To ellencomstock - Re: Sleep research...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CL, Nov 1, 2002.

1. CL

CL New Member

Hi Ellen,

I saw your post on "Participating in research" and may be interested in participating as well. I live in Chicago but may be willing to travel to Michigan. What I need is some contact info. You said Henry Ford Hospital which I think is in Detroit, but a Doctors name, phone number or address would be helpful.

Thanks,
    ChiLad
  2. CL

CL New Member

Hi Ellen,

I saw your post on "Participating in research" and may be interested in participating as well. I live in Chicago but may be willing to travel to Michigan. What I need is some contact info. You said Henry Ford Hospital which I think is in Detroit, but a Doctors name, phone number or address would be helpful.

Thanks,
    ChiLad
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Ellen...................

Shalom, Shirl

4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I am at work right now and don't have the info with me, but will get it out tonight and send you a message tomorrow. I have an appt. with Dr. Gillis (the one doing the program) on November 12. The days I will be there are Nov. 29, 30, December 1 and 2. The first day I don't have to be there until two hours before bedtime. Then the next day I can be gone for the middle of the day, then I have to stay there until I am released early on December 3.

Yes, Henry Ford Hospital is in Detroit. I think my husband said it's right downtown. They included a map with the package of information. I am wondering if they might know of research being done in your area. I think it's great that you are willing to travel to Michigan. The more people that participate, the sooner we can get some answers and eventually a cure.

Just know that you will need to go off of all medication including pain medication about ten days before you go in. That's going to be hard for me since my worst pain is at night, so I probably won't get much sleep (less than normal), but I'm willing to do it. When I called to say I was interested they asked me a lot of questions to make sure I was eligible for the program. You can't drink, smoke, use caffeine, etc. I can't remember what some of the other requirements were.

Anyway, I will get back with you tomorrow.

Ellen
  5. CL

CL New Member

Looking forward to more info. When you say you have to stay there for several days, do you me in the hospital or in the Detroit area (at your own cost). Also, Im a little cocerned if I'm off my sleep meds for 10 days I'm not sure I could drive to Detroit.

ChilLad