To Erikmold, oranyone else that might know...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Feb 23, 2007.

  1. doxygirl

    doxygirl New Member

    Hey Erik, and anyone else that knows about mold,
    Hi, it's me Doxy......I was wondering if you could help me with the mold report I just got back from the lab?

    These are the test results from the mold test I did at my workplace so they are not from a professional.....but here is the results:

    Alternia.......results in colonies...5
    Aspergillus....results in colonies...4
    Cladosporium...results in colonies...5
    Penicillium....results in colonies...3

    This was a petrie dish that I set out, it was undisturbed and in a desolate location of the buiding meaning that it seems to be "airborne"????

    I would appreciate any and all interpretation of these results you may be able to help me with.

    Since my blood test was positive for mold allergic, does that mean that others in the building that may not be allergic may not have been affected like I was?

    Thanks Erik for any help you may have for me

    Hugs
    Doxy
    [This Message was Edited on 02/23/2007]
  2. doxygirl

    doxygirl New Member

  3. Slayadragon

    Slayadragon New Member

    Can you tell the difference between bad mold ("black mold") and other mold without smashing holes in your walls?

    Was that teacher in Incline Village? And if so, apparently no one thought that the mold was significant??

    I'm starting to think it's crazy that people aren't paying more attention to this.

    Best, Lisa
  4. doxygirl

    doxygirl New Member

    thanks for your responce!

    The test I performed was an "air settling" test.....I did not do any swabbing......Iam thinking that perhaps with more professional testing we might indeed find the more severe type of mold you mentioned?

    Do you think that is possible?

    If the mold I was ingesting was not that bad then why did it make me "SO" sick.... ?

    I can tell you with 100% honesty that when I would walk into that building I became extremely ill and when I left I would get some relief.

    In your opinion and knowlege of mold do you think I was getting so sick because Iam allergic and have dd and that is why it made ME so sick and maybe not others.

    "Oh" I almost forgot to mention that on one of the walls there was "BLACK MOLD" growing on it...and this was not tested or sent to the lab.at least the test I did it was not included.

    Thanks for helping me with this............you are a BIG help!

    Hugs
    Doxy
  5. wrthster

    wrthster New Member

    Has there been any doctor who has been able to help you? And who do you think are the best for those with severe mold intolerance problems? What is wrong with one's immune response to molds?
  6. doxygirl

    doxygirl New Member

    That clearly states that the molds that were found in my workplace .....can and do cause serious problems that can and do have permanant effects.........Iam so confused?

    My husband told me tonight that he montioned to one of out friends how I was so sick from mold and the friend told him that a person at his work has mold growing in their nose from mold exposire?

    Can this be happening to my lungs and sinuses...is that why they hurt me so bad?My lungs feel like they are full ofsomething" they kind fo burn?

    Thanks for listening and for any help!
    Doxy

  7. LADYBUG2

    LADYBUG2 New Member

  8. wrthster

    wrthster New Member

    I just got Questran I hope I am spelling it right from my doctor in FL. He said he knows of Dr. Shoemaker's work and has tried it on other patients but did not see good results. But he gave me a script to try it. The stuff is amazing. I can almost immediately feel a difference. But the minute I eat almost anything but green vegetables I feel aweful again.

    My question is: what the heck is going on? I also have been diagnosed with Lyme. Did you have any good result with Dr. Shoemaker? What did he do for you? How can we permantely clear the infections and build the immune system up so it does not react so horribly? Within the past six months I am 100X worse, and I know it was because of mold exposure in my last Apartment. When they had to cut into the walls somehting was released into the air from the dust. Any help you can provide would really really be greatly appreciated. I have tried everything: natural and medicine and nothing is fully getting rid of it. Now am trying compounded ampceterin-B and Questran.
  9. wrthster

    wrthster New Member

    Thanks very much for your reply. I did think at one time you went to see him (Dr. Shoemaker)? I don't know his whole protocol (otherwise I would try it), but just from using the CSM in small doses, has brought a good amount of temporary relief. Since you seem to know a great deal, in your opinion, since I have Lyme and major problems with mold and neurotoxins to travel to see him? Or to call his office to see if there is a practioner he can recommend? Finally as far as the avoidance, to what extent do you go? Meaning diet, environment, ect?

    For example, almost everything I put in my mouth bothers me, I live in Flordia which is one of the worst states possible for this type of condition. Thanks very much again, you have a lot of great knowledge to share. And I will say, from reading Shoemaker's web site, he seems to be far ahead of the rest of them.