always knew, and I'm glad you remembered what to do just in time!

Not much new here, except I've been making grape juice. Our juicer doesn't like all the little seeds in the Concords, so I've been doing it the labor-intensive hand. I even wring it through a cloth to get the most juice I can, because it's so good! My hands don't look very nice now.....

Take care, and I hope to hear from others soon.....
  6. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I finished cleaning the kitchen, which was my big 'to-do' for today. Now I can just putter/clean without too much regard for whether or not anything gets accomplished.

We lost a friend over the weekend, his funeral is tomorrow. It's a sad occasion and I feel gloomy.

I'm scheduled to go out (shopping/errands) with a friend this evening, which is good because I've been indoors for several days in a row.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hello all,

I have a few things I 'need' to do, but I'm not sure what I'll get accomplished today.

The housekeeper is coming a day early and since she speaks only german and I don't, I'm not sure what else she said on the phone a few days ago, or what time she's coming so I have to be home to let her in.

I need groceries after being home for a week, and I need to go to our PX to get birthday cards for both my husband and Dad.

Ellen, I also wanted to mention that my brain got the way you described a year before the hypoglycemic symptoms when I became Hypothyroid. Everything was hard for me, I couldn't count backwards from 10, couldn't remember my phone number etc.....

Please get this checked as well. Not all of our symptoms are because of FM/CFS.

8. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Girls:

I didn't get a chance to get on here yesterday as I was busy finishing a project at work and then I had to leave a half hour early to go to a co-worker's retirement luncheon.

Thanks for your kind words. I'm okay now. Years ago I was hypoglycemic, but haven't had problems with it for years as I do eat regularly and am careful what I eat most of the time. I remember how I would feel when my blood sugar would drop and it wasn't that. I'm sure it was brain fog. Oh, well. I survived it and at least it doesn't happen like that very often. Hopefully next time it won't happen in church.

Terri: I'm so sorry your dad has to have both of his big toes cut off, but at least he will still have the rest of his toes. Does he live near you?

Sue: Sorry the smoke affected you so much and I hope you can get through the next week okay. It's hard when we try to do things outside of our normal routine.

Anne Theresa: Was your friend's death unexpected? I know how hard it is to lose someone you are close to. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Nancy: Is your daughter still doing okay? I am taking Jim out for pizza today. I am sure he is counting the hours until I am off from work!

To-do list:

-take Jim out for pizza
    -finish vacuuming
    -dust family room
    -BLT's for dinner

Take care, everyone. Talk to you tomorrow!

9. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm dressed & ready to go to the funeral, our ride will be here in an hour. Sweetie has the day off from work (it was his best friend that died, unexpectedly from a heart-attack) and though sweetie feels sad, he's set his focus on the good times with his friend, of which there were many.

Aside from attending the funeral, the only thing we need to accomplish today is to shop for groceries.

Then, hopefully, I'll feel up to making a nice dinner, fish, pilaf & lots of veggies to offset all the processed foods we've been indulging in lately.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  10. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hello all,

Today I'm hoping to go buy some groceries, although hubby did the fruit run yesterday, I still need to go.

Hubby and I keep getting migraines lately, probably the changing weather patterns but it is interferring with our sleep and he snored most of the night last night so I'm pretty tired today.

Ellen, so far, my daughter is still doing well. It's her last week on Seroquel (100mgs) and her doc appt is today. Her husband took the day off of work and will take her to the appt. He has a long weekend off so that too will help with the final weaning.

She is nervous about not having an anti-anxiety med and she's only on the Risperadone for now but she still seems to be doing well.

Hope your pizza date went well with Jim....

Anne Theresa, I'm so sorry about your friend.

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you can tell me to myob if you want to...just curious...isn't your daughter dx w/bipolar disorder? i was reading she is getting weaned off from seroquel. i didn't know if that meant she was going on something else...instead?

i remember that she was a cutter..if i am correct. i hope she has gotten herself on track...

truly from my heart i mean that.

i still w/major depression, ptsd and anxiety...did i miss anything...oh trying to get help w/dealing w/my rape in feb. of this year...

i withdrew from college classes...just my 17 almost 18 year old son...needs a good mri on friday for his knee...he got it injured during a football game...

they said in e.r. on monday he tore his mcl and possibly his acl...and who knows what else..

so this week i have dr/ appts for him.

i am supposed to be going to intensive outpatient classes for depression this week but i have not made any of them...cody can not drive to school and needs to be there at 9:15 am...

and i am supposed to be at my group meetings at 9 am...just can't be in 2 places at once.

well you all take care

12. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

You're welcome to join in, anytime.

Ellen, in answer to your question, my dad and mom live in Arkansas, while we are in Washington. I got to go visit for a week last summer, but that's about all we can do right now. I wish I could help out more than phone calls...

