To Elvira--Wilson's Thyroid

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by camry, Oct 3, 2002.

1. camry

camry New Member

I was interested to read what you wrote,since I saw an article for the first time yesterday on this, too. I have fibromyalgia and truly believe there's a connection. I have antithyroid antibodies, and all the symptoms of hypothyroidism or Wilson's syndrome: hairloss, temp of 96 every am taken under my arm, memory loss, concentration problem, anxiety, panic attacks to name a few. The article I read said that with Wilson's you have a normal TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) however, so doctors don't think you need thyroid replacement. I hope this helps. I went to an alternative medicine dr. who said I was hypothyroid. I believe we need to talk to our doctors.Take care. You write back, if you have any more info.
  2. camry

camry New Member

I was interested to read what you wrote,since I saw an article for the first time yesterday on this, too. I have fibromyalgia and truly believe there's a connection. I have antithyroid antibodies, and all the symptoms of hypothyroidism or Wilson's syndrome: hairloss, temp of 96 every am taken under my arm, memory loss, concentration problem, anxiety, panic attacks to name a few. The article I read said that with Wilson's you have a normal TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) however, so doctors don't think you need thyroid replacement. I hope this helps. I went to an alternative medicine dr. who said I was hypothyroid. I believe we need to talk to our doctors.Take care. You write back, if you have any more info.