Today I will be vaccuuming, running errands, and teaching. The weather is cooler now so we need to clean out what remains of the garden. I have a few bulbs to plant (narcissus) and also some grape plants. I wanted to buy Concords at our local nursery, but couldn't find any so I bought two Riesling grape plants. The little grapes on the bushes are really sweet! So my to-do list will take a couple days....

I hope everyone is well,
  13. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Your memory is sharp...she's weaning off of Seroquel and is now taking Risperadone and the doc upped to dosage today for her.

Sounds like you've got your plate full, but need to take care of yourself too. Can your son have a friend drive him to school so you can make your appts?

I've read up a bit on what happened to you and I'm just so truly sorry this happened.

Be good to yourself...

Nancy B
  14. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

This week is flying by. I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already. It's mid-morning so I decided to take a break and check in with all of you.

We are going to have a warm and sunny day-84 degrees! We've had a nice September and so far October.

Terri - You reminded me that I had tulip bulbs to plant. Our nursery was having a sale last weekend and I couldn't resist. Now if I can just remember what part of the garden last spring I thought needed more tulips! I was
    fortunate to live near my parents. It must be hard to be so far away and not be able to help.

Anne Theresa: I am so sorry that your friend died so unexpectedly. This must be so difficult for you and your husband.

Jodie: I just wanted to welcome you to our group.

Nancy: Your daughter is so fortunate to have such a supportive husband. He must love her very much. Jim was in the mood for Mexican food so we ended up doing that instead yesterday.

To-do list:

-finish doing load of laundry
    -put away dishes
    -get groceries
    -pool therapy class

15. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Thanks for the supportive words, with regard to our friend's death. The funeral was nice, sad though.

I've lived like a hermit for several years and so it was especially nice to see friends and colleagues at the reception after the funeral. I was told I look 'amazing', this from the heart of a friend who doesn't know how sick I've been.

It was nice to recieve such a compliment, but also bittersweet because it made me wish my amazing self could get out and about and participate in the world more often than I do. There's something about death that always leads me to contemplation and the desire to live in a more meaningful way.

My main 'to-do' today is a doctor's appointment this afternoon. Before and after the apointment, I'd like to accomplish the following:

clean/organize fridge
    cut up vegetables for snacks
    prepare the dinner I didn't make yesterday (I was simply exhausted after the funeral, couldn't even dream of cooking a meal)
    tidy living/bed rooms
    empty wastebaskets
    clean pets' areas
    shower & shampoo

At some point, I need to unpack my autumn/winter clothes and pack away my summer things. I won't do this today but soon, maybe over the weekend.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa

16. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

The weather remains warm and sunny here (80's) and will stay this way through Monday (if the weatherman is right). I know it won't last, so I plan to get out and enjoy it this weekend.

To-do list for today:

-wash bedding and towels
    -having our septic tank cleaned out today
    -check garden for tomatoes and broccoli

To-do list for weekend:

-write a letter to a friend (yes, I still do the old-
    fashioned way of communicating!)
    -plant tulip bulbs
    -pay bills
    -call a girlfriend I haven't talked to in awhile
    -go see a movie on Sunday with a friend (a scary one!)
    -spend time with my husband on Saturday-not sure what we
    will do-maybe go for a drive and listen to oldies on
    the radio and talk-we love to do that. And go out for

Take care, everyone, and I'll be back on Monday.

17. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I posted a picture (in my profile) of my sons, Steve & James. This pic was taken recently, during our Niagara Falls trip.

I've been resting most of the day - I slept late, then fell asleep with my morning coffee - I tried to watch a movie but then fell asleep in the middle of it.

I feel good for all the extra rest and I hope that feeling extends into tomorrow because sweetie and I have theatre tickets and I'd love to feel well enough to attend and enjoy.

The only housework on today's to-do list is to damp-mop the kitchen floor. I also need to get to the pet store to buy turtle food. On second thought, I may just give the dear some shrimp & vegetables (she eats well, better than me somedays)and stop at the pet store tomorrow after the play.

Enjoy the weekend, all!

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  18. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I had a wonderful day yesterday starting with sleeping for 11 hours....kicked hubby out because of snoring!

We bought a piece for my sewing room at the antique store on base and the owner even delivered it for us.

So today I'll be going through my stuff and rearranging to get rid of some of my rubbermaid storage thingies.

Anne Theresa, love the pics of your boys....

Where's Kim? I know she mentioned that it's ok to start the thread but I thought she was only going to be busy in Sept....Anyone heard from her?

Hugs all,

Nancy B
  19. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Take the boys to a soccer game
    Visit a rummage sale at a local church
    Our family is taking a fall drive to Leavenworth, a small Bavarian community in central Washington. It is a beautiful town, with a Bavarian theme and set in forested mountains. Google it to see how cute the town is......not quite Germany, Nancy, but as close as we can get!

20. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Shouldn't be a problem since my time in Germany is 6 hours ahead of East Coast time.

But I don't always post this thread, just filling in for Kim while she's away and busy.

Nancy B